Seriously!
Get Your Official Serious Sam T-Shirts! (Women's Shirts)
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled

StealthToast is offline Youtube: DoomKnightTGS
Default Karnak and Luxor missing kills - where?

Just wanted to ask, where are the "broken" enemies in Karnak and Luxor? Since I've heard Luxor on Serious has a broken spawn too, but the kill is obtainable, and an enemy gets stuck in Karnak.

So, anyone knows where exactly are these 2 spawns?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Andromeda

Seriously! Sam Master

Rakanishu is offline Steam ID: rkinf
Default Re: Karnak and Luxor missing kills - where?

I've heard that for Metropolis too.

Procyon, alive... and still shining.
Check STM 1.08B for SSSE by Troy and Zeo.
French mapper and modder since 2010.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled

I think you have to walk past some touch fields there again to reactivate them, and spawn some enemies...but what about Karnak and Luxor?
Old 08-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

[ULX]Stickly Man! is offline Steam ID: Stickly_Man Youtube: RoyalPhysique09

Metropolis is fine, mostly you just have to make sure you walk just about everywhere in the town area.

Luxor, the kill is obtainable but is extremely difficult (especially if you don't use quicksaves). There used to be a thread with a demo, but it may have been lost. You have to rocket/grenade jump on top of the room where you start, then you have to shoot a well-aimed cannonball off in one of the spawning rooms in the distance.

As for Karnak, there is a green reptiloid that is supposed to spawn in the first side yard (in the corner by the +50 hp and minigun ammo.. at least I think that's what's there.) It's the corner that doesn't have the cannon ammo or the +10 hp that spawns green bombers around you. But the kill is never ever triggered as far as I can tell, so there's no way to get it.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled

Hey, thanks, helped a lot! Though, sorry to bumb this, but, does the City of the Gods have any bugged kills too? I see no one has all 100% kills.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

Well there's a way to find out which enemies spawn or not, but only in the editor. What you have to do is first go to the Simulation sidepanel and configure the simulations to be the same as the difficulty you play your game as. Then load an official level (it can be done, and you can test it as well) then you can turn on Debug mode (Alt+Shift+7). You need to check Debugging allowed and Put variables names in 3D view. Then turn on Debug categories: Spawners to spawn.

The game now will show spawner ID with number of templates to spawn on spawners that were not triggered yet while testing the level.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Karnak 1 missing in serious level 1126 / 1127 I tried for about over 15 times I give up..I want for Perfect Kill achievement so I went easy one...

Metropolis need re-visit especially in dry pool thru the ramp and round 2-3 times in that area...
Old 10-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknighttgs View Post
Hey, thanks, helped a lot! Though, sorry to bumb this, but, does the City of the Gods have any bugged kills too? I see no one has all 100% kills.
There are some maps in TSE with broken spawns. City of God is actually doable. In the magma room you have to let Bio Mechs alive before you jump on the moving plattform and additional enemys will spawn. And yea dont forget a marsh hopper in bouncy room!
Old 03-07-2017, 04:55 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

I'm wondering where I can miss enemies in Karnak (not the bugged one that no one gets). I've watched videos and I think I'm doing everything pretty much the same way. I'm not even cheesing the last two arenas by rocket jumping on walls anymore. I have ended up with 1115/1127, 1117/1127 and once I managed 1125/1127 so still missing 1. I know about letting the last bull wave crush through the door to get the lava golems.

Where else can I miss enemies? In the last fight, do I have to leave biomechs alive so more bulls spawn or something like that? Do I actually have to pick up a health/armor item somewhere rather than just walking over it? (I'm playing on serious x76 btw, and I'm playing the map in the 2nd Encounter game) Any help/tips would be highly appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Serious Sam(BG) is offline Send a message via Skype™ to Serious Sam(BG)

Have in mind that some items is not enough just to touch them. You must pick them in order to trigger event.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:08 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam(BG) View Post
Have in mind that some items is not enough just to touch them. You must pick them in order to trigger event.
I know that, but there don't seem to be any like that in Karnak. I picked literally everything up now and did not get extra spawns from picking up the few armor/health pickups there are on x76 as opposed to just walking over them.

To check where I may be losing kills, I have 635/1127 now before starting the "frog arena" battle near the end. 843 after frogs, 903 after Kamikazes, 934 after Kleers, 951 before starting end battle. Then I died this time, lol. But anyway, am I missing kills in the 1st part of the map or at the end?

Edit: I replayed the level. Same enemy count until the start of the end battle. I highly suspect I'm missing kills in the end battle. Are there some hidden mechanics, like don't-kill-A-before-B or something? (I had 1066 before the bull/biomech wave, and I left one biomech alive until all bulls were gone -- 1120/1127 at the end, argh!)

Edit: Replayed again. This time 636 before frog arena (so 1 more than before doing everything the exact same way) and 1068 before the bull/biomech wave (2 more than last time) -- I'm beginning to suspect it's Harpies that get stuck out of bounds or something like that...

Last edited by rubregg; 03-08-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:47 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

If you are sure you got everything before the last room boss battle the solution is wait to kill of the harpies until you cleared out every single invisible gnar. These stop spawning once every harpy is killed i believe.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:00 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmieblack View Post
If you are sure you got everything before the last room boss battle the solution is wait to kill of the harpies until you cleared out every single invisible gnar. These stop spawning once every harpy is killed i believe.
Thank you, I will try that out.

Edit:
Cool, that really must have been it. This time I got the 1126 kills first try. Again, thank you very much for your help.

Last edited by rubregg; 04-08-2017 at 09:52 AM.