Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #31   Add To Ignore List  
teitai

魂クラッシャー

Default Re: Steam Public Beta Signup & Feedback

Add to the dedicated server as well.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:36 AM   #32   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww Send a message via Skype™ to SLAwww

Done. If no new bugs are found, I'm going to switch the public_beta content to the main branch tomorrow. There is still a problem with HUD in 16:9, which I'm going to fix later.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #33   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is online now Steam ID: joey42

MusicChangers don't entirely fade out the MusicHolder's music. You can still hear the original music playing (softly) behind the new music, and even if you trigger a MusicChanger with light music (I tried with event and continuous), you still hear the first music softly behind the second set of music.

Edit: Okay, now I can't repro it anymore. I've tried different event types, different music files and different volumes, but now it works fine again. This is weird.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)

Last edited by Discy; 09-13-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #34   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww Send a message via Skype™ to SLAwww

Especially considering that I didn't touch MusicHolder nor anything in EntitiesMP at all yet.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:16 AM   #35   Add To Ignore List  
Wake Up

FreekNik is offline Steam ID: freeknik

Is it me or brushes acting strange in fog/haze now? They're kinda flickering when you move. It happens only in DirectX rendering mode. I've checked the old version (non-Steam) and didn't notice this problem.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:24 AM   #36   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

dragon99919 is offline Steam ID: dragon99919 Send a message via Skype™ to dragon99919 Facebook: dragon99919 Youtube: dragon99919

I must admit, I'm really glad someone took over updates for FE and SE!
Bug fixes improving mods that only work for these games are just great!
Thanks for your work SLAwww, it is really appreciated!

Last edited by dragon99919; 09-13-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:40 PM   #37   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Direct3D errors are hard to spot. Some players stumble upon them, but they rarely reproduce. I'm unable to see anything unusual with D3D on my machine.
Meanwhile, 1.05 widescreen is on the way. Kind of.
http://i.imgur.com/VkaUkStl.jpg

Edit: Okay, I added a public_beta_fe branch for FE. The funny bug from the screenshot is not there of course, although I've found another one in SE. It's weird that nobody noticed an incorrect FOV in 4:3 mode.

Last edited by SLAwww; 09-13-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:56 PM   #38   Add To Ignore List  
Zeo
Kleer

Zeo is offline Send a message via Skype™ to Zeo

Hey, I wanted to play a deathmatch session for the first time since a week now, joined with updated beta and noticed a new bug (can't know when exactly it appeared): using 3rd person view + 16:9 1920x1080 resolution, when I stand close to the wall of my back (when 3rd person changes back to 1st), the fov is also changing and it irritates so hard

It feels like the fow is still "old" with 3rd person but it changes back to "wide" with 1st.

See the difference:

https://pp.vk.me/c622716/v622716779/442fb/fTqy_aLz7lA.jpg

https://pp.vk.me/c622716/v622716779/44305/fFAhQmbqxlQ.jpg

Last edited by Zeo; 09-13-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #39   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

T1000 is offline Steam ID: Channhul Facebook: chanpraney.nhul Twitter: channhul Youtube: theT1thousand

First of all: Count me in.

Second of all: I seem to be experiencing an issue with certain custom sounds not playing when playing certain custom map packs. If there's anything I can do about said issue, please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by T1000; 09-13-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:59 PM   #40   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Can you check if the same sounds play well using SeriousSamGamespy.exe? If yes, please let me know which maps have this bug and where exactly does it happen, so I may see it myself.
And it seems like I was too optimistic the last time I said the widescreen fix will go public on Monday.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:31 PM   #41   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

T1000 is offline Steam ID: Channhul Facebook: chanpraney.nhul Twitter: channhul Youtube: theT1thousand

Ok. Here are the maps with the said issues:

Canyon Run: I don't hear the "WindHowling" effect in the beginning nor the "SamHell" effect when I approach the arena almost in the end.

Marsh Wastes: I don't hear the following sound effects: the "Night" effect in the beginning, the "Cavedrippingthunder" effect when I enter the cave ruins, the "Lava" effect when I approach the area with the invisible path, & the "Night" effect again when I near the end of the mappack.

Framewarp: I don't hear the "forager2" effect when I start the mappack, the "z1" effect when I jump in the giant pool with the reeban electro fishes and approach Asarim, nor the "framewarp_fg" when I escape the very last room followed by the "spacecraft1" effect followed by the "Boom with Aftershock" effect just as the mappack ends.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #42   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

dragon99919 is offline Steam ID: dragon99919 Send a message via Skype™ to dragon99919 Facebook: dragon99919 Youtube: dragon99919

I have a small request!

If we have Steam options to run editors from Steam library too, why not having SeriousSamGamespy like an option too? Somewhat like moddable version in SSHD or BFE, you click on it while launching.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #43   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

T1000, I tested all the maps that you specified, and all the sounds work fine for me. Are you sure that when you run SeriousSamGamespy.exe those sounds are working? Do you have amp11lib.dll in your Bin folder?
dragon99919, there's no "moddable" and "non-moddable" version, both versions can run mods. The purpose of leaving an old executable intact was bug tracking. If something works in SeriousSamGamespy, but doesn't work in the updated SeriousSam, then it's a bug.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #44   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAwww View Post
dragon99919, there's no "moddable" and "non-moddable" version, both versions can run mods. The purpose of leaving an old executable intact was bug tracking. If something works in SeriousSamGamespy, but doesn't work in the updated SeriousSam, then it's a bug.
I know that there are none moddable/non-moddable versions, I just thought that GameSpy version might be somehow needed, that's why I said there could be option working like these SSHD/SS3 versions. But kay, if that's an obsolete file, that's not needed then.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:15 PM   #45   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Both First Encounter and Second Encounter public betas are updated.
There's a fix for a bug that Zeo mentioned. But please report if you find anything unusual.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #46   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

What about the polygon clipping if you use high FOV?
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:28 PM   #47   Add To Ignore List  
Zeo
Kleer

Zeo is offline Send a message via Skype™ to Zeo

Yeah, 3rd person view is fixed and looks how it meant to be. Thanks !
Old 09-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #48   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Quote:
T1000, I tested all the maps that you specified, and all the sounds work fine for me. Are you sure that when you run SeriousSamGamespy.exe those sounds are working? Do you have amp11lib.dll in your Bin folder?
Yes, I ran both SeriousSamGamespy.exe & SSTFE steam version[public_beta]. Alas, I still hear no custom sounds on either version. No, I searched for amp11lib.dll in my Bin folder, but it's not there.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:03 AM   #49   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
What about the polygon clipping if you use high FOV?
This is quite logical actually. If your screen plane is large enough, it is going to cross some polygons. I'm going to try moving the clip plane back, or maybe moving the viewpoint back when a FOV value is high, but I can't guarantee it will work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1000
I still hear no custom sounds on either version
So this is the case. If something doesn't work in both versions, then it probably was broken before. Some user-made maps (such as Framewarp) use mp3-encoded sounds, amp11lib.dll is required to play them. You can copy it to your Bin folder from any other Serious Sam installation that has that DLL, then the sounds should work. But I'm going to ask Croteam if I can add the DLL to the Steam version of Serious Sam, because too many maps use mp3.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:07 AM   #50   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
This is quite logical actually. If your screen plane is large enough, it is going to cross some polygons. I'm going to try moving the clip plane back, or maybe moving the viewpoint back when a FOV value is high, but I can't guarantee it will work.
Yeah, that's actually a fair point.

So is the aim of you maintaining the code base for Steam to make the game working as well as possible or do you have to maintain backwards compatibility with non-Steam release as well?

I'm just asking because if you have to keep it backwards compatible, you can't really fix the laser bug, right?

Old 09-16-2015, 06:51 AM   #51   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
So is the aim of you maintaining the code base for Steam to make the game working as well as possible or do you have to maintain backwards compatibility with non-Steam release as well?
Both. Because of backward compatibility, I can't change Engine.dll. And there's no point in changing Entities/Game DLLs because the change will not affect mods. Obviously it results in a spectacular kludge.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #52   Add To Ignore List  
teitai

魂クラッシャー

Somehow it doesn't seem like it would work with all mods.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:44 PM   #53   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

It's a shame the weapons bug can't be fixed, it's really annoying to have one of your most powerful weapons unavailable because it suddenly fires at half speed for no real reason.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:50 PM   #54   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

I didn't say it can't be fixed. I said I can't change EntitiesMP, but that doesn't necessary stop me.
LD, try some more for yourself. Widescreen fix should work in all of them.

Edit: Also, I updated SE public_beta with a tweak that might solve the problem with polygons clipping at higher FOV, but it might cause other problems. This requires testing.

Last edited by SLAwww; 09-16-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #55   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

The polygon clipping is fixed, but the complete depth rendering seems to be fucked up. See screenshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31840/sf/2015-09/1_3_Teotihuacan_shot0002.jpg

Old 09-16-2015, 04:15 PM   #56   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Yikes. How did I miss that?
Okay, I'll dig into it once more.

Edit: No wait. I swear it works fine for me. That's weird.

Last edited by SLAwww; 09-16-2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #57   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Quote:
So this is the case. If something doesn't work in both versions, then it probably was broken before. Some user-made maps (such as Framewarp) use mp3-encoded sounds, amp11lib.dll is required to play them. You can copy it to your Bin folder from any other Serious Sam installation that has that DLL, then the sounds should work. But I'm going to ask Croteam if I can add the DLL to the Steam version of Serious Sam, because too many maps use mp3.
SLAwww, I copied amp11lib.dll just like you said; but from the SS2 Bin folder to the SS:TFE Bin folder, played the said mappacks, and finally heard the custom sounds that I've never heard before.
Thank you so much, SLAwww! I will let u know if I experience any other issues in the future.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:56 PM   #58   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Yikes. How did I miss that?
Okay, I'll dig into it once more.

Edit: No wait. I swear it works fine for me. That's weird.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I use AMD. Let's see what other people find.

Also, have anything I should troubleshoot for you to find the cause?

Old 09-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #59   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

I did find that people who use AMD (me included) seem to have the polygon error as well, this new error might be related to that, as it seems like a "boosted" version of that error.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:17 PM   #60   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

http://i.imgur.com/622Ode9.jpg

I specifically went on the map and looked for the error, I have no errors.

Video - HD7xxxx (AMD)