Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #1  
Kamikaze

Default Several problems

Alright, first, I suck with computers...

So I bought SS2 yesterday and installed it... It worked fairly well for about an hour, then when you enter that area after the first running through in a blue ball and the canyon that folloes (some hovering vehicle with a blue midget on it commes forward) the game freezes... I tried several times, but it kept doing so. Anyway, so I checked out this forum to see someone else had a similar problem. I installed the patch like recommended, but then the game wouldn't open at all anymore. I uninstalleed SS2 altorgether and went to bed... This morning I've been trying install it back 6 times and it crashes around 4-7% of the installation. Just stops responding, and my cd stops spinning.

I'm on a laptop with windows vista... as I said, not very good with comps, so I couldn't really tell you my specs untils I check it out a bit... dual core pentium, intel... etc...Anyway it's a new laptop from earlier this season, it should be able to run the game without problems (though laptops will have graphic bugs I heard), still, I've been playing games like Half Life 2 or LOTR BfME2 without any graphic prblems.

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #2  
Mental

Deepblue is offline Steam ID: Deepblue_Seriously
Default Re: Several problems

List your computer specs and post the content of the Sam2.log file you can find in the main SS2 folder (if you've gotten lucky to be able to install the game again of course)

Vista can sometimes be the problem with some games and sometimes not
Old 12-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #3  
Kamikaze

Genuine Intel(R) CPU T208 @ 1.73 GHz
Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family
TOSHIBA MK1237GSX ATA Device
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-8505 ATA Device
Real Tech High Definition Audio

No SS2 = no logs
Old 12-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #4  
Kamikaze

LOG: Deskop parameters :
LOG: # of colors : 32 bits
LOG: Deskop resolution : 1280 x 800
LOG: Virtual screen : 1280 x 800
LOG: Monitors plugged in: 1
LOG:
LOG: * Software Renderer context created.
LOG: Executing action DefaultLocaleAction.
LOG: setting DlgWelcome.SelectedChoice = 3
LOG: setting DlgWelcome.SelectedChoice = 0
LOG: Executing action CheckDXAction.
LOG: setting DlgFinishedInstalling.Value0 = 0
LOG: Executing action ChooseLocaleAction.
LOG: Loading ini file: "00_FullInstaller.ini"
LOG: setting UninstallerShortcut = Uninstall
LOG: setting DlgWelcome.Title = Welcome to installation wizard for <ProductNameLong>
LOG: setting DlgWelcome.Explanation = This wizard will install <ProductNameLong> on your computer. To continue, click Next.
LOG: setting DlgLicense.Title = License Agreement
LOG: setting DlgLicense.Explanation = Please read the following license agreement carefully.
LOG: setting DlgFolder.Title = Destination Folder
LOG: setting DlgFolder.Explanation = Where should <ProductNameLong> be installed?
LOG: setting DlgFolder.Label1 = <ProductNameLong> will be installed in the following folder.
LOG: setting DlgFolder.Label2 = To continue, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
LOG: setting DlgAdditional.Title = Select Additional Tasks
LOG: setting DlgAdditional.Explanation = Which additional tasks should be performed?
LOG: setting DlgEnterKey.Title = CD Key
LOG: setting DlgEnterKey.Explanation = Please enter your CD key.
LOG: setting DlgEnterKey.Label = Please enter the CD key found on the back of the manual.
LOG: setting DlgInstall.Title = Installing
LOG: setting DlgInstall.Explanation = The program features you have selected are being installed.
LOG: setting DlgGameSpy.Title = GameSpy Arcade
LOG: setting DlgGameSpy.Explanation = GameSpy Arcade is the fast, free way to find games and opponents for <ProductNameLong> online. Join millions of other players just like yourself!
LOG:
LOG: Here's what you get:
LOG:
LOG: - Support for over 400 leading games and game demos
LOG: - Player matchmaking, chat and forums
LOG: - Hundreds of FREE downloadable demos of the top games
LOG: - Up-to-the minute news on the world of gaming
LOG: - Even play the most popular Xbox games online
LOG:
LOG: Would you like to install GameSpy Arcade?
LOG: setting DlgGameSpy.Choice0 = &Yes, install GameSpy Arcade now.
LOG: setting DlgGameSpy.Choice1 = No, install GameSpy Arcade l&ater.
LOG: setting DlgXfire.Title = Xfire
LOG: setting DlgXfire.Explanation = Find your friends online playing <ProductNameLong>.
LOG: Join them with 1 click using Xfire. Xfire has over 2 million registered users.
LOG:
LOG: Install Xfire now?
LOG: setting DlgXfire.Choice0 = &Yes, I want to install Xfire.
LOG: setting DlgXfire.Choice1 = &No, I don't want to play with my friends online.
LOG: setting DlgFinishedInstalling.Title = Installation wizard completed
LOG: setting DlgFinishedInstalling.Explanation = Installation has completed sucessfully. Click Finish to exit the wizard.
LOG: setting DlgFinishedInstalling.Choice0 = Install Direct&X9.0c
LOG: setting DlgFinishedInstalling.Choice1 = View &ReadMe file
LOG: setting DlgAskUninstall.Title = Uninstallation wizard for <ProductNameLong>
LOG: setting DlgAskUninstall.Explanation = This wizard will completely remove <ProductNameLong> from your computer. To continue, click Next. If you don't want to remove <ProductNameLong> from your computer, click Cancel.
LOG: setting DlgUninstall.Title = Uninstalling
LOG: setting DlgUninstall.Explanation = The installed program features are being uninstalled.
LOG: setting DlgFinishedUninstalling.Title = Installation wizard completed
LOG: setting DlgFinishedUninstalling.Explanation = Uninstallation has completed sucessfully. Click Finish to exit the wizard.
LOG: setting DlgNotInstalled.Title = Installation is not complete
LOG: setting DlgNotInstalled.Explanation = The installation has been canceled. Nothing was changed on your computer. You may wish re-run the setup at a later time to complete the installation. Click Finish to exit the wizard.
LOG: Loading ini file: "10_Sam2Installer.ini"
LOG: setting ProductNameLong = Serious Sam 2
LOG: setting GameShortcut = Serious Sam 2
LOG: setting EditorShortcut = Serious Editor 2
LOG: setting WebShortcuts = Serious Sam Related Internet Sites
LOG: setting DlgAdditional.Label = Select the additional tasks you would like Setup to perform while installing <ProductNameLong>.
LOG: setting DlgAdditional.Choice0 = Create &Start menu icons
LOG: setting DlgAdditional.Choice1 = Create &desktop icons
LOG: setting Shortcut00.Description = One stop shop for game content creation.
LOG: setting Shortcut01.Description = The most serious game of all time.
LOG: setting Shortcut04.ExtraName = Safe mode
LOG: setting Shortcut04.Description = The most serious game of all time.
LOG: setting Shortcut02.Name = View ReadMe
LOG: setting Shortcut05.Name = Problems with <ProductNameLong>
LOG: setting Shortcut03.Name = Play <ProductNameLong> Online with GameSpy Arcade
LOG: setting Shortcut03.LinkFile = <StartPrograms>/<ProductNameLong>/<Shortcut03.Name>.url
LOG: setting Shortcut20.Name = Croteam
LOG: setting Shortcut21.Name = Serious Sam 2
LOG: setting Shortcut22.Name = Serious Sam Forums
LOG: setting Shortcut23.Name = Serious Zone
LOG: setting Shortcut50.Description = The most serious game of all time.
LOG: Loading ini file: "11_Sam2Installer_modifications.ini"
LOG: setting DlgLicense.Accepted = 0
LOG: setting DlgLicense.Accepted = 1
LOG: setting DestinationFolder = $C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/
LOG: setting DestinationFolder = $C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/
LOG: Entered key: ****************
LOG: setting CDKeyValue = *****************
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/".
LOG: Storing log file at "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Installation.log".
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/".
LOG: Copying file "$C:/Users/JEAN-C~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Tmp0006.Setup.exe" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/Uninstall.exe".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/Sam2.exe" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/Sam2.exe".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/ProcRender.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/ProcRender.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/Engine.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/Engine.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/Core.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/Core.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/Sam2Game.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/Sam2Game.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/Shaders.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/Shaders.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/GPU-Programs.asm" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/GPU-Programs.asm".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/GfxD3D.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/GfxD3D.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/GfxOGL.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/GfxOGL.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/SfxDSD.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/SfxDSD.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/SfxOAL.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/SfxOAL.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/OnlineGS.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/OnlineGS.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/CodecOGG.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/CodecOGG.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/msvcp71.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/msvcp71.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Bin/msvcr71.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/msvcr71.dll".
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/".
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/SeriousSam2/ReadMe_ENU.html" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/ReadMe_ENU.html".
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Config/".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/SeriousSam2/Config/SafeMode.cfg" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Config/SafeMode.cfg".
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0001.dem" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0001.dem".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0001.nfo" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0001.nfo".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0002.dem" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0002.dem".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0002.nfo" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0002.nfo".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0003.dem" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0003.dem".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0003.nfo" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0003.nfo".
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/Installer/ArcadeInstall.exe" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/ArcadeInstall.exe".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/Installer/xfire_installer.exe" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/xfire_installer.exe".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/Installer/gamespy.ico" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/gamespy.ico".
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/BDANT.cab" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/BDANT.cab".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/BDAXP.cab" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/BDAXP.cab".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/DSETUP.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/DSETUP.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/dsetup32.dll" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/dsetup32.dll".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/dxnt.cab" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/dxnt.cab".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/dxsetup.exe" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/Installer/DirectX9.0c/dxsetup.exe".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk1/All_PC_03.gro" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/All_PC_03.gro".
ERR: Error reading from file "$E:/Disk1/All_PC_03.gro".
ERR: Error reading from file.
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk2/All_PC_02.gro" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/All_PC_02.gro".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk3/All_PC_01.gro" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/All_PC_01.gro".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk3/Movies_PC_02.gro" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Movies_PC_02.gro".
LOG: Copying file "$E:/Disk4/Movies_PC_01.gro" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Movies_PC_01.gro".
Old 12-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #5  
Mental

Deepblue is offline Steam ID: Deepblue_Seriously

Are you sure your SS2 CD isn't damaged?
Looking at the bottom of the log, it might be the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voivod2
ERR: Error reading from file "$E:/Disk1/All_PC_03.gro".
ERR: Error reading from file.
Just check the bottom of the CD and make sure it isn't scratched and doesn't have things like finger prints on it that could make the CD reader skip on parts of the CD
Old 12-18-2007, 02:23 PM   #6  
Kamikaze

Now it installs up to 4% then blocks while copying All_PC_03.gro

Then tells me to either abort, ignore or retry... I chose ignore... it jumped to 22% and asked me the second cd... then the third... but at 75% it stops and doesn't ask for the 4th CD... so it ends there.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #7  
Kamikaze

CD looks pretty clean... I'll check it out a little more...
Old 12-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #8  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voivod2 View Post
Now it installs up to 4% then blocks while copying All_PC_03.gro

Then tells me to either abort, ignore or retry... I chose ignore... it jumped to 22% and asked me the second cd... then the third... but at 75% it stops and doesn't ask for the 4th CD... so it ends there.
Same situation but asked me for cd 4, so the game installed but I had to "ignore" 2 errors... Game is installed, also installed the patch... game won't open.

LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Models/Player/".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousSam2/Models/Player/GroovyGregory.dsc" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Models/Player/GroovyGregory.dsc".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousSam2/Models/Player/GroovyGregory.nfo" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Models/Player/GroovyGregory.nfo".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0001.dem" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0001.dem".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0001.nfo" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0001.nfo".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0002.dem" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0002.dem".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0002.nfo" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0002.nfo".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0003.dem" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0003.dem".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0003.nfo" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Demos/Demo_0003.nfo".
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Help/".
LOG: Copying file "Help/SeriousEngineTools.chm" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Help/SeriousEngineTools.chm".
LOG: Copying file "Patch_02_068.gro" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Patch_02_068.gro".
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousEditor2/".
LOG: Creating directory "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousEditor2/CustomTrees/".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousEditor2/CustomTrees/Entities.ctr" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousEditor2/CustomTrees/Entities.ctr".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousEditor2/CustomTrees/Shaders.ctr" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousEditor2/CustomTrees/Shaders.ctr".
LOG: Copying file "Content/SeriousEditor2/CustomTrees/Characters.ctr" to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousEditor2/CustomTrees/Characters.ctr".
LOG: Creating shortcut "$C:/Users/Jean-Christophe/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Serious Sam 2/Serious Editor 2.lnk", linking to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/SeriousEditor2.exe", with icon "",0 and description "One stop shop for game content creation.".
LOG: Creating shortcut "$C:/Users/Jean-Christophe/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Serious Sam 2/Dedicated Server.lnk", linking to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Bin/DedicatedServer.exe", with icon "",0 and description "Serious Sam 2 dedicated server.".
LOG: Creating shortcut "$C:/Users/Jean-Christophe/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Serious Sam 2/Dedicated Server Readme.lnk", linking to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/DedicatedServer_ENU.html", with icon "",0 and description "Serious Sam 2 dedicated server readme.".
LOG: Creating shortcut "$C:/Users/Jean-Christophe/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Serious Sam 2/Serious Editor Help.lnk", linking to "$C:/Program Files/Serious Sam 2/Help/SeriousEngineTools.chm", with icon "",0 and description "Serious Editor help.".
LOG: Skipping action ViewReadMeAction, condition not satisfied.
LOG: Skipping action InstallDXAction, condition not satisfied.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction00.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction01.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction02.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction03.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction04.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction05.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction06.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction07.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction08.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction09.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction10.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction11.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction12.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction13.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction14.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction15.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction16.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction17.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction18.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction19.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction20.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction21.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction22.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction23.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction24.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction25.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction26.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction27.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction28.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction29.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction30.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction31.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction32.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction33.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction34.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction35.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction36.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction37.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction38.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction39.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction40.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction41.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction42.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction43.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction44.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction45.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction46.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction47.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction48.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction49.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction50.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction51.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction52.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction53.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction54.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction55.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction56.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction57.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction58.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction59.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction60.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction61.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction62.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction63.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction64.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction65.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction66.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction67.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction68.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction69.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction70.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction71.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction72.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction73.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction74.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction75.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction76.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction77.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction78.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction79.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction80.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction81.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction82.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction83.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction84.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction85.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction86.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction87.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction88.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction89.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction90.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction91.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction92.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction93.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction94.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction95.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction96.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction97.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction98.
LOG: Executing action ExitAction99.
LOG: Number of handles used: 70
LOG: Timestamp: 2007/12/18 13:37:38
LOG: Core is shutting down
Old 12-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #9  
Kamikaze

Cleaned the cds with Optifix pro and after uninstalling , the reinstallation works without errors... so that is fixed, thanks. Now I'm not sure if the game will open up or if it will keep freezing... without the patch it seemed to work but freeze where I said it does earlier... with the patch it just fails to open.

We'll see.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #10  
Kamikaze

Alright... game works like before without the patch and freezes again where I said it did... so I install the patch... the game starts but I have no visual... I hear the sound and can click and start the game... I can hear myself shooting and walking around... but the screen is black.

-------- start of log --------

LOG: Core version: $Version: Serious Sam 2; 2.070.00:65824; 2006-PATCH-2-070-inc$
LOG: Command: $
LOG: Initializing timer.
LOG: Timestamp: 2007/12/18 15:10:31
LOG: Binary name: Sam2.exe
LOG: Binary soft path: Bin/
LOG: Binary hard path: D:\Serious Sam 2\Bin\
LOG: Application directory: D:\Serious Sam 2\
LOG: Loading group files...
LOG: All_PC_01.gro: 1194 files
LOG: All_PC_02.gro: 5213 files
LOG: All_PC_03.gro: 3274 files
LOG: Movies_PC_01.gro: 56 files
LOG: Movies_PC_02.gro: 44 files
LOG: Patch_02_068.gro: 360 files
LOG: --- Serious Engine Startup ---
LOG:
LOG: Examining underlying OS...
LOG: Type: WinNT
LOG: Version: 6.0, build 6000
LOG: Misc:
LOG:
LOG: Detecting CPU...
LOG: Vendor: GenuineIntel
LOG: Type: 0, Family: 6, Model: 14, Stepping: 12
LOG: MMX: Yes
LOG: SSE: Yes
LOG: CMOV: Yes
LOG: Clock: 1729 MHz
LOG:
LOG: Error loading ImmWraper.dll: Dynamic module "D:\Serious Sam 2\Bin\ImmWrapper.dll" not found!.
LOG: IFeel disabled
LOG: Config file 'Content/SeriousSam2/Config/boot.cfg' doesn't exist.
LOG: Processing config file 'Content/SeriousSam2/Config/autoexec.cfg'.
LOG: Processing config file 'Content/SeriousSam2/Config/user.cfg'.
ERR: <memory stream>(4) : error : invalid expression part.
ERR: Syntax error in command.
LOG: "Content/SeriousSam2/Sam2.ini" does not exist, skipping cvar loading.
LOG:
LOG: Desktop settings:
LOG: Color depth: 32-bit
LOG: Desktop resolution: 1280 x 800
LOG: Virtual screen: 1280 x 800
LOG: Monitors attached: 1
WRN: Gamma correction is not supported.
LOG:
LOG: * Direct3D context created.
INF:
INF: Gfx API: Direct3D
INF: Resolution: 1024 x 768
INF: Vendor: MS DirectX
INF: Renderer: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family
INF: Version: 7.14.10.1227
TRC: EAX is not supported.
INF:
INF: Sfx API: DirectSound
INF: Device: Haut-parleurs (2- Realtek High Definition Audio)
INF: Mixer freq: 44100 Hz
INF: HW voices: 0
INF: Max sounds: 25 (5 same)
INF: Env FX: not supported
INF:
LOG: Winsock opened ok.
LOG: Module 'Bin/CodecOGG.module' loaded in '0.00' seconds.
LOG: Module 'Bin/Shaders.module' loaded in '6.63' seconds.
LOG: Module 'Bin/Shaders.module' loaded in '0.00' seconds.
LOG: Module 'Bin/ProcRender.module' loaded in '0.02' seconds.
LOG: Module 'Bin/Sam2Game.module' loaded in '6.74' seconds.
LOG: "F3" rebound to "plccmdVoteYes" for profile "Serious Sam"
LOG: "F4" rebound to "plccmdVoteNo" for profile "Serious Sam"
TRC: Boot stage completed.
LOG: resFreeUnusedProxies() released '6' proxy object.
LOG: resFreeUnusedStockTrivial() released 1 files in 0.00 seconds.
LOG: Timestamp: 2007/12/18 15:11:44
LOG: Stopping simulation.
LOG: Timestamp: 2007/12/18 15:11:44
LOG: Stopping world ''.
LOG: resFreeUnusedProxies() released '19' proxy object.
LOG: '0' resources were reverted to resource proxy objects.
LOG: resFreeUnusedStock() released 0 files in 0.03 seconds (0.000 freeing), after 1 passes
LOG: World stopped in 0.03sec.
LOG: resFreeUnusedProxies() released '40' proxy object.
LOG: resFreeUnusedStockTrivial() released 42 files in 0.00 seconds.
LOG: resFreeUnusedProxies() released '1' proxy object.
LOG: resFreeUnusedStockTrivial() released 1 files in 0.00 seconds.
LOG: Started loading world "Content/SeriousSam2/Levels/01_Mdigbo/1_4_ApproachingCity/1_4_ApproachingCity.wld"
LOG: Navigation mesh consists of 2682 nodes and 11618 links.
LOG: resFreeUnusedProxies() released '1440' proxy object.
LOG: resFreeUnusedStockTrivial() released 3 files in 0.00 seconds.
LOG: Finished loading world.
LOG: Number of handles used: 10002
LOG: Timestamp: 2007/12/18 15:12:00
INF: Started simulation on 'Content/SeriousSam2/Levels/01_Mdigbo/1_4_ApproachingCity/1_4_ApproachingCity.wld' in 15.32 seconds.
LOG: resFreeUnusedProxies() released '5' proxy object.
LOG: resFreeUnusedStockTrivial() released 0 files in 0.00 seconds.
TRC: (Direct3D) Device lost - waiting for reset.
WRN: Gamma correction is not supported.
LOG:
LOG: 2007/12/18 15:12:22: Crashed. (free memory: 242.51172 MB)
Old 12-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #11  
ZEN
roll'n ana stroll'n

http://forums.seriouszone.com/showpo...0&postcount=12
Old 12-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #12  
Razardous

The Serious Spoon is offline Send a message via ICQ to The Serious Spoon

Open up the console, type mdl_bHardwareSkinning=0 and press enter. That should solve the crashing at least, I think.

"And yet be reminded by the Gods that though cooperation is a friendly pursuit, friendly fire is righteous in its purging of the vile and corrupt. Let ye not be deserving of its wrath for the hoarding of power-ups."
Old 12-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #13  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Serious Spoon View Post
Open up the console, type mdl_bHardwareSkinning=0 and press enter. That should solve the crashing at least, I think.
How do you open up the console (as I said, I know very little of computers) Is it in game? cause if it is, I can't do shit, my screen is black.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #14  
Scrapjack

In the game - even at a menu screen, press the tilde key (usually above your TAB key). It looks like:

~

and it's a "shifted" key - with an accent key "unshifted."

That opens up a "command-line" console at the top of the screen.

Commands you enter there have to be typed EXACTLY as shown.
In actual fact, it is obvious that Kautsky is writing in a country where the police forbid people to laugh "in crowds", otherwise Kautsky would have been killed by ridicule. - V. I. Lenin, The Proletarian Revolution and The Renegade Kautsky
Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #15  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

Is the driver of your video card up to date?
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 12-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #16  
Kamikaze

uninstalled and reinstalled without the patch so I could see in game... opened the console and typed the line, but I still crashed on the way to Ursul, same spot always... I'm considering ZEN's options, but I lack details about that

"make sure you have the correct and current realtek driver install ready before you start."

Don't want to mess up.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #17  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnector View Post
Is the driver of your video card up to date?
I would guess it is, I bought this laptop fairly recently and it's not an old model. My gf insists it must be Vista, then again, I'm not so sure... I'll try installing it on her laptop... it's both better than mine and has XP... still a laptop though.

I'm trying to update it right now.

Last edited by Voivod2; 12-18-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #18  
Razardous

The Serious Spoon is offline Send a message via ICQ to The Serious Spoon

The console command is to make sure it doesn't crash when you've installed the 2.070 patch, so entering it with any other version won't do any effect, at least not with the graphics chip you have.

"And yet be reminded by the Gods that though cooperation is a friendly pursuit, friendly fire is righteous in its purging of the vile and corrupt. Let ye not be deserving of its wrath for the hoarding of power-ups."
Old 12-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #19  
Kamikaze

Alright,

It is up to date, btw.