Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > The Talos Principle

The Talos Principle The home of The Talos Principle: a new IP developed by Croteam.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default What do you think happened?

Well, as the thread title says, what do you think happened to the human race?

Clearly there was a cataclysmic event of some kind that killed of all of humanity at the same time or in a very short time period - judging by the journals we get to read.

However, the event and its coming was clearly known ahead of time and seemingly the time at which it would occur pretty accurately as well. After all the EL project was created on that very sentiment and given what appears to be a large amount of resources in order to "preserve" humanity - even if only in AI form.

So what event could have occurred and how long before did they know it was coming? And why does it seem like the EL project was a final desperate means of preserving humanity, as if all attempts of avoiding the event were proved futile?
Old 01-08-2015, 05:36 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei
Default Re: What do you think happened?

Actually, all these questions are answered in the terminals, if you research a little. You want me to tell you?

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Really? I don't recall reading what the event was.

The time frame of the EL project can be pieced together from the various emails and stuff, but that wasn't really the time frame I was asking about.

But sure, fill me in on what I missed.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

The event itself is subtly referenced (or can be deducted) from a single article, regarding orangutans. When they learned that "the end is here", they started the project. Many things, like EL and such was actually developed before they knew about the event, but when they learned of it, they used it for the simulation.

From the dates and such, it can be also deducted that the event happened almost instantly, humanity only really learned about it after the fact, and that caused people to die out, though some survived for longer than others. It can be also deducted that building the whole simulation and end of the world scenario after the event took place most likely in a single year or so.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:24 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Hmm...I better go read up on those orangutans then.

OT:
Kind of sad that we're the only ones discussing the content of the game in this subforum, ain't it? yes, there's the guide threads and the map threads, but other than those, the only thing that's really been discussed after the release of the game is the sound track.

I was hoping there would be some more discussion of the topics of the game and the game itself.
/OT
Old 01-10-2015, 11:34 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Howdy.

Seriously! Beardmaster

NoMercy Rider is offline Gamertag: NoMercy Rider Steam ID: nomercyrider

Yeah, I am not too surprised though. This is mostly a Serious Sam forum, and I wasn't expecting Talos to bring any new people to the forum. Only if S! worked really hard to rope in the new fanbase. But Steam forums has pretty much dominated the realm of game-specific discussions. If you head over there you will find the Talos Steam forums are very active.

It probably doesn't help that a large majority of forum regulars were beta testers and had talked about the game extensively in private before the game released
Old 01-11-2015, 06:02 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

It also doesn't help that for more than half a year, registering to this forum was broken.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:42 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Devostator is offline Gamertag: Florian324 PSN ID: Devostator501 Steam ID: devostator Raptr ID: devostator1 Facebook: florian.schneider.81 Youtube: Devostatorable

I really think with the release of Serious Sam 4 we should be advertised some more, surely that way people will come here more often
Old 01-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Forever Fancy

For game-specific discussions the Steam forums work really, really well. So I just spend time on there. They're not so good for say... franchise discussions. That's where a dedicated forum works better.