Seriously!
Get Your Official Serious Sam T-Shirts! (Women's Shirts)
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam 2 > Serious Sam 2 Workshop

Serious Sam 2 Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 2 projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 09-24-2006, 08:01 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Updating Fool

Talking InSamnity! 2 / Parse Error 2 is now ready for your playing pleasure.

Here it is everyone, the first Mod for Serious Sam 2:

http://www.danceswithkleer.com/temp/IS2_Logo_Forums.gif
The most insane mod of all time!

Parse Error is back and the Insanity has begun...

If anyone has played Parse Error for Serious Sam 'The First Encounter' or 'The Second Encounter', then you have an idea what the mod is all about, for those who don't here's a few highlights:

- Ability to dual wield weapons.
- Ability to adjust weapons speeds and damages in the game options.
- Ability to turn off player self damage, and an option to adjust how much damage is done to the player.
- New player options like, Prefers 3rd Person view, new crosshair selection, color and size.
- Respawning in Place.
- Respawn invulnerablity option.
- Infinite Lives.
- Ability to give all weapons each level.
- Voting now works to advance levels.
- Rocket Jumping can be enabled and works even when the player can't damage themselves.
- Ability to disable the serious bomb, if not the ammo is limited. Also no more white flashes.
- Tons new multiplayer characters created from NPC's and Enemies in the game, and the 2 other XBox skins for Serious Sammy, and introducing the Mia XBox model. Created by myself, Ryason55, Deepblue, and Disconnector.
- An Overall Enemy Multiplier and an Enemy Per Player Mulitiplier.
- Insane spawning speeds.
- Random enemies options.
- Enemy and player radar.
- And more...

You can get it here:

InSamnity! 2 Installer

The mod's ReadMe:

InSamnity! 2 ReadMe.txt

NOTE: The 2.070 patch must be installed for the mod to work.

If you have any problems or suggestions, please let me know.
Enjoy!

DwK/Dk

Last edited by D w K; 05-08-2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Non Beta Redo
Old 09-24-2006, 08:08 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
ZEN
roll'n ana stroll'n

Default Re: InSamnity! 2 / Parse Error 2 is now ready for your playing pleasure.

Dont forget to link to gametracker bud ya can get more interest in your mod.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:36 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Default Re: InSamnity! 2 / Parse Error 2 is now ready for your playing pleasure.

There is a server running at Target Practice - Insamnity 2 now.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:25 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Deepblue is offline Steam ID: Deepblue_Seriously

Thank you!
Don't have time to try it now but will try it later and provide feedback

Edit: Just checked the menu while I had time. Where's the singleplayer? I enjoyed playing PE on my own and I don't want to have to start LAN games just to play on my own

Last edited by Deepblue; 09-25-2006 at 02:57 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:14 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Updating Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
Thank you!
Don't have time to try it now but will try it later and provide feedback

Edit: Just checked the menu while I had time. Where's the singleplayer? I enjoyed playing PE on my own and I don't want to have to start LAN games just to play on my own
I'm working on Single Player. It doesn't work the way I want it to yet, but that will be taken care of in future versions.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:11 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
TwL
Gone Again

OK, so how do I get back to the normal version of SS2?

Some suggestions/problems:
- Display a line saying that someone is killed by an enemy when in coop. I love to read them
- Why don't players die when the time is up? (in race maps)
- The bar above (for talking and saying that people has joined the game) takes too long to disappear.
- More later...
Old 09-25-2006, 06:37 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
PASGETTI!

D w K, that is awesome! I made a few screens from Coast 2 Cost and am going to pester NMR to put them as POTD.

The demos don't seem to be working properly, the first one says there's a version mismatch (even though I'm the server), and the 2nd and 3rd give me an error and kick me out of the game. If I remember anythign else, I'll let you know.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:18 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Nice! But I'm still waiting until someone explains how to revert back to the normal version of SS2 in case something goes wrong...I just don't want any mod messing up my game

Good work anyways, this will surely attract more players to play SS2 online again I look forward to playing the whole SS2 campaign again in both SP and coop!

Millions of times thank you for making this great mod.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:38 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Pony Fanatic

ChJees is offline Send a message via MSN to ChJees Send a message via Skype™ to ChJees

Woo! A mod to play with when i come home!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:58 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
PASGETTI!

Guys, when you run the mod launcher it let's you choose between SS 2 and InSamnity! 2. Also, be sure to update (12 megs).
Old 09-25-2006, 08:37 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

GeForceNoob is offline Send a message via MSN to GeForceNoob

Nice mod!
altough my game crashes when I try to change map + 3rd person view isn't working...

Last edited by GeForceNoob; 09-25-2006 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:47 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
TwL
Gone Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimli View Post
Guys, when you run the mod launcher it let's you choose between SS 2 and InSamnity! 2. Also, be sure to update (12 megs).
Then congrats to me. Something when wrong then and I couldn't play SS2 now

EDIT : OK, fixed, but that's mean that I cannot play the normal SS2 anymore. Something isn't working.

Last edited by TwL; 09-25-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Morkze is offline Send a message via MSN to Morkze

Great! This mod makes me want to play SS2 online and rocket jumping, I can't wait! I'll test this mod when I have time.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:07 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl View Post
Then congrats to me. Something when wrong then and I couldn't play SS2 now

EDIT : OK, fixed, but that's mean that I cannot play the normal SS2 anymore. Something isn't working.
Huh? Gimli just then told you what to do. Just start up Through the link in the mod folder and then choose the normal game
Old 09-25-2006, 02:05 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

The launcher is not (always) correctly switching back and forth between Insamnity2 and SS2

Until it's fixed, you can restore the default Serious Sam 2 game by renaming these 5 files so that they don't come into play -

In the main program directory (Program Files\Serious Sam 2\):

InSamnity2.gro
InSamnity2Players.gro
z_InSamnity2Effects.gro
ReplaceHistory.txt

In the Content sub-directory (Program Files\Serious Sam 2\Content\):

DefaultMod.txt

I suggest re-naming the *.gro files with a *.zip extension, and the *.txt files as *.bak. That way, you will know what they are.

The demos that you see from the main Insamnity2 Menu are the demos that came with the original game (or ones that you created), and they will NOT work in Insamnity2. They will most likely crash the game.

New demos can be created in Insamnity2, and work fine.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Serious Xmas 2009!!

Wytas is offline Send a message via MSN to Wytas Send a message via Skype™ to Wytas

AWESOME!!! But how did you make it without SDK?
Cool!! Can you make "disable barriers" option in next version??????????

New projects!
• A sequel to one of my maps o_O
• Serious Sam crazy!™
Old 09-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytas View Post
Can you make "disable barriers" option in next version??????????
Just rocket jump over the barriers - if you fall off the map, you die and re-spawn.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Pony Fanatic

ChJees is offline Send a message via MSN to ChJees Send a message via Skype™ to ChJees

How the F*** can i revert back to the Original Serious Sam 2!? That little launcher of yours does not do it's job!

The launcher does not simply work as intended, you would better fix this.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Updating Fool

Sorry Guys, I forgot to include the file that let's the launcher know what to rename I woke up today and that was the first thought I had, 'Oh, chit, I forgot to include the RenameFilesList.txt for the Launcher!".

I'm really sorry for any inconvience this may have caused. I've uploaded the fixed Launcher zip. I've also added a check for the existence of that file. Now if it's missing, it will create a new one with the current list of files to be renamed. This was included just in case I ever have to include more files with the mod updates.

What the launcher does is relatively simple, if you launch Serious Sam 2, it will check and rename all of the game breaking mod files. Gro to Zip, and txt to bak. Then when you launch the mod it does the opposite check and rename, zip to gro, and bak to txt.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:41 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman-- Send a message via Skype™ to --Fragman--

Well, what makes you think he doesn't have the SDK?
I told you CT does not release it to public, instead you should ask for it and let them decide if they give it to you.

--------------------------
My Page!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Pony Fanatic

Nevermind i fixed it myself after an 30 minutes of struggling of finding and moving the mod files.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:53 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
ZEN
roll'n ana stroll'n

Great work DW as always, yeah its a little buggy but what aint these days.
I'll be checking in for updates, but in the mean time I'd like to link this to the gametracker with a beta warning ... with your permission of course.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:03 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Updating Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl
OK, so how do I get back to the normal version of SS2?

Some suggestions/problems:
- Display a line saying that someone is killed by an enemy when in coop. I love to read them
- Why don't players die when the time is up? (in race maps)
- The bar above (for talking and saying that people has joined the game) takes too long to disappear.
- More later...
1. I may do this, I'll include this on my list of things to do and hope I have time.
2. Not sure about this one, you should die. This may be a problem with allowing cheats to cross levels. I'm starting to think this was a bad idea...
3. I upped the default amount of time the chat line history stays up, this is easily changed by using the command 'ccn_fLineLifeTime' and setting it lower than 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimli
The demos don't seem to be working properly, the first one says there's a version mismatch (even though I'm the server), and the 2nd and 3rd give me an error and kick me out of the game. If I remember anythign else, I'll let you know.
The demos probably will not work properly. I haven't tested them, but the changes in the game dll are pretty large and I can't see them still being compatible. This is something I need to take care of in future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeForceNoob
Nice mod!
altough my game crashes when I try to change map + 3rd person view isn't working...
Thanks

This is something I haven't seen before, could you PM me your Sam2.log file after this happens?
EDIT: Also, you should probably reset your video settings, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytas
AWESOME!!! But how did you make it without SDK?
Cool!! Can you make "disable barriers" option in next version??????????
1. The mod was made using the SDK.
2. This is something that can't be done everywhere, but I will try to disable as many as possible in future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN
Great work DW as always, yeah its a little buggy but what aint these days.
I'll be checking in for updates, but in the mean time I'd like to link this to the gametracker with a beta warning ... with your permission of course.
Thanks and sure ZEN, but I'm not sure what you mean by GameTracker.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChJees
Nevermind i fixed it myself after an 30 minutes of struggling of finding and moving the mod files.
I'm really sorry about that, it was a last minute change that got by me.

The link to the Launcher has been updated. It should work properly now.

InSamnity 2 Mod Launcher/Installer/Updater App

Last edited by D w K; 09-25-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:08 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Sounds interesting but will wait til its complete before playing it.
BTW can you use the new characters in regular SS2?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:47 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

I <3 you, DwK.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 09-25-2006, 09:41 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Howdy.

Seriously! Beardmaster

NoMercy Rider is offline Gamertag: NoMercy Rider Steam ID: nomercyrider

Sounds like a blast! I'll definitely have to try it out soon. I've always been a fan of Parse Error and it looks like this mod will deliver the same results.

Oh, and BTW, I put up a new POTD of the mod that gimli sent me and bugged me to no end to upload . Though I would've preferred a screenshot that showed off the dual-wielding weapons and new characters, but I guess we can save that for the final release.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:36 AM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
PASGETTI!

Or you guys can get to IRC a little earlier so we can play it in co-op.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:35 AM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

I'd love to play a game right now, problem is that I'm never on when everyone else is

Ok I joined a random game but wth? Crosshair textures are missing, my whole computer freezes when I try to go into 3rd person (Despite having the prefer option select)

Seriously DwK, I like your mods but if you want to release something please fix bugs before you do

Last edited by Deepblue; 09-26-2006 at 04:44 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:52 AM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
ZEN
roll'n ana stroll'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
I'd love to play a game right now, problem is that I'm never on when everyone else is

Ok I joined a random game but wth? Crosshair textures are missing, my whole computer freezes when I try to go into 3rd person (Despite having the prefer option select)

Seriously DwK, I like your mods but if you want to release something please fix bugs before you do
Ill take some of that fault. We as a rule already know its beta and I should have said something when I saw it.
But for the record he did add a beta warning and thanks for bringing it up so it can be straitened out for the newbs.
N00b!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:05 AM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

I'm a N00b because this mod freezes my whole computer when trying to join a game? Wow thanks