Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > The Talos Principle

The Talos Principle The home of The Talos Principle: a new IP developed by Croteam.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #31  
The Purple Cat

Default Re: After Serious Sam 4 is out, should Croteam work on Sam 5 or Talos 2?

Yeah I am really looking forward to 4 and i hope they make it a 10/10 like Talos!
Old 04-02-2016, 06:11 PM   #32  
Witch Bride

dragon99919 is offline Steam ID: dragon99919 Send a message via Skype™ to dragon99919 Facebook: dragon99919 Youtube: dragon99919
Default Re: After Serious Sam 4 is out, should Croteam work on Sam 5 or Talos 2?

League of Sirians ofc.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #33  
Master of Kalamzoo

Captain_Russia is offline Youtube: IDGCaptainRussia

you know what I'd love to see, some kind of serious sam RTS
Old 04-20-2016, 09:13 PM   #34  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Scratch is offline PSN ID: NimbleCatt Steam ID: ansjh Twitter: ansjh Youtube: youMrAG LinkedIn: 77325926

I've attempted to make this once a few years ago.. maybe this could be done on SSBD?

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog - My outdated portfolio website - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 04-23-2016, 06:48 PM   #35  
Lava Golem

I wonder if anyone can say what made more money: SS:HD's (both), SS3 BFE or The Talos Principle?
Probably Talos.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:00 PM   #36  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Scratch is offline PSN ID: NimbleCatt Steam ID: ansjh Twitter: ansjh Youtube: youMrAG LinkedIn: 77325926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
I wonder if anyone can say what made more money: SS:HD's (both), SS3 BFE or The Talos Principle?
Probably Talos.
Talos 500k owners
Sam HD FE 600k owners
Sam HD SE 1.6m owners (not sure, because F2P)
Sam 3 1.2m owners

(from SteamSpy.com)

CodeCat, my blog - My outdated portfolio website - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 04-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #37  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

On the other hand, Talos probably made more street cred than probably any of the Sam games. Made CT more known.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:26 PM   #38  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

Yes, Talos proved to the general public that Croteam is more than just "those Serious Sam guys".
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 04-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #39  
Lava Golem

Wow, those are not bad numbers!
Come on, SS4 !!!!
Old 04-24-2016, 09:24 AM   #40  

AntonioR is offline Steam ID: AntonioR Facebook: AntonioR.Software Youtube: antoniorsoftware

Serious Sam games were on so many "90% off" sales and indie bundles, that I wouldn't be surprised if Talos actually made them more money.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:50 PM   #41  
Adventurer

魂クラッシャー

HD SE is really hard to judge because of the free MP goofup. But considering the genre I think the Talos figures are very good. I hope they come up with a new IP in the near future.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:18 PM   #42  
The Purple Cat

That's why they should make a Talos 2 after releasing SS4. I think that Talos is making Croteam more recognized as well and this will make the Serious Sam games even more popular as well hopefully..
Old 04-24-2016, 11:59 PM   #43  
Adventurer

魂クラッシャー

Well sure but I mean other than Talos.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:11 AM   #44  
Lava Golem

Oh man.
I hope SS4 will NOT have puzzles and hacking squeezed into it!
That would be SO bad, for me.
I actually probably wouldnt even buy it if they announced either was in the game.
Sigh.
I really hope not.

Well, if they could license Bioshocks hacking with the pipe flows, then I wouldnt mind. That was the only hacking/puzzle type that I actually enjoyed playing.
Every other game, and I mean EVERY other game that I played that had these, either stopped me from playing the game altogether, because I suck at them or because they were not fun at all.

I guess if there were an option to NOT have to play them if they are going to be in the game, then I would buy and play it. But, only if there was an options to turn them off, or 'skip' them somehow (Netricsa hacks for you?).
Old 04-25-2016, 01:12 AM   #45  
The Purple Cat

Ah i just got what you said now
Old 04-25-2016, 02:32 AM   #46  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

If there'll be hacking involved in SS4, I'm sure that it will mostly involve bodies of monsters.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:30 AM   #47  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Serious Sam involves a lot of math.

If Serious Sam has an XM214-A Minigun with an ammo capacity of 500 bullets, a firing rate of 1200 RPM and each bullet does 10 damage, how many Gnaars can Sam take out with full ammo?
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:21 AM   #48  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

A lot

Old 04-25-2016, 10:07 AM   #49  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Correct, good sir. You get an A!

Old 04-25-2016, 10:51 AM   #50  
Howdy.

Seriously! Beardmaster

NoMercy Rider is offline Gamertag: NoMercy Rider Steam ID: nomercyrider

A metric fuckton. Which is 43.769 times more than an imperial fuckton.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #51  

AntonioR is offline Steam ID: AntonioR Facebook: AntonioR.Software Youtube: antoniorsoftware

Croteam's next game should be Football Glory. Think about it, there are no fun football games that I can think of, it's either FIFA of PES, which are too complicated and serious sports games now. The closest thing is Rocket League, and look how popular that is. Maybe they missed their chance
Old 04-25-2016, 08:09 PM   #52  
Adventurer

魂クラッシャー

They should make an.... ultimate Frisbee game. And you use one of those special glove peripherals for throwing and catching while wearing a VR headset.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:51 AM   #53  
Wake Up

FreekNik is offline Steam ID: freeknik

SSR34 for VR is the way.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:25 AM   #54  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
They should make an.... ultimate Frisbee game. And you use one of those special glove peripherals for throwing and catching while wearing a VR headset.
But the Vive has those controllers..

For real though, it'd be cool if it was possible to have some kind of force feedback (not just rumble)

Old 04-26-2016, 04:30 AM   #55  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yeah, like if you'd hit your head with the frisbee in VR, the headset would give you an electric shock.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:18 AM   #56  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Well I mean more like as if something pushed you Like when you fire a gun or something

Old 04-26-2016, 07:51 AM   #57  
Adventurer

魂クラッシャー

Get a friend to shake you around when you get shot.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:46 PM   #58  
The Purple Cat

And bleed more
Old 09-23-2016, 05:02 AM   #59  
Werebull

Artificial is offline Steam ID: 76561198115919824

Third person game with a focus on melee weapons. NOT a Dark Souls rip-off. In fact, I'm DEFINITELY thinking much more Jedi Knight here. We need at least a spiritual successor to Jedi Knight since JK4 never happened and even if EA did announce that right this minute, they fucking would probably just balls it up like they've done for Battlefront. And even if they didn't, I don't want to give EA any money these days.

As to Talos Principle, I would... Really like a sequel but... I have NO idea how the hell they would do it. As someone else already said, they kind of wrapped it up pretty nicely already and I don't think they could really do anything more with it without it feeling rather contrived.

My Charizard was banned in the Geneva Conventions.

Last edited by Artificial; 09-23-2016 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:18 AM   #60  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Man I would love to see Croteam's take on a Dark Souls game, don't take it away from me.