Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2015, 04:47 PM   #91  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww Send a message via Skype™ to SLAwww
Default Re: Steam Public Beta Signup & Feedback

Sure, will do that in the next update.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #92  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAwww View Post
Sure, will do that in the next update.
Thanks
Old 10-09-2015, 05:07 PM   #93  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww Send a message via Skype™ to SLAwww

The very first version of OpenAL support is in public_beta branch for Second Encounter. Supported executables: SeriousSam and SeriousEditor. This version is still very buggy (yes I do know there're no sounds in menu, and the effects still don't work). With your help I'm sure we can locate and fix all problems. There are some new console variables, snd_iOpenAL enables OpenAL (obviously), and snd_iOpenALDevice selects a device. To see a list of available OpenAL devices you can type EnumerateOpenALDevices() in console. You can also switch to OpenAL in Sound options menu in game.

P.S. OpenAL is enabled by default, so you don't have to enable it manually after update.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:53 PM   #94  
Awww

OpenAL support was updated, although there are still many bugs that I'm trying to fix at the moment. I'd be grateful for any help with finding and listing those problems.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:13 AM   #95  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

Okay, the game just updated, and here are the things I noticed:

• Nothing besides OpenAL produces sound, is that right?
  • The audio buffer loops for a second or two when you stop the level, for example through quitting to menu, quitting the game, or stopping an editor simulation. It's annoying. Any way you can stop this?
  • The sound system seems to use audio positioning when you pick up items (armor, health, ammo etc), which should be central because it's a "player sound".
  • The music is incredibly soft since the update. I have both snd_fMusicVolume and snd_fSoundVolume at 1, yet the music sounds like it would normally sound at 0.6 or 0.7.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 10-13-2015, 06:16 AM   #96  
Awww

Those are known bugs, although item sounds are meant to be positioned right where items are. It's mere coincidence that in the original game it seems to be a player sound.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #97  
Awww

OpenAL support was updated with working sound effects (try them by setting the environment type in sector properties). Unfortunately all other sound options other than OpenAL do not work properly at the moment in public_beta, this will be fixed with the next update.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:32 PM   #98  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Oh cool, I always wanted to hear/use environment effects properly. This is awesome!
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #99  
Awww

There is a stability update for public_beta. Most non-gamebreaking bugs are still there but the crash when changing audio modes is hopefully fixed. Please let me know if there are any crashes left. In the meantime, I'll be dealing with smaller bugs.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:40 AM   #100  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

I have a feature request, but not for me. Fiendian doesn't have great eyesight unfortunately, and the default in-game text color is very hard for him to see. The text strings I mean are:

• "Analyzing..." when a NETRICSA message is added
  • "Analyze" prompts for MovingBrushes, when the Switch is set to a MessageHolder
  • "Use" from the Switch default message string (and custom strings set by user without the color code)

Would it be possible to have an option in the player menu to set a custom RGB value for this color instead of the default light blue/green? It's also really hard for him to see monsters sometimes because they don't contrast well with a darker environment. Would it be possible to also have a player option that makes monsters brighter (possibly depending on the brightness of the environment)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #101  
Awww

Okay, I'll see what can be done about that.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #102  
Awww

Done. Update to the latest public_beta, then type /gfx_bContrastMode=1 in the console. This works in both game and editor.
Also, Alt/Ctrl/Shift button combinations no longer make noises in SED, but normally I wouldn't do things like that because the inconvenience is arguable.

Last edited by SLAwww; 10-18-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:03 AM   #103  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

True, the annoyance factor is subjective, but the Windows ding sound should be reserved for warnings. The ding sound during stretch texture function isn't really a warning or anything, so it's redundant. Thanks anyway for fixing it.

As for the other fixes, /gfx_bContrastMode works like a charm, enemies turn a lot brighter with it. On-screen strings are also white now, but the strings scale a lot bigger now, this is me playing at 1920x1080:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31840/sf/2015-10/Ik3m1_shot0002.jpg

Anyway, I'll let Fiendian know the fix is up, I'm sure this will be much better suited to his limited eyesight.

Last edited by Discy; 10-19-2015 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #104  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Steam ID: BjossiAlfreds Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

HUD white text is definitely a vast improvement, and the text is huge, even by my standards.

I don't notice as big of an effect with enemy highlighting, though it definitely helps, I can see Kleers better in dark-ish areas, used to be the loud ninjas of the game for me before. I'd still recommend adding a little more intensity to the enemy highlighting if it's not too much trouble, maybe even making the numeric value of the command control it in some way.

But I'm fine with what we have now, if it'd be a lot of work. Thanks a bunch for writing this option!

Also, on an unrelated note, music playback is seriously messed up for me with the current beta. For a second at the start of playback it's like the first few milliseconds play in a quick loop, then once the music starts proper it only plays the first few seconds and then jumps to the beginning again. Then there seems to be an issue with music changers; the music changes fine (although it still only plays the first few seconds on the new track) but then the game sounds disappear shortly after the music has changed, no jump sound or footstep sounds, no gun firing sounds...

Last edited by Fiendian; 10-19-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #105  
Awww

Does that reproduce on all levels? Do you have the latest OpenAL installed?
Old 10-19-2015, 12:40 PM   #106  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Steam ID: BjossiAlfreds Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Fired up Sierra de Chiapas and the same happens there, a short burst of repeated loop at first, then the music starts playing and restarts abruptly every few seconds. It also happens with the Croteam theme at the logo cutscenes and the end credits.

As for OpenAL, I went to their website and seems the installer was made in 2009, over 2 years before I set up this installation of Windows. Am I looking in the wrong place?

EDIT: I'm just having the hardest time figuring out where OpenAL stands. Creative has version 1.1 on their website, people found version 2.1 in a driver package years ago, on my system openal32.dll reports version 6.14.357.25 built last year. Like, what the hell man...

EDIT 2: Set the audio output to DirectSound, not as fancy but it works flawlessly.

Last edited by Fiendian; 10-19-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #107  
Awww

I'm going to need your assistance with this one. First of all, the OpenAL version from the official website has to work just fine ( https://www.openal.org/downloads/ ). Second, I need you to update to the latest public_beta, switch to OpenAL mode, then launch any level. In case if you experience glitches, open console and type in the following:
/snd_iDecodeChunkSize=20000
Then restart the level. If that doesn't help, repeat the command with greater number (40000, 80000, whichever one works). If you manage to get rid of the glitch in that way, tell me about it.
The same applies to anyone who encounters the same glitch.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #108  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Updated to latest public_beta, still using openal32.dll v6.14.357.25 (I did try running the installer from that website but it didn't seem to do anything). wrap_oal.dll files say version 2.2.0.7.

I still encounter the same glitches. snd_iDecodeChunkSize is at 10240 at first. I set it to 20000 and I notice that the music playback length doubles before the abrupt restart, increase to 40000 and it doubles again, at 80000 the majority of the Sierra peace music manages to play before it restarts. It also seems like the chunk size value affects the speed of the loop anomaly that happens when music playback initially begins just after loading a level, however doesn't make that loop go away which would be the desired result.

It'd seem like the music playback is not reading the next chunk of the music file but instead starts from the beginning again. At least that's what the effect of the console command indicates.

Last edited by Fiendian; 10-19-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #109  
Awww

Okay, try updating the public_beta now and see if it works.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #110  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

The sound has stopped disappearing now, doesn't seem to have had any more effect, unfortunately, still has those startup loops and then only plays the the first xx seconds of the track.

Last edited by Fiendian; 10-19-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:08 AM   #111  
Awww

Can you send me your PersistentSymbols.ini? Maybe some of the properties are causing this.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #112  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Perhaps but I think it would be more useful if someone else with the same OAL installed would tell their experience.

But how would you prefer I send the ini over?

My audio drivers are quite old btw, dating back to 2010 according to dxdiag. Although I doubt updating them will fix the issue it's worth a shot, but it will have to wait until I can afford to risk screwing up my system's audio.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #113  
Awww

Just copy and paste your settings file here under the [code] tag, or send it to me via PM. It wouldn't help much if I knew that there are more people with this problem. I need to find the origin of that problem, not count people who have it. Even if you're the only one I'd still need to fix that.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #114  
>>M<<

King of the Cathedral

Mkbewe is offline Steam ID: SeriousMkbewe Send a message via Skype™ to Mkbewe Facebook: marek.szawara Twitter: MarekSzawara

If i may suggest you SLAwww, could you add new function in Serious Editor like deleting poligons? You already changed Editor 64 bits so adding this function will be accepted..
Old 10-20-2015, 04:56 PM   #115  
Awww

There is a "Delete polygon" command in "Polygon manipulations" submenu.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #116  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

I wish to repeat that it's not recommended to actually delete polygons, as this might ruin the frame rate of your level because it messes with visibility rendering if not done right.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #117  
Awww

It's okay to delete polygons of non-zoning brushes after you've completed all CSG operations on them.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #118  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Here's the PersistentSymbols.ini file. To make it fit in the 20k char limit here I just shortened every "persistent extern" to "pers ext", easily reversible with a replace all command.

Code:
// automatically saved persistent symbols:
pers ext user INDEX con_iLastLines=(INDEX)5;
tmp_af[0]=(FLOAT)0;
tmp_af[1]=(FLOAT)0;
tmp_af[2]=(FLOAT)0;
tmp_af[3]=(FLOAT)0;
tmp_af[4]=(FLOAT)0;
tmp_af[5]=(FLOAT)0;
tmp_af[6]=(FLOAT)0;
tmp_af[7]=(FLOAT)0;
tmp_af[8]=(FLOAT)0;
tmp_af[9]=(FLOAT)0;
tmp_ai[0]=(INDEX)0;
tmp_ai[1]=(INDEX)0;
tmp_ai[2]=(INDEX)0;
tmp_ai[3]=(INDEX)0;
tmp_ai[4]=(INDEX)0;
tmp_ai[5]=(INDEX)0;
tmp_ai[6]=(INDEX)0;
tmp_ai[7]=(INDEX)0;
tmp_ai[8]=(INDEX)0;
tmp_ai[9]=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX tmp_i=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT tmp_fAdd=(FLOAT)0;
pers ext user INDEX fil_bPreferZips=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_bUseCompiledVertexArrays=(INDEX)101;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_bExclusive=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_bAllowQuadArrays=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_iTextureCompressionType=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_iMaxBurstSize=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_bGrabDepthBuffer=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_iFinish=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_iTBufferEffect=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_iTBufferSamples=(INDEX)2;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_bTruformLinearNormals=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX ogl_bAlternateClipPlane=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX d3d_bUseHardwareTnL=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX d3d_iMaxBurstSize=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX d3d_iVertexBuffersSize=(INDEX)1024;
pers ext user INDEX d3d_iVertexRangeTreshold=(INDEX)99;
pers ext user INDEX d3d_bAlternateDepthReads=(INDEX)0;
pers ext INDEX d3d_bFastUpload=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX d3d_iFinish=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iUseTextureUnits=(INDEX)4;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iTextureFiltering=(INDEX)22;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iTextureAnisotropy=(INDEX)16;
pers ext user FLOAT gap_fTextureLODBias=(FLOAT)-0.33;
pers ext user INDEX gap_bAllowGrayTextures=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gap_bAllowSingleMipmap=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gap_bOptimizeStateChanges=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iOptimizeDepthReads=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iOptimizeClipping=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iSwapInterval=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iRefreshRate=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iDithering=(INDEX)2;
pers ext user INDEX gap_bForceTruform=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iTruformLevel=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iDepthBits=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gap_iStencilBits=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT mdl_fLODMul=(FLOAT)0.9;
pers ext user FLOAT mdl_fLODAdd=(FLOAT)-0.5;
pers ext user INDEX mdl_iLODDisappear=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX mdl_bRenderDetail=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX mdl_bRenderSpecular=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX mdl_bRenderReflection=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX mdl_bAllowOverbright=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX mdl_bFineQuality=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX mdl_iShadowQuality=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user FLOAT ska_fLODMul=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT ska_fLODAdd=(FLOAT)0;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_tmProbeDecay=(FLOAT)300;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_iProbeSize=(INDEX)1024;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_bClearScreen=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_bDisableMultiMonSupport=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_bDisableWindowsKeys=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_bDecoratedText=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX tex_iNormalQuality=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX tex_iAnimationQuality=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX tex_bFineEffect=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX tex_bFineFog=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX tex_iNormalSize=(INDEX)10;
pers ext user INDEX tex_iAnimationSize=(INDEX)7;
pers ext user INDEX tex_iEffectSize=(INDEX)8;
pers ext user INDEX tex_iFogSize=(INDEX)7;
pers ext user INDEX tex_bCompressAlphaChannel=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX tex_bAlternateCompression=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX tex_bDynamicMipmaps=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX tex_iDithering=(INDEX)3;
pers ext user INDEX tex_iFiltering=(INDEX)-2;
pers ext user INDEX tex_iEffectFiltering=(INDEX)4;
pers ext user INDEX tex_bProgressiveFilter=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX shd_iStaticSize=(INDEX)8;
pers ext user INDEX shd_iDynamicSize=(INDEX)8;
pers ext user INDEX shd_bFineQuality=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX shd_iAllowDynamic=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX shd_bDynamicMipmaps=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX shd_iFiltering=(INDEX)3;
pers ext user INDEX shd_iDithering=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user FLOAT shd_tmFlushDelay=(FLOAT)40;
pers ext user FLOAT shd_fCacheSize=(FLOAT)32;
pers ext user INDEX shd_bCacheAll=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX shd_bAllowFlats=(INDEX)1;
pers ext INDEX shd_iForceFlats=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_iLensFlareQuality=(INDEX)3;
pers ext user INDEX wld_bTextureLayers=(INDEX)111;
pers ext user INDEX wld_bRenderMirrors=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user FLOAT wld_fEdgeOffsetI=(FLOAT)0;
pers ext user FLOAT wld_fEdgeAdjustK=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user INDEX wld_iDetailRemovingBias=(INDEX)2;
pers ext user INDEX wed_bUseBaseForReplacement=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX tex_iHueShift=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT tex_fSaturation=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user INDEX shd_iHueShift=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT shd_fSaturation=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_iHueShift=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_fSaturation=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_fBrightness=(FLOAT)0.1;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_fContrast=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_fGamma=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_fBiasR=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_fBiasG=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_fBiasB=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_iLevels=(INDEX)256;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_iStereo=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_bStereoInvert=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_iStereoOffset=(INDEX)10;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_fStereoSeparation=(FLOAT)0.25;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fEarsDistance=(FLOAT)0.2;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fDelaySoundSpeed=(FLOAT)1e+010;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fDopplerSoundSpeed=(FLOAT)330;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fPanStrength=(FLOAT)0.1;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fLRFilter=(FLOAT)3;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fBFilter=(FLOAT)5;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fUFilter=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fDFilter=(FLOAT)3;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fSoundVolume=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fMusicVolume=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fNormalizer=(FLOAT)0.9;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_tmMixAhead=(FLOAT)0.2;
pers ext user INDEX snd_iInterface=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX snd_iDevice=(INDEX)-1;
pers ext user INDEX snd_iFormat=(INDEX)3;
pers ext user INDEX snd_iMaxExtraChannels=(INDEX)32;
pers ext user INDEX snd_iMaxOpenRetries=(INDEX)3;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_tmOpenFailDelay=(FLOAT)0.5;
pers ext user FLOAT snd_fEAXPanning=(FLOAT)0;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bPretouch=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user CTString cmd_cmdOnTick="";
pers ext user CTString cmd_cmdOnChat="";
pers ext user INDEX ent_bReportSpawnInWall=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT ser_tmSyncCheckFrequency=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user INDEX ser_iSyncCheckBuffer=(INDEX)60;
pers ext user INDEX cli_bLerpActions=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX cli_bReportPredicted=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX net_iExactTimer=(INDEX)2;
pers ext user CTString net_strLocalHost="";
pers ext user CTString net_strLocationCode="";
pers ext user INDEX ser_iExtensiveSyncCheck=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX net_bLookupHostNames=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX net_iCompression=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX net_bReportPackets=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX net_iMaxSendRetries=(INDEX)10;
pers ext user FLOAT net_fSendRetryWait=(FLOAT)0.5;
pers ext user INDEX net_bReportTraffic=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX net_bReportICMPErrors=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX net_bReportMiscErrors=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX net_bLerping=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX ser_bClientsMayPause=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX ser_bEnumeration=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX ser_bHeartbeatGameSpy=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user FLOAT ser_tmKeepAlive=(FLOAT)0.1;
pers ext user FLOAT ser_tmPingUpdate=(FLOAT)3;
pers ext user INDEX ser_bWaitFirstPlayer=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX ser_iMaxAllowedBPS=(INDEX)8000;
pers ext user CTString ser_strIPMask="";
pers ext user CTString ser_strNameMask="";
pers ext user INDEX ser_bInverseBanning=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user CTString ser_strMOTD="";
pers ext user INDEX cli_bAutoAdjustSettings=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT cli_tmAutoAdjustThreshold=(FLOAT)2;
pers ext user INDEX cli_bPrediction=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX cli_iMaxPredictionSteps=(INDEX)10;
pers ext user INDEX cli_bPredictIfServer=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX cli_bPredictLocalPlayers=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX cli_bPredictRemotePlayers=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT cli_fPredictEntitiesRange=(FLOAT)20;
pers ext user FLOAT cli_fPredictionFilter=(FLOAT)0.5;
pers ext user INDEX cli_iSendBehind=(INDEX)3;
pers ext user INDEX cli_iPredictionFlushing=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX cli_iBufferActions=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX cli_iMaxBPS=(INDEX)4000;
pers ext user INDEX cli_iMinBPS=(INDEX)100;
pers ext user INDEX net_iGraphBuffer=(INDEX)100;
pers ext user INDEX gam_iPrecachePolicy=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX inp_iKeyboardReadingMethod=(INDEX)2;
pers ext user INDEX inp_bAllowMouseAcceleration=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user FLOAT inp_fMouseSensitivity=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user INDEX inp_bMousePrecision=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT inp_fMousePrecisionFactor=(FLOAT)4;
pers ext user FLOAT inp_fMousePrecisionThreshold=(FLOAT)10;
pers ext user FLOAT inp_fMousePrecisionTimeout=(FLOAT)0.25;
pers ext user INDEX inp_bInvertMouse=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX inp_bFilterMouse=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX inp_bAllowPrescan=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX inp_i2ndMousePort=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX inp_bInvert2ndMouse=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX inp_bFilter2ndMouse=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT inp_f2ndMouseSensitivity=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user INDEX inp_b2ndMousePrecision=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT inp_f2ndMousePrecisionFactor=(FLOAT)4;
pers ext user FLOAT inp_f2ndMousePrecisionThreshold=(FLOAT)10;
pers ext user FLOAT inp_f2ndMousePrecisionTimeout=(FLOAT)0.25;
pers ext user INDEX inp_bMsgDebugger=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX inp_iMButton4Up=(INDEX)131072;
pers ext user INDEX inp_iMButton4Dn=(INDEX)131136;
pers ext user INDEX inp_iMButton5Up=(INDEX)65536;
pers ext user INDEX inp_iMButton5Dn=(INDEX)65568;
pers ext user INDEX inp_ctJoysticksAllowed=(INDEX)8;
pers ext user INDEX inp_bForceJoystickPolling=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX inp_bAutoDisableJoysticks=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT ctl_tmComputerDoubleClick=(FLOAT)0.5;
pers ext user FLOAT ctl_fButtonRotationSpeedH=(FLOAT)300;
pers ext user FLOAT ctl_fButtonRotationSpeedP=(FLOAT)150;
pers ext user FLOAT ctl_fButtonRotationSpeedB=(FLOAT)150;
pers ext user FLOAT ctl_fAxisStrafingModifier=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT cli_fPredictPlayersRange=(FLOAT)0;
pers ext user FLOAT cli_fPredictItemsRange=(FLOAT)3;
pers ext user FLOAT cli_tmPredictFoe=(FLOAT)10;
pers ext user FLOAT cli_tmPredictAlly=(FLOAT)10;
pers ext user FLOAT cli_tmPredictEnemy=(FLOAT)10;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bShowLatency=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX hud_iShowPlayers=(INDEX)-1;
pers ext user INDEX hud_iSortPlayers=(INDEX)-1;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bShowWeapon=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bShowMessages=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user FLOAT hud_fScaling=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT hud_fOpacity=(FLOAT)0.9;
pers ext user FLOAT hud_tmWeaponsOnScreen=(FLOAT)3;
pers ext user FLOAT hud_tmLatencySnapshot=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT plr_fBreathingStrength=(FLOAT)0;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bShowMatchInfo=(INDEX)1;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[0]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[1]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[2]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[3]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[4]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[5]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[6]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[7]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[8]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[9]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[10]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[11]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[12]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[13]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[14]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[15]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilSpeed[16]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[0]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[1]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[2]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[3]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[4]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[5]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[6]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[7]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[8]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[9]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[10]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[11]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[12]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[13]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[14]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[15]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilLimit[16]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[0]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[1]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[2]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[3]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[4]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[5]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[6]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[7]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[8]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[9]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[10]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[11]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[12]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[13]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[14]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[15]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampUp[16]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[0]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[1]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[2]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[3]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[4]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[5]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[6]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[7]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[8]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[9]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[10]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[11]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[12]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[13]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[14]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[15]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilDampDn[16]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[0]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[1]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[2]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[3]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[4]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[5]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[6]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[7]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[8]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[9]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[10]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[11]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[12]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[13]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[14]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[15]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilOffset[16]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[0]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[1]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[2]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[3]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[4]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[5]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[6]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[7]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[8]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[9]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[10]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[11]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[12]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[13]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[14]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[15]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorP[16]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[0]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[1]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[2]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[3]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[4]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[5]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[6]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[7]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[8]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[9]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[10]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[11]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[12]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[13]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[14]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[15]=(FLOAT)0;
wpn_fRecoilFactorZ[16]=(FLOAT)0;
pers ext user FLOAT plr_fFOV=(FLOAT)90;
pers ext user FLOAT plr_fFrontClipDistance=(FLOAT)0.25;
pers ext user INDEX plr_bRenderPicked=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX plr_bRenderPickedParticles=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX plr_bOnlySam=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX ent_bReportBrokenChains=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT ent_tmMentalIn=(FLOAT)0.5;
pers ext user FLOAT ent_tmMentalOut=(FLOAT)0.75;
pers ext user FLOAT ent_tmMentalFade=(FLOAT)0.5;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_fEnvParticlesDensity=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT gfx_fEnvParticlesRange=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bCrosshairFixed=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bCrosshairColoring=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user FLOAT hud_fCrosshairScale=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT hud_fCrosshairRatio=(FLOAT)0.5;
pers ext user FLOAT hud_fCrosshairOpacity=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bShowPlayerName=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bShowCoords=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT plr_tmSnoopingTime=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT plr_tmSnoopingDelay=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user FLOAT inp_fIFeelGain=(FLOAT)1;
pers ext user CTString net_strMasterServer="";
pers ext user INDEX snd_iOpenALDevice=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX snd_iOpenAL=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX snd_iDecodeChunkSize=(INDEX)80000;
pers ext user INDEX gfx_bContrastMode=(INDEX)1;
pers ext INDEX sam_bFullScreen=(INDEX)1;
pers ext INDEX sam_iScreenSizeI=(INDEX)1920;
pers ext INDEX sam_iScreenSizeJ=(INDEX)1080;
pers ext INDEX sam_iDisplayDepth=(INDEX)0;
pers ext INDEX sam_iDisplayAdapter=(INDEX)0;
pers ext INDEX sam_iGfxAPI=(INDEX)0;
pers ext INDEX sam_bFirstStarted=(INDEX)0;
pers ext INDEX sam_bAutoAdjustAudio=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX sam_bWideScreen=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT sam_fPlayerOffset=(FLOAT)0;
pers ext user INDEX sam_bAutoPlayDemos=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX sam_iMaxFPSActive=(INDEX)500;
pers ext user INDEX sam_iMaxFPSInactive=(INDEX)10;
pers ext user INDEX sam_bPauseOnMinimize=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user FLOAT sam_tmDisplayModeReport=(FLOAT)5;
pers ext user CTString sam_strNetworkSettings="";
pers ext user CTString sam_strIntroLevel="Levels\\LevelsMP\\Intro.wld";
pers ext user CTString sam_strGameName="serioussamse";
pers ext INDEX sam_bShowAllLevels=(INDEX)0;
pers ext INDEX sam_bMentalActivated=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX sam_iVideoSetup=(INDEX)3;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bShowTime=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bShowClock=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX dem_iProfileRate=(INDEX)5;
pers ext user INDEX hud_bShowNetGraph=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT gam_fManaTransferFactor=(FLOAT)0.5;
pers ext user FLOAT gam_fExtraEnemyStrength=(FLOAT)0;
pers ext user FLOAT gam_fExtraEnemyStrengthPerPlayer=(FLOAT)0;
pers ext user INDEX gam_iInitialMana=(INDEX)100;
pers ext user INDEX gam_iScoreLimit=(INDEX)100000;
pers ext user INDEX gam_iFragLimit=(INDEX)20;
pers ext user INDEX gam_iTimeLimit=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gam_ctMaxPlayers=(INDEX)8;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bWaitAllPlayers=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bFriendlyFire=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bPlayEntireGame=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bWeaponsStay=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bAmmoStays=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bHealthArmorStays=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bAllowHealth=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bAllowArmor=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bInfiniteAmmo=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bRespawnInPlace=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gam_iCredits=(INDEX)-1;
pers ext user FLOAT gam_tmSpawnInvulnerability=(FLOAT)3;
pers ext user INDEX gam_iBlood=(INDEX)2;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bGibs=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gam_bUseExtraEnemies=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gam_iStartDifficulty=(INDEX)1;
pers ext user INDEX gam_iStartMode=(INDEX)-1;
pers ext user CTString gam_strGameSpyExtras="";
pers ext user CTString gam_strCustomLevel="Levels\\LevelsMP\\1_1_Palenque.wld";
pers ext user CTString gam_strSessionName="Unnamed session";
pers ext user CTString gam_strJoinAddress="serveraddress";
pers ext user INDEX gam_bEnableAdvancedObserving=(INDEX)0;
pers ext user FLOAT con_fHeightFactor=(FLOAT)0.5;
pers ext user FLOAT con_tmLastLines=(FLOAT)5;
pers ext CTString sam_strLastRenderer="ATI Radeon";
pers ext INDEX sam_iLastSetup=(INDEX)3;
Old 10-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #119  
Awww

The public_beta is updated. See if it solves your problem. If it does, revert the snd_iDecodeChunkSize to its original value (10240) because too large value can cause lags.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:35 PM   #120  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

It fixed all the sound problems I was having, music plays normally now, from start to end, and no playback stutters or artefacts present any more. I reverted the variable value back to 10240, things still seem to work fine after that.

I did run into an unrelated(?) bug. When I was in-game I went to the audio options to change the music volume. I moved it from 20% to 30%, I could hear the volume changing in real-time in the background, but when I pressed the Apply button the music playback stopped completely. I had to press Stop game and reload the savegame to make it come back.