Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #91  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei
Default Re: Scrapped Serious Sam stuff and beta info

Even in Test 1, you had to get the same Amon Statue in Karnak_Enter_Complex/"First Pylon" to enter the Karnak_Temple/"Amon Complex".

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #92  
Khnum

God Of Gaming is offline Steam ID: godofgamingbg Send a message via Skype™ to God Of Gaming Youtube: GodOfGamingBG

Here's one idea from me. It's just a speculation and may very well be wrong, but here it is. If you remove the water from Sewers, it kind of looks like a tomb. It might have been one of the tomb levels from the beta, or part of one.

Tomb of Ramses II and Tomb of Ramses III are probably not the same map, since a lot of the areas of the final map can be seen in CityObeliskYard.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #93  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Huh? Really? How do you know about that?

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #94  
Khnum

Thekazuya005 is offline Gamertag: Thekazuya005 PSN ID: Thekazuya005 Steam ID: Thekazuya005 Send a message via Skype™ to Thekazuya005 Twitter: KittyWizard Youtube: thekazuya005

My beta remake is coming in very soon we have only few things (2-3 models and few textures, 1 map).

Btw, Squadala, do you want to change? I'll send you the list of my beta stuff and I need only the Ghost Buster (I don't have the full model) and Beheaded guy's but ghostie I need at most, I have original beta sundtrack like all enemies, all weapons and codding, included, lava rocks gun + code, very, very rare, fishman,all elementals, old gnaar...i would give you that all for the ghostbuster,

If you are so sure that you will win (you have way more members that I have and great modelers) than what is the problem that you would give me ghostbuster model ??? btw there are only 3/4 in our team and we are like finished.!!

also karnak theory in all you guys version has 1 misstake!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #95  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Really? Let me hear what is that one mistake.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #96  
Untitled

StealthToast is offline Youtube: DoomKnightTGS

You are taking the whole "beta remake contest" thing pretty seriously, aren't you?

Btw, even if there was a contest, I'm pretty sure the contestants wouldn't share resources with each other. It's like two guys fighting for the finals of a DM tournament and allowing the other one to frag them on purpose.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #97  
Khnum

Thekazuya005 is offline Gamertag: Thekazuya005 PSN ID: Thekazuya005 Steam ID: Thekazuya005 Send a message via Skype™ to Thekazuya005 Twitter: KittyWizard Youtube: thekazuya005

no, i just want to finish my remake and lough of loud seeing they'r remake, the mistake is that the karnak enter komplex was differend and the ss 3 bfe karnak wasn't like the beta one as i looked in editor!also for people who collect scrapped resurces i would like to see the ghostbuster as i don't beleve him that he has it!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #98  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Nope.jpg

KarnakEnterComplex is SS1 DemoKarnak, and Test1 Karnak. This is pretty much confirmed by the available information.

And I still love how you think there's a competition at all. Nor that you believe we believe anything you actually say about the Alpha.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #99  
Khnum

Never mind because My remake is going to tell you who lies,also so you guy's aien't going to make a remake
Old 09-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #100  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Pan is offline Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

There is no ghostbuster gun.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #101  
Werebull

Clonejac is offline Gamertag: Clonejac Steam ID: clonejac Youtube: Clonejacob LinkedIn: jacobcloutier

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
Never mind because My remake is going to tell you who lies,also so you guy's aien't going to make a remake
NOPE !
Old 09-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #102  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

If you remake a beta in the final product then it technically isn't a Beta at all, unless you release a Beta version of your Beta Remake, then its a beta of the beta. BETACEPTION!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #103  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Except it was always the alpha version.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #104  
Untitled

StealthToast is offline Youtube: DoomKnightTGS

So, his beta remake is actually an alpha remake of the alpha version of the Test 1 Beta of the final product but incorrectly named Beta, but if he releases a beta then it will be the beta of the alpha, or will that be the alpha of the alpha of his alpha remake, which would previously be wrongly mistaken for the beta of the alpha of his beta remake? [/mindscrewattempt]
Old 09-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #105  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Except it was always the alpha version.
beta, alpha, final. What's the difference. I forget things, ta for correcting me.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #106  
Khnum

Oh man you really are not normal -.-""" I'm not trying put old resurces to final and not even test 1 things, you got it compleetly wrong, I had found a way to edit the test 1 as I want because it's easyer, and I have the original beta files even the real lava rocks gun, fishman....and it's compatible with test 1 so it's much better... I need the ghostbuster which that guy squadala has because it's the only like missing thing in our remake!!!

and also:

alpha- in the flesh 1996/1997
early build 1998/1999
beta- test 1 phase late 1999 and early 2000
test 2 & demo are delta!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #107  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

In the Flesh is something that is even before the early alpha. That was a different thing altogether. The same as the unnamed canceled military shooter was something else as well, then it got turned into SS3.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #108  
Khnum

Quote:
In the Flesh is something that is even before the early alpha. That was a different thing altogether. The same as the unnamed canceled military shooter was something else as well, then it got turned into SS3.
ok,ok if you want going on the life development sircle than it's the PRE-ALPHA!!! and in the flesh had all same weapons as the thing we all call beta (you call it alpha) and it's actualy an early-build as croteam call's it!

Also here the proof of what squadala is talking in his, cra*y written design doc:
"WEAPONZ

1. ghostbuster
THE BUEST GUN EVER MADE IT WILL BE REALLY PRETY AND SHINY CROTEAM GAVE ME SECREY CODING TO MAKE IT LOOK BETTER. I ALREADY HAVE MODEL IN GAME MYSELOF I FOUND IT."

" beheaded enemieaa

they will be using 1998 models I taked to alan l and he found the maodels for me so I will put them in the gmae. THEY ARE TRUE BETA MOTERIAL SO DONT STEAL"

So those are the only 2 thing's we don't have in our remake so as squadala told he would like to lough his ass of seeing my remake so i can't finish it withouth the ghostbuster i would change with him all my beta stuff , i need to make a list,later...

Last edited by Fiendian; 09-08-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Post merge
Old 09-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #109  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

AHAHAHAHA! Please dear god be kidding. God I hope I read this right.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #110  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
AHAHAHAHA! Please dear god be kidding. God I hope I read this right.
what? in the flesh had all weapons from ss early build i can give you croteam's message about it, and my remake is going to be, super awesome .
I have plenty of beta stuff things that are so rare, so awesome.... I can do few editor image of the stuff if you want but i want to see that the squadala guy has the ghostbuster
Old 09-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #111  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Some things:

1. It seems likely that "In the Flesh" went from the dream-based idea to the Egypt-based game we all know and love while keeping the name. The FE/SE SDK shows that a significant amount of Egypt models were made in late 1998, back when FE was still "In the Flesh". The post from Croteam about FE's content in In the Flesh could be when it was still about dreams, or when it was morphed into being about Egypt and space. Unless more context is given (like a design doc being released or another post explaining it), then it's impossible to say with 100% certainty.

2. The final version of Karnak's architecture IS based on KarnakEnterComplex. Test 1's Karnak Demo is called "KarnakEnterComplex.wld", as Karnak Demo is the same as the final Karnak. This is consistent with the real Karnak, as one of the entrances to it is where you start in the final Karnak and Karnak is actually called the Karnak Temple Complex.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #112  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

And since I'm on the subject, here's another post about some stuff I've found recently (mostly by reading the ASCII text in Test 1's Entities.dll):

- The Harpy uses the Revolver's message as a placeholder. I'm guessing they weren't finished with the Harpy's message when Test 1 was released, but used the Revolver's so the game wouldn't bug out when the player killed one. This is also why you don't get a notification for a new message after killing one for the first time. The game notices you already have the Revolver's message, so it doesn't play the notification, even though you've technically killed a Harpy for the first time.

- Strings for Scorematch exist in Test 1.

- Model names for the old Grenade Launcher and Laser Gun models exist in Test 1's Entites.dll.

- The Test 1 Entities.dll lists the Ghostbuster, Pipebomb and Flamethrower's model parts and textures in it, but they aren't in the final version's. Going by the info on Croteam's Facebook page that those weapons were already scrapped by the time Test 1 was released, my assumption is that they didn't rig it so that the compiler wouldn't try to precache the coding for the engine to support those resources when Test 1 was made, but did for the final version.

- The Test 1 .dll has info (like a list of sounds) for the deleted enemies, but the final version doesn't. Again, this is probably because they didn't tell the compiler not to precache the coding and data for those enemies in Test 1.

- The scrapped weapons have NETRISCA .txts. This could mean that those weapons survived to the point where NETRISCA was added, or they're just placeholders so that the game doesn't crash when the player gets one via something like a debug cheat, even though they were removed. Unless those files are released, we'll never know for sure which one is right.

- The deleted Monster variant of the Arachnoid had a NETRISCA .txt written for it.

- Around the time of Test 1, Ugh-Zan III was still based on his Minigun-using design, not the one in the final game.

- There are no references to Mental in Test 1's Entities.dll.

- The Minor Biomech had a NETRISCA .txt file written for it when Test 1 was compiled.

Last edited by Squadala; 09-02-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #113  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadala View Post
Some things:

1. It seems likely that "In the Flesh" went from the dream-based idea to the Egypt-based game we all know and love while keeping the name. The FE/SE SDK shows that a significant amount of Egypt models were made in late 1998, back when FE was still "In the Flesh". The post from Croteam about FE's content in In the Flesh could be when it was still about dreams, or when it was morphed into being about Egypt and space. Unless more context is given (like a design doc being released or another post explaining it), then it's impossible to say with 100% certainty.

2. The final version of Karnak's architecture IS based on KarnakEnterComplex. Test 1's Karnak Demo is called "KarnakEnterComplex.wld", as Karnak Demo is the same as the final Karnak. This is consistent with the real Karnak, as one of the entrances to it is where you start in the final Karnak and Karnak is actually called the Karnak Temple Complex.
LOL i found those before 2 months, false, in 1998 croteam renamed those things and started doing early egipt, also maybe the place might be fired dreams in egypt

There exist pictures of Laser Gun and Grenade Launcher old model's, they were created as actual weapons in Test 2 (i beleve ) also, I have Netricha descriptions of biomechanoid and the oldest arachnoid it was sized as an smaller house, it had a rocketlauncher, it was blue and rusty....
also few mental part's exist in the final game! like the brain drain capsule, probbaly it's head as the croteam guy's head (its called mental (not might be connected)
tentacles as the things comming from the brain drain tube, also the level where mental appeared (grand finale 1) exist's in the game files but uses differend textures!

also Interesting things about Elementals (i have them all and if not for actuall look, pictures are providing it)

1.all elemental's beside air elemental use the same model (but differend textures flares...) the air elemental can be found in the final game and fishman....those are compatible with test 1 and are dated as 1998 you can see pictures on serious wiki which were added by my in serious modeler of the fishman model texture and same for air elemental.

2.beheaded guy's- kamikaze had white trousers, no shirt and had the AAAA voice, bomber had (as actual model in the game) a dynamite in his arm, head in his other arm pike on the throat , green t shirt, but it was supposed to have a chainsaw and head in hands, beheaded firecracker, he had a chainsaw and his head in hands, he was compleetly red, the rocketer had blue pants a rocketlauncher and his head in hands.

3.gnaar- they were supposed to fire acit projectiles, they had only 1 claw on each hand, there were 3 gnaars?? there is a old gnaar texture which is the same as old beta one's but it's red?? maybe a leftover from in the flesh or an prototype version of gnaar texture? also gnaar had differend animations, they could transform from levitating to normal!

5.pipe bomb- it's animations and purpose was the same as in ss 3 c4, the grenade (bomb) exists in test 1 and the final game, but the stick item and shield (detonator) doesn't or it's hidden, the hand holding bomb and hand holding stick were the same hand animation like on the test 1 knife but the hand had differend texture (cool glove)

6.Flamer- there exist's only a Flamethrower model from Test 2 time it was just a liddle bit differend than the final (ss tse) but had differed sounds.

7.Lava rocks gun codding and models, sounds, textures exist in the game.

.... much more...

also squadala can you prove and put the ghostbuster modeler picture??

Last edited by Fiendian; 09-08-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Post merge
Old 09-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #114  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
LOL i found those before 2 months, false, in 1998 croteam renamed those things and started doing early egipt, also maybe the place might be fired dreams in egypt
Don't turn this into a "who found what first" contest, because it'll be just an endless slap fight with no winner. What matters is that the information has been found and how it's applied. All of the interviews I've found suggest that the name switch occurred sometime in 1999, not 1998. If you have any proof that says otherwise, show me.

I doubt that's likely. A mummy model dated back to March 1998 can be found in the FE/SE SDK, which tells me they were working on Egypt around that time. Besides, how would Egypt fit into a game about dreams and hellfire? You could probably make a gimmick level or two, but the sheer amount of models made in 1998 for a game made in that era suggests to me that they were already converting In the Flesh into being about Egypt as early as March 1998. There's too many models of things like gods and random objects for it to be a gimmck level or something that's interlaced between dream and hellfire-based levels.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #115  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Kazuya, writing stuff is nothing, show pictures of what you've found. As they say on le internetz: Pics or didn't happen.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:15 AM   #116  
Khnum

Quote:
Don't turn this into a "who found what first" contest, because it'll be just an endless slap fight with no winner. What matters is that the information has been found and how it's applied. All of the interviews I've found suggest that the name switch occurred sometime in 1999, not 1998. If you have any proof that says otherwise, show me.

I doubt that's likely. A mummy model dated back to March 1998 can be found in the FE/SE SDK, which tells me they were working on Egypt around that time. Besides, how would Egypt fit into a game about dreams and hellfire? You could probably make a gimmick level or two, but the sheer amount of models made in 1998 for a game made in that era suggests to me that they were already converting In the Flesh into being about Egypt as early as March 1998. There's too many models of things like gods and random objects for it to be a gimmck level or something that's interlaced between dream and hellfire-based levels.
as you told the model's were made in 1998 i have few messages about being serious sam in 1998 and did you read the in the flesh post which one guy asked to croteam as the weapons were the same from early build and in the flesh??

Quote:
Kazuya, writing stuff is nothing, show pictures of what you've found. As they say on le internetz: Pics or didn't happen.
ok than the squadala guy also needs to post pictures, look on page 3 or 2 one guy posted much of pictures so you can see beheaded guy's models....the gnaar texture is on s wiki, the elemental asses are on serious wiki as i posted the pictures...

Last edited by Fiendian; 09-08-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Post merge
Old 09-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #117  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Most of the pics he's talking about are on the Serious Sam Wiki.

Based on a quick search, I can find...

2. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120101090627/serious/images/5/57/Firecrackereditor_b.png

http://images.wikia.com/serious/images/a/a6/Model03.jpg

3. http://images.wikia.com/serious/images/5/5e/Oldgnaar_1.png

http://images.wikia.com/serious/images/0/00/Gnaar2.jpg

5. http://images.wikia.com/serious/images/d/df/Pipebomb_1.png

(To me, the hand position is different).

As for the others...

1. No model for the Air Elemental exists in the final TFE game. However, the screenshot you've posted on the wiki is actually Kukulan, the first boss in The Second Encounter. That image is what he looks like without the red wind particle effects around him.

7. There are no Lava Rock Gun leftovers in TFE. I've searched the Player Weapon and projectile code for any traces of it, but I've found nothing. The model you claim is it is actually Ugh-Zan III's fireball gun he uses when you're fighting him.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #118  
Khnum

Quote:
Most of the pics he's talking about are on the Serious Sam Wiki.

Based on a quick search, I can find...

2. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ereditor_b.png

http://images.wikia.com/serious/images/a/a6/Model03.jpg

3. http://images.wikia.com/serious/imag...Oldgnaar_1.png

http://images.wikia.com/serious/images/0/00/Gnaar2.jpg

5. http://images.wikia.com/serious/imag...Pipebomb_1.png

(To me, the hand position is different).

As for the others...

1. No model for the Air Elemental exists in the final TFE game. However, the screenshot you've posted on the wiki is actually Kukulan, the first boss in The Second Encounter. That image is what he looks like without the red wind particle effects around him.

7. There are no Lava Rock Gun leftovers in TFE. I've searched the Player Weapon and projectile code for any traces of it, but I've found nothing. The model you claim is it is actually Ugh-Zan III's fireball gun he uses when you're fighting him.
Ok, but i found the REAL AIR ELEMENTAL AND REAL LAVA ROCK's GUN EVEN THE CODE man -.- THE CODE IS IN SERIOUS SAM TFE SDK!!!!
also the hand migh't me moved a bit to right bit it's generally the same (or it's by the hand texture) i will test 1 because we have the hand cool glove

Last edited by Fiendian; 09-08-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Large images in quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #119  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

I love how he keeps bringing it back to squadala so he can get out of having to post pictures.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #120  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
I love how he keeps bringing it back to squadala so he can get out of having to post pictures.
AHAHHAHAHAHAHH you will se you... because we will finish our project very soon then i will lough we are so close to the end i will write an include list later