Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default My Serious Sam 2 speedrun

Hello,guys! I am speedrunner of Serious Sam 2. Since here are many people who love this game,I decided to post my speedrun of it here,my time is 2:58:40,enjoy! If you have any questions - feel free to ask!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6toUzrJ-9jw
Old 10-28-2016, 05:12 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Gehenna's member

Mane is offline Steam ID: Jaguar123 Raptr ID: Jaguar123 Send a message via Skype™ to Mane Youtube: emastarwars
Default Re: My Serious Sam 2 speedrun

Well, a SS2 lover!

Welcome to the community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorchop View Post
I'll date you bro. You're gonna have to put on a wig and stuff some balloons under your shirt, and you're gonna have to pay for dinner as well. Also no touching. Don't even make eye contact. I'll pick you up around 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mane View Post
That's a deal!
Old 10-28-2016, 11:17 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo

Captain_Russia is offline Youtube: IDGCaptainRussia

That Greendale exploit though XD

Coast-2-Coast, yeah, quite a few people know about the hole in the barrier field you got through. that's no surprise.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:37 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

I like the look of that, I've always thought speedrunning is impressive. Added to my watchlist for when I have some time to burn.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 10-29-2016, 05:30 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I have decided to make a list of the shortcuts used in the run.

Road to Ursul - 6:07 - the very first shortcut in the run,its also possible to jump over those rocks

Ursul Suburbs - 9:28 - jumping over 3 gates using boxes and dogs,that skips a lot of shootouts

Chanolin Chambers - 59:18 - taking last yin yang piece without jumping all the jump pads again(not sure how to explain properly this one,sorry )

Chanolin Temple - 1:04:12 - using my hovercraft to get over the gates and finish the level.

Count Kleerofski - 1:17:19 - not really skip,but a method that lets you kill Kleerofski in 8 seconds if done perfectly.

Greendale - 1:18:55 - very poor execution,but spiders pushed me over the invisible wall,so i dont need to wait for the lift. 1:19:32 - basically skipping the whole level with hovercraft and weird SS2 physics help.

Coast 2 Coast - 1:21:38 - another hovercraft trick,similiar to Greendale.

Command Center - 1:59:05- box jumps to skip most of the level,boxes+big fps+barrel shotgun are extremely broken in this game.

Hugo - 2:08:22 - menuing strats to make the level shorter.

Shield Generator - 2:13:03: - another box jump to skip the first shootout, 2:13:48 two more box jumps to skip like 8 minutes of level.

Be Quick or Be Dead - 2:16:45 - normally you need to press a button to open the gates,but u can just jump around them like this.

Everything else is just knowing the monster spawns and what triggers opening gates etc. Writing this post made me remember how much i screwed up with some of the shortcuts in my run,so I should really do few more runs.

Also I have been thinking of making SS2 segmented speedrun in Serious Difficulty,would anyone be interested if i did it and made thread here about how its going?

Last edited by tSu_nAmi; 10-29-2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:20 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  

Target-UPnP is offline Steam ID: UnstopablePedestrian

Hey.
Looks like you hold the world record now, congratulations.

Now I've seen multiple people having trouble with getting through the hole in barrier at Coast 2 Cost, I'd like to share this.
There is a consistent way to get through, you have to face to the barrier hole and do a 90-150 degree spin to left while moving towards it. Only the part of hitbox where Sam seats matters while doing stunts with vehicles, the rest of the model collision will ignore if the part with Sam goes through.

YouTube Video: C2C Barrier Hole

Also, I've found an alternative route in Command Center. It is 8-12 seconds slower but a lot more consistent than crate jumping. Good for beginners.

YouTube Video: Command Center Alternative Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by tSu_nAmi
Also I have been thinking of making SS2 segmented speedrun in Serious Difficulty,would anyone be interested if i did it and made thread here about how its going?
I'd be interested but I can't say anything positive for anyone else here. They'll probably be too busy complaining how bad SS2 is.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:04 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Target-UPnP

thats really cool find in CC