Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #61   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei
Default Re: Random questions thread

However, if you make a Survival or a Versus map, make sure to don't make a separate episode for it, because it is inconvenient for everyone, just put it in the Z5_Other folder.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #62   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Another Lua question. How do I make my scripting async as in Macro? ("Action async")

E.g so that when I have a script that plays a sound file, it doesn't wait for it to finish executing the previous command (such as playing the sound to finish), but instead goes on to the next command. And if there are multiple async commands it executes them simultaneously.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #63   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Artificia1 is offline Steam ID: artarrwen Send a message via Skype™ to Artificia1 Facebook: artarrwen.corr

Have you tried RunAsync(func) ?

Code:
RunAsync(
 function()
 --body of the function
 end
)

Last edited by Artificia1; 01-31-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #64   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Will give it a try. Cheers.

How do I make an object usable by the player? I tried using Static models with EnableUsage(), but it doesn't display the "Press E to use" message. And yeah they're marked as controlled by game scripting. I also tried EnableAnalyzing(), EnableLookedAtInformation (or something like that) and it didn't work either.

The only way I did manage to get it to work was to use the Croteam tomb switch model (in which case it appears if I mouse over the little "handle" part). But any other models will not work. :/
Old 01-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #65   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Well, for me it works with a static model, having "Controlled from Script" set to Game scripting.
You have to use EnableUsage() to be able to use it and run the function after every usage, if you want to use the object multiple times.
You can set the message with SetUsageMessage("use me").
Old 02-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #66   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

I can try SetUsageMessage, but I sure couldn't get it to work with just EnableUsage(). I even tried different models.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #67   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

thanks
Old 02-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #68   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Artificia1 is offline Steam ID: artarrwen Send a message via Skype™ to Artificia1 Facebook: artarrwen.corr

Ehr.. Kinda stupid question..
How can I set up an end of game? I can only make ChapterInfo switching to another level.
In the SS3's last level it's just activates a ChapterInfo entity with script...

Edit: oh well... nevermind, copied that Chapterinfo into my level and it's magically worked.

Last edited by Artificia1; 02-02-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #69   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

librin.so.1 is offline Steam ID: martensitizer Send a message via Skype™ to librin.so.1

How do I control the navigation speed? Could not find anything in the preferences.
It's really hard to place the viewport at an exact position. I always keep missing my required spot by a very long shot =[
P.S. Is it possible to change the pivot point of the viewport rotation? (e.g. make it rotate around the map center)

Last edited by librin.so.1; 02-04-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #70   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinska View Post
P.S. Is it possible to change the pivot point of the viewport rotation? (e.g. make it rotate around the map center)
You can select an entity (or a group of entities), press A to zoom on it's center and then rotate viewport around it with Space+LMB+RMB.
If you want an entire map (including the cube background which is usually placed far away from the actual map), then just don't select anything.
AFAIK, there is no actual pivot point for viewport, it's just rotates around the center of the screen which is defined by the grid size (and the grid size aligns to a selected object or an entire map when pressing A)

Last edited by Artificia1; 02-04-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #71   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

librin.so.1 is offline Steam ID: martensitizer Send a message via Skype™ to librin.so.1

Actually, I'm making an IRL minigun model, and I use the Serious Editor to view the model for a reference, but even with extremely short clicks, the viewport jumps a couple of time the model length (even more with normal clicks). Thus, it's very hard to take a look at it's details - simply can't get the camera close enough/at the right angle to look at it.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #72   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Why don't you use the Esc button to move your view with WASD keys (movement speed is adjusted by mousewheel)?

Last edited by Artificia1; 02-04-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #73   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificia1 View Post
Why don't you use the Esc button to move your view with WASD keys (movement speed is adjusted by mousewheel)?
Thanks! It works! (the mousewheel works with "mouse" navigation too!)

Old 02-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #74   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Stickied this since I think it contains enough good info and it's easier to navigate this forum when there aren't a dozen threads for each question.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #75   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

I have a question about multi-spawners. When I look at a multi-spawner in an official level, it has completely different values for the total amount of enemies spawned:

http://i.imgur.com/IHU4t.png

According to this multi spawner, the spawner is set to spawn 1 Cloned Rifleman, 1 Cloned Soldier, and 2 Rocketeers. However, the "total enemeies" number is set at 12, which is way above the given numbers for each enemy.

My question is; which of these numbers is true? Is the "total amount" right, or is the list of each enemy # right? If the total amount is right, how does the game calculate how many of each enemy type will be spawned from each multi-spawner?
Old 02-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #76   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

"Number in Group". Check the scripting to see what type of spawning they have the spawner perform.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #77   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Ok, some scripting guru (Misch? ) tell me how to change this script so that it works with .Picked)):

Code:
-- swt : CUsedScriptEvent

local function SecretWeapon()
  local swt = Wait(Event(ChaosWeapon.Picked))
  print(swt)
  Secret2:MarkFulfilled(swt:GetUser())
end

SecretWeapon()
Right now it works with switches that use .Used)), but something else is needed for the "swt" to work with .Picked)).

Man it is difficult to do secrets in SED3.5.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #78   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Q2.

How the heck do I make my worldinfo music work right. Which is supposed to be the peaceful music, Exploration or Ambient? And what is Ambient actually used for? If I put the same music for both, I get overlapping music, but if I set music for just one, it doesn't play properly (e.g doesn't resume after a battle).
Old 02-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #79   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Ok, just using Ambient music works for the most part, although it likes to restart after a fight. But I still need help with the scripting (also for how to do it when activating a detector area, so the detector gets the player).
Old 02-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #80   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

Looking at an official level, it doesn't look like secret items even reference scripts. The secret items just have their corresponding secret entities as their "Target".
Old 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #81   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Well that makes a lot more sense. If that works, thanks a lot.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #82   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I actually checked, and now I actually know why Ambient and Exploration music plays together: Exploration Music is the Peace music. Ambient Music plays ALL THE TIME, even if there's a battle. It's because Ambient Music is actually a track of ambient sounds, like the wind blowing, birds chirping and such.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #83   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Uh huh. Well it's odd that I can't get exploration music to restart after a battle then.

I think I'll stick with just the ambient music. I didn't even notice it was playing during a fight.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #84   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Well, I think in the worldinfo there's some stuff about the battle music lasting how long, or something like that.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #85   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

That was for minimum duration of war music. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a mention of actual fight music lenght.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #86   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

NHunter is offline Steam ID: 76561198053919861

Can someone help me?
I'm trying to create my own map, but I ran into a (bug) with rocketeers: they refuse to aim at the player during test runs in the editor (haven't tried it in the actual game yet, but doing test run for official maps doesn't yield this bug) and always fire into the skies. I'm using unedited in ANY way puppets and behaviors for these guys.
Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this, or how to fix it?

-------------------------

EDIT: tried copying rocketeers from official game map; bug still doesn't go away. Also, as far as I can see, they are the only monsters who are affected by this bug.

Last edited by NHunter; 02-14-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #87   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Very weird, I use rocketeers myself without problems. Are you sure the rocketeers are using a legged character entity and that their puppet and behavior params are set up correctly? And that there isn't any tactic or such set for them either?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #88   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

As I said, the bug persists even if I use non-tactic-using rocketeers copied from the official level. And, no, there are no tactics attached to them.

I have them as legged character with unedited Rocketman.ep for puppet and unedited Rocketman.cb for behavior (just like on the official maps). Even tried re-downloading both the editor and SS3 *.gro files --- the bug is still there, but now it's also there on official maps as well... Oh well, it might be just an editor bug and not character-related, so in the game it will work normally. if not - I can just replace them with some other monster.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:52 AM   #89   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Not sure why this happened, but after I lowered the settings (the editor ran the tests on mediums, instead of lows that my PC can support), rocketeers began to work as they should. Well, mostly - their first shot still has its aim off, but after that everything is as it is supposed to be.

Also, Finzy, tried your map out... I think you can promote the first one into at least beta. The only problem that I noticed is that you have (TRANSERROR) at the beginning of the message about picking the mutilator up. I'm positive that you know how to fix this, though.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #90   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Is that new OBJ-importer broken or something? It gives me a lot of "Invalid vertex at line (some number here)" messages in log and imported mesh does not appear in the world editor, although I can see it's geometry in mesh editor.