Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  

Default M8 Avenger (aka the assault rifle from Mass Effect) weapon mod for SEHD released!

M8 Avenger Assault Rifle

Finally! This thing is as finished as it's gonna get. This is a weapon mod that replaces the Tommygun with the M8 Avenger Assault Rifle from Mass Effect.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/Viper45/MERifle_Release_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/Viper45/MERifle_Release_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/Viper45/MERifle_Release_3.jpg

DOWNLOAD: Click here

Instructions to install:

1. Click here for appropriate atmosphere during download and install
2. Place the downloaded M8Avenger.gro in your Content\SeriousSamHD_TSE directory.
3. Start Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, and make sure to run the moddable version! The mod won't work if you don't.
4. Enjoy!

A couple miscellaneous things about the mod:
- Pull out the gun and idle for 10 seconds (don't move or even move the camera), and a quick idle animation will play to give you a closer look at the gun
- Unlike my SPAS12 mod, the Serious Damage overlay effect works perfectly with this gun!

Let me know if you encounter any bugs or if something doesn't work as expected, and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/Viper45/MERifle_Release_4.jpg

Last edited by viper45; 08-26-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Devostator is offline Gamertag: Florian324 PSN ID: Devostator501 Steam ID: devostator Raptr ID: devostator1 Facebook: florian.schneider.81 Youtube: Devostatorable
Default Re: M8 Avenger (aka the assault rifle from Mass Effect) weapon mod for SEHD released!

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! I will download it.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Mongo is offline Steam ID: Serious_Gnaars Send a message via Skype™ to Mongo
Default Re: M8 Avenger (aka the assault rifle from Mass Effect) weapon mod for SEHD released!

Epic work. Just plain epic. You are awesome!
Hahah very nice work viper!

My name is Mongo, and I like Gnaars. And Cookies. Mmmm... Cookies!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

Haha, this is awesome! Haven't tried yet, but it's already installed. When I test my maps tomorrow, I'll see it.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

This thread deserves a LOT more attention. This is excellent! Hey Viper, perhaps you could give a quick and easy tutorial on "Creating" "New" Weapons??

Old 08-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  

Thanks guys, I hope you enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo/CyclopticPoggy View Post
This thread deserves a LOT more attention. This is excellent! Hey Viper, perhaps you could give a quick and easy tutorial on "Creating" "New" Weapons??
That's not a bad idea. It's pretty simple to get a new weapon working in-game. The hard part is actually making the models and textures. I'll consider making a tutorial for it (maybe to go along with my next weapon mod?)

Anyway, here's one more picture. Because I think it's purdy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/Viper45/M8_idle.jpg
Old 08-29-2011, 02:45 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Serious Sam(BG) is offline Send a message via Skype™ to Serious Sam(BG)

Good job!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 03:26 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Yeayyy, thanks viper45 for releasing this wonderful weapon mod !
"We must assume every event has significance and contains a message that pertains to our questions...this especially applies to what we used to call bad things...the challenge is to find the silver lining in every event, no matter how negative."
— James Redfield (The Celestine Prophecy)
Old 08-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Epic. Yes, I am a TERRIBLE Modeler. But, if I learned how to model somewhat, maybe I could make a six-barreled Laser gun.
What-ya think?
And that screenie is pretty lol. Looks as if Sam is about to sprint. If we had an SDK, maybe someone would've been mod in sprinting, but oh well, I heard we are getting an SDK for Sam 3. Meaning... SS HD possible imports and etc? Cool. And it sounds fantastic about the tutorial coming with next weapon mod. Cannot wait.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

That is very awesome, good job. What program did you use to texture that bad boy?
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 08-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Loner Wiener

Badass modeling viper, looks EXACTLY like in Mass Effect.

But you should use it for the plasma rifle instead. That would be more fitting.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo/CyclopticPoggy View Post
Epic. Yes, I am a TERRIBLE Modeler. But, if I learned how to model somewhat, maybe I could make a six-barreled Laser gun.
What-ya think?
Sounds crazy. Man, you just made me think of something awesome: a minigun lasergun. :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
That is very awesome, good job. What program did you use to texture that bad boy?
I used Photoshop CS4 for all the texturing. For anyone curious, modeling and UVing was done in Blender. I also used 3ds Max do to the ambient occlusion bake for the texture, because 3ds Max's AO bake is much better than Blender's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Doom Man View Post
Badass modeling viper, looks EXACTLY like in Mass Effect.

But you should use it for the plasma rifle instead. That would be more fitting.
Thanks There's only one problem with using the laser gun, though. It's hard coded to use real moving projectiles, while the tommygun is hardcoded to use hitscan. I could have made projectiles for the laser gun that travel so fast they're practically instant, but that seems a little ghetto and I'm not sure if the collision would work properly (if the projectile is moving 500 meters per frame, I don't know if it would collide properly with stuff within those 500 meters).

I thought the Tommygun was a pretty good fit anyway, since the M8 is still a projectile gun rather than a laser gun. It's just that now you have 2 sci-fi guns instead of one.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Minigun lasergun... Get to it Viper my friend! hehe A Good Idea I think. My version would have been the same weapon, only red, and had two extra barrels and all the barrels fired at once.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:29 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
-RT
Werebull

-RT is offline PSN ID: TheRealRT Steam ID: Count-D

Considering how Serious Sam's and Mass Effect's plots are similar, this is fitting. As for the mod itself, it's really well done.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

please someone with the editor of Serious Sam Serious hd one on hotmail me and leave me the link my hotmail is aizpuru1@hotmail.com
Old 03-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

dragon99919 is offline Steam ID: dragon99919 Send a message via Skype™ to dragon99919 Facebook: dragon99919 Youtube: dragon99919

Quote:
Originally Posted by saa619 View Post
please someone with the editor of Serious Sam Serious hd one on hotmail me and leave me the link my hotmail is aizpuru1@hotmail.com
What?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Serious Truman is offline Steam ID: ZaxonTheD Facebook: Alex Truman Youtube: Zaxon1998

Nice i love Mass effect!

Your Parents Had a great Valentine!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

TSAndrey is offline Twitter: TSCAndrey Youtube: TScorporations

Love how the ME soundtrack ended just as I finished the installation!
Anyway, awesome mod!
JUST SKILL
Old 09-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

First off, sorry for bumping this ancient thread.

Just want to ask viper (or anyone that knows): Where can I find the Domokun model featured on one of your showcase videos? (the one that replaces the Gnaar model)
Old 09-02-2016, 02:48 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Hello and welcome.

I've been digging around viper's showcase and Steam Workshop, but I can only find his Workshop items for Serious Sam 3 (the mods you're talking about are for TSE:HD), and his showcase never links to those two mods. I assume they were quietly released to the Workshop but are gone now.

Sadly viper doesn't visit here anymore, but I'll see if I can reach him and ask him about these mods for you. I'll keep you posted.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:34 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Hello and welcome.

Sadly viper doesn't visit here anymore, but I'll see if I can reach him and ask him about these mods for you. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for replying (and for the welcome!). Let's just hope you can find viper
Old 09-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

I got ahold of viper, and I have bad news and worse news. He said he never officially released the Domokun mod. What's worse, at some point he had to uninstall Serious Sam HD: TSE from his computer and the Steam uninstaller wiped his whole installation directory, along with any content he made. Basically the Domokun model is long gone, sorry to say. But at least you know for sure.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:51 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Aw, what a bummer!

Anyways, thanks a lot for the info, really appreciate it