Seriously!
Get Your Official Serious Sam T-Shirts! (Men's Shirts)
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #151   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Default Re: Scrapped Serious Sam stuff and beta info

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
yes the beta colt i never told it was real beta stuff you got me wron
You should've said so at the start of this discussion. People would've been a lot nicer to you about your project if you weren't so dead-set on convincing people it was the real thing. Just say "here's some cool remakes I made. They aren't the original textures, but I did try to emulate them as best I could. What do you guys think?".
Old 09-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #152   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Thekazuya005 is offline Gamertag: Thekazuya005 PSN ID: Thekazuya005 Steam ID: Thekazuya005 Send a message via Skype™ to Thekazuya005 Twitter: KittyWizard Youtube: thekazuya005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadala View Post
You should've said so at the start of this discussion. People would've been a lot nicer to you about your project if you weren't so dead-set on convincing people it was the real thing. Just say "here's some cool remakes I made. They aren't the original textures, but I did try to emulate them".
ok i am going to be nicer (the glove was real,maybe so it was supposed to look in the build before test 1 release?) and do you know any helpfull modelers?
Old 09-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #153   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
ok i am going to be nicer (the glove was real,maybe so it was supposed to look in the build before test 1 release?) and do you know any helpfull modelers?
Not at the moment. Sorry.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #154   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Thekazuya005 is offline Gamertag: Thekazuya005 PSN ID: Thekazuya005 Steam ID: Thekazuya005 Send a message via Skype™ to Thekazuya005 Twitter: KittyWizard Youtube: thekazuya005

Quote:
Not at the moment. Sorry.
oh but can anyone on this disscusion help i mean we don't have many to do, just very simplified models what about alexej sergov?
Old 09-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #155   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

Alexej is busy with Next Encounter HD.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #156   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Alexej is busy with Next Encounter HD.
oh, btw when is it comming?? (i mean the ss hd ne) and solais can you do 1 map i think you are a great mapper!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #157   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

God Of Gaming is offline Steam ID: godofgamingbg Send a message via Skype™ to God Of Gaming Youtube: GodOfGamingBG

Modeling is really not that hard. Trying to model a good looking human is pretty hard, yeah, but weapons and low poly monsters are easy. Just get a 3d modelling software and look for some tutorials. I'd suggest the tutorials in the RATSGAME channel in youtube, their 3d artist is very talented and explains stuff very well.

Ah, and please use the edit button.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #158   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Next Encounter HD is scheduled for release this Fall.

Also, no, I only map for SSHD and SS3. I consider SS1 obsolete as SSHD has everything and more.

GoG: Modeling is only easy when it is low poly. I could make lowpoly stuff as well, but SSHD/SS3 quality models? Never.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #159   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfGaming View Post
Modeling is really not that hard. Trying to model a good looking human is pretty hard, yeah, but weapons and low poly monsters are easy. Just get a 3d modelling software and look for some tutorials. I'd suggest the tutorials in the RATSGAME channel in youtube, their 3d artist is very talented and explains stuff very well.

Ah, and please use the edit button.
oh i dont need such kind of things we need just few realy easy things like the stick (detonator) from pipebomb, a liddle fix on flamer's pipe and a very minor rocketlauncher (i have even a picture of wire model) on the oldest arachnoid, also maybe the old gnaar model.

Quote:

Also, no, I only map for SSHD and SS3. I consider SS1 obsolete as SSHD has everything and more.

GoG: Modeling is only easy when it is low poly. I could make lowpoly stuff as well, but SSHD/SS3 quality models? Never.
oh never mind we got 2 mappers but with 3 it would be faster!

Last edited by Fiendian; 09-08-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Post merge
Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #160   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Where you got the info about the Arachnoid Elder having a rocket launcher? As far as we know, it had a minigun the same; just bigger model, more health and stronger melee. This is also why it was scrapped, since it was a boring variation for an enemy that already had two variations.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #161   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

also is anyone good with croteam? i need just the pickup ghost buster model (they even dont need to give us the texture because we have awesome texture guy's) and our remake will me finished so it's,(here from my secret page where we share models...)

"ok guy's when we all finish things we need the ghostbuster model, then is the final thing, putting in test 1 me and the other guy are going to change the codding, so that it read's files we made and found, than is final testing and trailer, after that our project is released!"

Quote:
Where you got the info about the Arachnoid Elder having a rocket launcher? As far as we know, it had a minigun the same; just bigger model, more health and stronger melee. This is also why it was scrapped, since it was a boring variation for an enemy that already had two variations.
i saw a screenshot with arachnoid with the rocket launcher as i clearly saw the yellow one from the early build with the minigun which was the same as playe's

Quote:

WOW!! then can you make those very easy things we need to make?

Last edited by Fiendian; 09-08-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Post merge
Old 09-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #162   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Here's the materials that Arachnoid's code in the SDK has listed. I don't see anything mention of "projectile", which is where the code for rockets comes from. If it did fire rockets, "projectile" would've been added as one of the files the game would precache for the Arachnoid when doing things with it.

http://i.imgur.com/cHQbD.png

Last edited by Squadala; 09-02-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #163   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

maybe with gun and also maybe croteam deleted it in the code it's possible?

here this looks like a rocketlauncher to me

http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=htt...g#.UENTZpY3qXc

Last edited by Fiendian; 09-08-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Post merge
Old 09-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #164   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

God Of Gaming is offline Steam ID: godofgamingbg Send a message via Skype™ to God Of Gaming Youtube: GodOfGamingBG

Quote:
For enemies yes, that's why I said low-poly monsters. SSHD quality monsters in SS Classic might have a serious performance hit, I think. But weapons are easy. Look at that AK that I made for my unreal engine 3 project, 9k polies and took me just 2 weeks including hand painting it in mudbox.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (36.0 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg UDK 2012-08-21 22-50-02-36.jpg (61.0 KB, 347 views)

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 09-02-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #165   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

OK SO IT WON'T BE A PROBLEM FOR YOU TO MAKE THIS!!!

http://www.serioussam.wikia.com/wiki...uster?&cb=6359

JUST PICK UP MODEL!!! WITHOUT TEXTURE !!!

so great is solais can do such very minor models and godofgaming can do the ghostbuster pickup model than my remake is going to be released next weak!!

so please godofgaming can you make just pickup model without texture for the ghostbuster and solais the very simplified models (without textures) my remake will be done the same day when you guy's finish those liddle thing's!!

Last edited by Fiendian; 09-08-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Post merge
Old 09-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #166   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Never said I'm gonna help, I have my load of stuff to do as well. Many irons in the fire.

Also stop multiposting!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #167   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Me too, that AK is for a Unreal Engine 3 game that I'm working on that is also my graduating project, and I have to hand it in before September 17th so I'm very busy now, and after that I'm starting to work on my ss alpha artistic ''remake''.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #168   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Never said I'm gonna help, I have my load of stuff to do as well. Many irons in the fire.

Also stop multiposting!
Oh too bad but i just need i model liddle fix and 1 very simple model

Quote:
Me too, that AK is for a Unreal Engine 3 game that I'm working on that is also my graduating project, and I have to hand it in before September 17th so I'm very busy now, and after that I'm starting to work on my ss alpha artistic ''remake''.
when you catch time please just the pickup model i thing that to make that is just 1 hour of work and my remake would be finished

Last edited by Fiendian; 09-08-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Post merge
Old 09-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #169   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Pan is offline Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

Well there sure is alot of assumptions in this thread.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #170   Add To Ignore List  
Mr. Kebab

Seriously! Super Gopher

Oben is offline PSN ID: oben964 Steam ID: enigicivokki Send a message via Skype™ to Oben

I wonder about that why this 2 group always have an arguement with each other?we are just making this games beta project!we are not saving world c'mon!!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #171   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

yes, realy, i would (and my whole team) be very great full if godofgaming (when catchs atleast 1-2 hours free time) that he spends it on making just ghostbuster pickup MODEL withouth texture and same goes for solais, for him we have just 1 model and 1 model fix and that's all we are making the rest !! (we have few texture guy's, few mappers, 1 codder,1 imformator...but no modelers)!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #172   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

1 hour? You serious? More like a day or two. And it can't be done without the texture, you need to unwrap it in a way that will match it. And I really don't have the time to play with you, I told you - look at some tutorials to learn how to make it by yourself, the experience that you're going to get this way is rewarding and satisfying. Stop bothering other people.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #173   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Why not just release the mod without the Ghost Buster model? Just give it a placeholder model, like a cube, that has a "WIP" note on it so that people know it's a placeholder.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #174   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Or use the beta minigun model as a placeholder.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #175   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Or convert the SS2 Beam Gun model and use it as it is, it's pretty much the same gun.
http://tcrf.net/images/e/e2/Beamgunss2.png
Old 09-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #176   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Why not just release the mod without the Ghost Buster model? Just give it a placeholder model, like a cube, that has a "WIP" note on it so that people know it's a placeholder.
but i don't want to release incompletee stuff !!! we will, or make or get it from croteam, GOG: if you sometimes catch time i mean i would be happy that you do the pickup model and use a placeholder texture, we will make a better!

Quote:
Or convert the SS2 Beam Gun model and use it as it is, it's pretty much the same gun.
http://tcrf.net/images/e/e2/Beamgunss2.png
i have the whole beam gun from ss 2 and i don't know how to port it in fe and i dont wan't to use place holders, also i found a way how to put new stuff in the game so the remake is going to be really good i hope !

also, can some of you atleast give me the link's to the tutorials and what's the name of the program where you make models? i mean those can't be done in se modeler?

Last edited by Fiendian; 09-08-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Post merge
Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #177   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Would you stop multiposting?

As for the beamgun model, it can be ripped from SS2, but how you convert it to whatever kind of model SS1 Classic uses is anyone's idea.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #178   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Clonejac is offline Gamertag: Clonejac Steam ID: clonejac Youtube: Clonejacob LinkedIn: jacobcloutier

Btw, you can't give any part of the game "for free" to everyone. It's illegal. Only mods and maps are legal.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #179   Add To Ignore List  
Mr. Kebab

Seriously! Super Gopher

Oben is offline PSN ID: oben964 Steam ID: enigicivokki Send a message via Skype™ to Oben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonejac View Post
Btw, you can't give any part of the game "for free" to everyone. It's illegal. Only mods and maps are legal.
so lets give for 50$
Old 09-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #180   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled

StealthToast is offline Youtube: DoomKnightTGS

Charging $50 (or any amount of money) for a mod is illegal for any game, and dumb as well. I mean, who would buy a mod?