Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww Send a message via Skype™ to SLAwww
Default Serious Sam Origins

A game that should have been released back in the year 2000. The first, the one and only Serious Sam game, as it was planned. It is finally going to make its way to players and fans, late but not too late. Serious Sam Origins contains a finished story of Sam Stone; a story that was meant to be his only true one, but got separated into First Encounter, Second Encounter, Serious Sam 2, Serious Sam 3 and the yet to be released Serious Sam 4. In Origins, you will travel through distant times and planets, utilizing extraordinary weapons and meeting legendary foes. And finally, you are going to find out how Sam's story might have ended.

http://i.imgur.com/sZhO5AXl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nWQAwkEs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/1lJybiZs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/N9ZslNKs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/TUa8DOUs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/jbZK8pEs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/2pUUuODs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/exRaG7Zs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/m9X9CJ4l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bpq1EUwl.jpg

So, what is Serious Sam Origins?
  • It is a free modification for classic Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. It's being developed by a team of people from serioussite.ru.
  • This modification is based upon an actual pre-release version of the game kindly provided by Roman Ribarić.
  • It contains a singleplayer campaign that is 46 levels long and includes three episodes (Egypt, Planetoids and Sirius).
  • In this modification you will use original weapons from old version of the game, fight enemies in their original forms and gain information using Y-Knot, the predecessor to Netricsa.
  • Origins also contains deathmatch maps from pre-release version of the game, and will most likely support cooperative multiplayer.
  • It even has some extra content dating back to In The Flesh ages, like enemies you may encounter on secret levels.
  • Together with modification you will also get an original design document for the first Serious Sam game, as we were allowed to share it with fans upon the release.
  • You will fight Mental. This time for real, and for good.

Our dedicated team is working on finalizing the levels, merging them into a fully-fledged campaign and fixing problems that are in those old resources. At the moment, the porting part of our job is already completely finished, with all present levels working fine in SS:TSE v.1.07. Our planned release date is the end of 2013 or the beginning of 2014.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Thekazuya005 is offline Gamertag: Thekazuya005 PSN ID: Thekazuya005 Steam ID: Thekazuya005 Send a message via Skype™ to Thekazuya005 Twitter: KittyWizard   Youtube: thekazuya005
Default Re: Serious Sam Origins

can i join your team?

EDIT: is the grenade launcher real?

Last edited by Thekazuya005; 10-12-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Pan is offline Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

Whew, this looks like a good time for sure. Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Steam ID: Valerie-Valens Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens Twitter: LadyFuzztail   Youtube: JoanMichele

Looking pretty interesting, the music for the trailer is nice, who's the artist?
Old 10-13-2013, 03:47 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

Kazuya: Both the Grenade Launcher and the Lasergun is real, it was in the alpha.

So, finally we see this project. Pretty good, you really have managed to fix up all the levels and problems. Looking forward to it.

Before someone brings up the thing in that Revolution newsthread:

Serious Sam Revolution and Serious Sam Origins are brother projects. Incidentally, they are also like the Protoss and the Zerg from Starcraft. They were both commissioned by Croteam CEO Roman Ribaric, in hope that in the end, we will merge the two projects and work together, finally reuniting the Russian community with the rest of the world.

The wrong cog in his machine was me, because as soon as I got permission to reveal the alpha content, I posted the news about it, before he could contact the Origins team about the same thing. This resulted in that little fight in the thread. Though Roman still says that it's also his fault that he never mentioned the other project to each of the teams.

However, after a long night of discussion, we have reached a solution: While Origins will be released sooner than Revolution, there will be also a version on Steam, standalone and bundled with Revolution. How that version will differ from the original is yet undecided, but we will announce this whole thing officially as soon as everything is decided.

This post is just by me to inform this community that there are no problems, no illegal leaks or anything here, this is a proper, Croteam backed project (though I guess Roman's post was a lot more convincing). Stay tuned for official announcements about all this as soon as it develops, later.

On the other hand, I'm curious about the music as well, since our Alpha resources got none originally.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.

Last edited by Solais; 10-13-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Thekazuya005 is offline Gamertag: Thekazuya005 PSN ID: Thekazuya005 Steam ID: Thekazuya005 Send a message via Skype™ to Thekazuya005 Twitter: KittyWizard   Youtube: thekazuya005

if you read on the russian site they told that the music is by croteam.

EDIT: wait this is a officional croteam approved project? but what about mental i thought they want him to be unseen... do you guys even have the mental model?

Last edited by Thekazuya005; 10-13-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually I checked, but can't see it. On the other hand, I can't read Russian.

Also, I'm pretty sure Mental looks different now as it looked in the Alpha, so it can be said to be not the "real Mental". It is also not an official game, it's just a mod which was made with the support of Croteam.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Actually I checked, but can't see it. On the other hand, I can't read Russian.

Also, I'm pretty sure Mental looks different now as it looked in the Alpha, so it can be said to be not the "real Mental". It is also not an official game, it's just a mod which was made with the support of Croteam.
Like SS HD ne... also dont worry i know how mental looked aswell
but we never saw the knife, cannon and laser gun
Old 10-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Wake Up

FreekNik is offline Steam ID: freeknik

Let me clarify some things to make it more informative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I'm curious about the music as well, since our Alpha resources got none originally.
Yes, there's no music in alpha, so we've decided to restore it by our team. Necessary style of soundtrack was mentioned in the official design-document, and since it follows the spirit of the music from TFE/TSE Calssic, we'll use some tracks from these games, but we'll also add some additional tracks, which will fit the gameplay and follow the style mentioned in d-doc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
but we never saw the knife, cannon and laser gun
You'll see all of them in Origins since these weapons were represented in the original Alpha.

Last edited by FreekNik; 10-13-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

is there goin to be a demo of origins released?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

awesome!! cant wait for it
Old 10-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Impressive!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

God Of Gaming is offline Steam ID: godofgamingbg Send a message via Skype™ to God Of Gaming Youtube: GodOfGamingBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
is there goin to be a demo of origins released?
There is a demo, and it was released 14 years ago - Test 1
Old 10-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww Send a message via Skype™ to SLAwww

It is not likely for any kind of demo to be released, we would rather release a complete mod right away.
Mental is being recreated in accordance to the original design document created by Croteam. His model is not the only thing we had to recreate from available data; for example, the Sirius Sky City map could not be located anywhere, so we recreated it.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Scratch is offline PSN ID: NimbleCatt Steam ID: ansjh Twitter: ansjh   Youtube: youMrAG   LinkedIn: 77325926

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAwww View Post
Mental is being recreated in accordance to the original design document created by Croteam.
Oh dear... Oh dear god... Having read that thing last year, I wish you best of luck with that. *prepares a bucket of popcorn*

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 10-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

xbryan2000x is offline Gamertag: xBRYAN2000x Steam ID: TrymorX Send a message via MSN to xbryan2000x Send a message via Skype™ to xbryan2000x Facebook: bryan.spurlock.00   Twitter: @BryanJa66024782

Hi, SS Origins Developers

When will you release a Test/Alpha/Beta Build of the Mod for Testing and stuff?
It would be cool to test it too?

- Bryan J
Old 10-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

dragon99919 is offline Steam ID: dragon99919 Send a message via Skype™ to dragon99919 Facebook: dragon99919   Youtube: dragon99919

That project looks really interesting!
Counting to see how it turns out! I always wanted to play these levels!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Andromeda

Seriously! Sam Master

Rakanishu is offline Steam ID: rkinf

Damnit, that's gonna be awesome. I'm following this carefully.

Procyon, alive... and still shining.
Check STM 1.08B for SSSE by Troy and Zeo.
French mapper and modder since 2010.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Devostator is offline Gamertag: Florian324 PSN ID: Devostator501 Steam ID: devostator Raptr ID: devostator1 Facebook: florian.schneider.81   Youtube: Devostatorable

2014 will be really the year of Serious sam, Serious sam Origins, Serious sam Revolution, Serious Sam HD: Next Encounter and Serious Sam 4, can't wait for it :3
Old 10-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Possibly the full version of Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter Extended, too.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
>>M<<

King of the Cathedral

Mkbewe is offline Steam ID: SeriousMkbewe Send a message via Skype™ to Mkbewe Facebook: marek.szawara   Twitter: MarekSzawara

So who is making SS Origins? Croteam?
Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Scratch is offline PSN ID: NimbleCatt Steam ID: ansjh Twitter: ansjh   Youtube: youMrAG   LinkedIn: 77325926

Serioussite.ru is making Origins.

CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 10-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Me? Serious? How?

Lavama is offline PSN ID: Lavama- Steam ID: Lavama

SS Origins is a mod being developed by a group of people from SeriousSite.ru, right?

DAMNED FURRIES! RAAAAAAAGE

What Angelo said.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

KingaAss(Goran Cro) is offline Gamertag: om1rk0 Steam ID: sirnoobs21 Raptr ID: sirnoobs21

I dont want to sound rude but i think i saw a problem with double barrel shotgun when i was watching the video.The part where barrels go out its kinda brown instead of gray if you look at the part when his switching from shotgun to ghostbuster you can see the tex problem on the shotgun.If you find some pictures online and you check the shotgun in the video you will know what im talking about.Just pointing out a glitch.This is a great project.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

JuCstin is offline Gamertag: JuCstinXb PSN ID: JuCstin Steam ID: JuCstin Send a message via Skype™ to JuCstin Facebook: /myupdatesaccount   Twitter: https://twitter.com/   Youtube: /user/JuCstin

http://s22.postimg.org/s0vt5pz2n/comparision.png
Some viewmodel work should be fixed.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

PikaCommando is offline Steam ID: PikaCommando

Hey dude, I have some questions for ya:

1. Will there be (not hidden) papyrus indicating the presence of a secret level?
2. Are the secret levels from In The Flesh, designed-to-be-secret levels maps from the original build or custom maps?
3. Can we get a screenshot of Y-Knot?
4. Will Sam talk?
Old 10-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
(⌐■_■)

Why SS:TSE 1.07v?
I have an 1.05v...so i can`t play those maps?
Old 10-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaCommando View Post
1. Will there be (not hidden) papyrus indicating the presence of a secret level?
2. Are the secret levels from In The Flesh, designed-to-be-secret levels maps from the original build or custom maps?
3. Can we get a screenshot of Y-Knot?
4. Will Sam talk?
1. Maybe.
2. They are from the original pre-release build, but are finalized by our team. For one of those levels we had to build about 90% of its content from scratch.
3. Yes, you'll see it next time when we upload a portion of materials related to the mod. Despite Y-Knot being ready on code side, we are still working on texts for it.
4. Yes. In Russian. If we don't find anyone willing to help us with voice acting.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

4. You could always ask booger (the original serious sam voice),though it might not be free...
still,making it only russian seems like a very very bad idea.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

That's The Russian Way™