Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam General

Serious Sam General This is the place to discuss anything that either spans multiple games or doesn't fit with one specific game!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 06:17 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

majan_pl is offline Steam ID: majan_pl Youtube: seriousOmajan
Exclamation Fixes/Small Features Requests - Serious Sam Fusion Feedback

As you already know we gonna get a free update for all post HD SS games.

In this thread you can point out the little things that in your opinion Croteam got wrong and could fix in the Serious Sam Fusion update. Do not suggest new big features but features/fixes that seems to not require extensive work. You can also tier your suggestions to point out what annoys you the most. Here is my list:

Most important for me:

Zoom adjustment
Allow to adjust the zoom in the sniper rifle/devastator with scroll wheel. Something that was present in Classic and something that is super handy, please bring it back!

Option to unlock all of the levels without cheats
With so many versions of SS (classic/nonsteam classic/Xbox/HD/Revolution plus now Fusion and for some lucky few VR) it is hard to keep all of the versions fully finished. This problem is especially annoying when you have multiple accounts. Please give us an option that would allow us to unlock all of the levels in the single player without using the cheats. It could be behind an additional warning so it would protect the freshmen from doing that by accident. Maybe it could require an answer to the question that only people who have beaten the game would know. And I wouldn't mind that option in SS3. It still would be helpful for people who have lost their accounts or for those who have multiple accounts.

Hit indicators options
When we get hit the screen changes colors and blurs out. When we get hit multiple times this effect is very distracting. I would love to turn off those effects. In SS3 however we also have direct hit indicator which shows us from where we took a hit. Please bring that attack indicator to TFE and TSE. It gives us info about what is happening.
http://i.imgur.com/DGTEWXJ.jpg

Blood effects
Sometimes when we kill enemies which were close to us the screen is covered in blood. I would love an option that would allow me to turn off screen blood effects.

Field of view zoom bug
Higher field of view changes the zoom on the sniper rifle.

Bring back "Flip weapon"
Something that was in the Classics. When we click it we would change to the other weapon from the same slot. So for example if I'm holding the Rocket Launcher it goes to the Grenade Launcher and so on. Give this option back (you do not have to bind it by default).

Custom Hud color option.
There is a lot of workshop items that only change the HUD color. It seems like something that could be easily added in the options menu. Also for SS3 please give the option to turn on the background to the HUD so it is more visible and more similar to HD HUD. Allow different hud colors for different players in split screen.

Respawning in single player - more options in custom difficulty
I remember using split screen in classics only to play alone with infinite respawns. Allow us to enable respawn in single player with custom number of respawns (even infinite for casual play). I would love the option to play with coins from the coin coop in single player. Those options could be also implemented in survival gamemode for casual play (no score recorded of course or maybe different ladder?).

Option to turn off visual effects of power ups
Serious Damage will have your screen on fire and the Serious Speed will increase you FOV. Can we have an option to turn off these effects?

Free camera view
When we are dead (in coop for example) the only way we can view the rest of the players is by using their point of view or set cameras around the map. Can we have the direct control over the camera view? Viewing the carnage from the perspective of flying ghost would be amazing and could enable cool videos.

You probably fixed this already:

Fix for "Toggle last weapon"
In HD you cannot use "Toggle last weapon" (Q by default) to swap between single shotgun and grenade launcher. And it is so because to equip them you have to click the weapon slot key twice. Give it a delay so "the last weapon used" have to be fully equipped. It is fixed in SS3 and I think that this update will fix it automatically but I'm writing it just to be sure.

Slippery movement
This is my number one issue with the new engine. Kleers when using jumping attack can sometimes hit walls/pillars and slide/fly in different direction which makes them less predictable and harder to avoid. Also when we are on the elevator the camera is funky. When we go up we are smaller, when wo go down we are bigger. Update page mentions fixes for movement so I hope this is fixed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCsxGqEi6eE
YouTube Video: sliding for the player

YouTube Video: sliding enemies

Mirrored text on some weapon textures
From what I know you had to update some models for the VR versions and I have also noticed that weapons can get bloody even in TFEVR. So I guess you have already noticed and fixed this.
http://i.imgur.com/pQVOhHZ.png

This would be totally sweet but seems harder to implement:

Being able to use cosmetic mods and earn achievements
Sometimes I like to use some skins (like this) but then you cannot earn achievements.

Weapon slot switching
Allow us to customize weapon slots. So we can change where we put RL revolvers etc. Some people are too used to Classic weapon positioning and that would help them.

Netricsa in the menu
Put the info about enemies directly to the main menu (could be in extras). I would love to be able to see what enemies does without starting the level. Additionally Netricsa could be updated with the exact info about enemy HP and DMG of every attack. More accurate info about weapons would be welcome as well (how much dmg one shot deals, DPS, how much ammo it can have etc.) HD Netricsa doesn't have info about one enemy!

Climbing enemies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrH2usW81Rc
YouTube Video: Climbing enemies

Small fixes

Sinking corpses, underwater bloodstains
When you kill electrofishes underwater they sink instead of floating (they did float in Classics). Also you can make blood stains on the walls of the water reservoir.

Random player model by default
New players often do not bother to change their player models. And when you play coop with them, all you see is Serious Sam. You got some nice players models and it's a shame people do not use them. This could fix that.

Last edited by majan_pl; 03-01-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

PikaCommando is online now Steam ID: PikaCommando
Default Re: Fixes/Small Features Requests - Serious Sam Fusion Feedback

So THAT's what Flip Weapon does? Holy shit!

Also, how about a mod selection menu like in SS1/SS2? So I can enable/disable mods at will and not have to unsubscribe to them.

I don't know any bugs, but if it's possible, they need to stop using SSXBOX model/texture for SSHD's double barrel shotgun. The difference in comparison to the other weapons is pretty jarring to me.

Plus if they're gonna let us make custom weapons at last, might as well give us more unused assets to work with, eh?
Old 02-17-2017, 10:13 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaCommando View Post
Also, how about a mod selection menu like in SS1/SS2? So I can enable/disable mods at will and not have to unsubscribe to them.
You can check and uncheck mods in the extras>workshop packages. However you need to restart the game each time you do that.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

Wait, enemy climbing was in the Making Of documentary? I don't remember that. It looks awesome, Croteam has to implement that in a Sam game!
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 02-18-2017, 06:46 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Serious Sam(BG) is offline Send a message via Skype™ to Serious Sam(BG)

So I've watched an article, posted on 7Smoke's facebook, where the dude behind the mic said actually Serious Sam HD FE/SE and Serious Sam 3 will be run under the new engine. Is this true or I got it wrong?
Old 02-18-2017, 07:05 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

Yep pretty big deal http://www.croteam.com/serious-wednesday-update/

There is thread about it on S! but I'm surprised nothing is on the frontpage.

TheLADman made vid about it but some info is speculative:
YouTube Video: SERIOUS SAM 4 NEWS & UPCOMING NEW CROTEAM'S SAM GAME

Last edited by majan_pl; 02-18-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

Dual wield won't be possible outside of the VR games tho. Also, there's a hard limit of 25 weapons and ammo per level (player? Still needs testing), due to network sync limitations. But the video above is mostly correct.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Dual wield won't be possible outside of the VR games tho. Also, there's a hard limit of 25 weapons and ammo per level (player? Still needs testing), due to network sync limitations. But the video above is mostly correct.
What?! So there will be possibility to add up to 25 weapons? But what about weapons hud? It can't be the same as in Hd and Sam 3, because it lacks place for additional weapons.

Last edited by Serious_Stone; 02-18-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

My internal reaction when I saw that there won't be dual wielding in Serious Fusion 2017.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:32 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious_Stone View Post
What?! So there will be possibility to add up to 25 weapons? But what about weapons hud? It can't be the same as in Hd and Sam 3, because it lacks place for additional weapons.
The weapon HUD now auto extends itself. When you have one weapon in one category, there's only a single line. If two, two lines. Then three, then four, then five. It can actually go way beyond that, but after five slots, you have no more space on your screen.

Basically something like this (this is from a very old internal build from almost 2 years ago): https://i.imgur.com/thofflz.jpg

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.

Last edited by Solais; 02-18-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Serious Sam(BG) is offline Send a message via Skype™ to Serious Sam(BG)

Instead of FE/SE why they just don't mix it all together in one, whole game (with all the DLC's) and stop talking about FE & SE? Simply call it "Serious Sam HD", calculate new price and put it on Steam. For those who own all the games - as free update. The only problem is these players who own one of the games or does not have the DLC...
Old 02-19-2017, 03:33 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

I forgot about one request: option to turn off visual effects of power ups.

And free camera view while dead.

Last edited by majan_pl; 02-19-2017 at 03:48 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:16 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

I'm guessing weapon animations will or won't be improved in SF 2017.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:38 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Those are about all the options, yeah.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:31 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Nevermore2790 is offline Youtube: Nevermore2790

What about those Dual Colts? I'm hopefully sure 100% they're still in.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

I added suggestion about floating fishes corpses and removal of bloodstains in water.

And I have added the vid which shows off the slippery movement of the enemies.
YouTube Video: sliding enemies

Last edited by majan_pl; 02-20-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

I have a very important suggestion. Let us export animations to .aaf (and basically a whole shitload of other import/export options for other formats, including other CT formats) for god's sake, goddamnit! The Lightwave plugin no longer works on modern Lightwave, old Lightwaves are no longer obtainable, and that Blender plugin is less stable than US politics right now. Do something, please!
Old 02-21-2017, 01:46 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Warmonger is offline Steam ID: HedgeMaster Send a message via ICQ to Warmonger

Ooh, sounds promising. The most important thing is to keep SS fan scene alive.

BTW, I was hoping to play something in 4K soon... with updated engine it won't be neccessary, though, and it probably won't be even possible on highest settings. Mixed feelings
Old 02-22-2017, 12:14 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Nevermore2790 is offline Youtube: Nevermore2790

Hopefully, sound effects can now be used on moving models like the Spaceship from the Great Pyramid like in the Classics. I think the sound in vanilla HD stayed on where it is, and did not followed the Spaceship.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:35 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

added new requests:
Quote:
Hit indicators options
When we get hit the screen changes colors and blurs out. When we get hit multiple times this effect is very distracting. I would love to turn off those effects. In SS3 however we also have direct hit indicator which shows us from where we took a hit. Please bring that attack indicator to TFE and TSE. It gives us info about what is happening.
http://i.imgur.com/DGTEWXJ.jpg

Blood effects
Sometimes when we kill enemies which were close to us the screen is covered in blood. I would love an option that would allow me to turn off screen blood effects.

Field of view zoom bug
Higher field of view changes the zoom on the sniper rifle.

Last edited by majan_pl; 02-26-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:27 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

Double post!
Quote:
Option to unlock all of the levels without cheats
With so many versions of SS (classic/nonsteam classic/Xbox/HD/Revolution plus now Fusion and for some lucky few VR) it is hard to keep all of the versions fully finished. This problem is especially annoying when you have multiple accounts. Please give us an option that would allow us to unlock all of the levels in the single player without using the cheats. It could be behind an additional warning so it would protect the freshmen from doing that by accident. Maybe it could require an answer to the question that only people who have beaten the game would know. And I wouldn't mind that option in SS3. It still would be helpful for people who have lost their accounts or for those who have multiple accounts.

Last edited by majan_pl; 02-28-2017 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:33 AM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

How about adding the "please x" cheats again?
Old 02-28-2017, 09:21 AM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by majan_pl View Post
Double post!
Croteam thought about that. You can enable cheats, unlock all the levels, select the level you want to play, and if you disable the cheats again in the difficulty selection menu you won't be penalized. Not sure which versions of Sam still support this, but I think remember doing this in one of the HD games.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:03 AM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Croteam thought about that. You can enable cheats, unlock all the levels, select the level you want to play, and if you disable the cheats again in the difficulty selection menu you won't be penalized. Not sure which versions of Sam still support this, but I think remember doing this in one of the HD games.
I remember using cheats just for unlocking levels but if I'm not wrong you have to do it each time.

If that is the case this would be huge quality of life fix. Now I mostly make my own private server just to skip that and have respawning instead of save loading.

edit
new additions to the OP:
Quote:
Mirrored text on some weapon textures
From what I know you had to update some models for the VR versions and I have also noticed that weapons can get bloody even in TFEVR. So I guess you have already noticed and fixed this.
http://i.imgur.com/pQVOhHZ.png

Random player model by default
New players often do not bother to change their player models. And when you play coop with them, all you see is Serious Sam. You got some nice players models and it's a shame people do not use them. This could fix that.

Last edited by majan_pl; 03-01-2017 at 09:34 AM.