Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #121   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei
Default Re: [MAP] The Forgotten City

The Super Kamikaze? They are really thought to kill, that is all. Try the flamethrower, that is a perfect weapon against it.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #122   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Dankzaii is offline Steam ID: SpazmadDankzaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
The Super Kamikaze? They are really thought to kill, that is all. Try the flamethrower, that is a perfect weapon against it.
No that's not the problem

The problem is IT'S UNSTOPPABLE

i think i'm on your first map, and then I Spammed all my ammo on that guy but he's unstoppable, rockets, shells, bullets, almost everything, guess it's just a FPS problem but some help would be appreciated
Old 05-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #123   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yes, that is like that, it has a load of health. But even if you used up all the ammo and can't die then dunno what is up, never encountered such.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #124   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Now i finished first Level and it was nice to play with lots of enemys. Now it happened what was supposed to happen i totally got stuck in Water Temple. Im now in the big szenario with the medium Water Bubbles with lots of Teleporters. I found the 3 lights i used/switched on dunno but nothing happens. When i randomly go into one Teleport after the other i get spawned at the start of the szenario again. Im not that adventure gamer and i have to admit i dont like the second level. I would so much like to go on to the Junkyard because there are great fights again, but where the **** do i have to go to finish the Water Temple level ._.

Sorry for being so much confused about it but its totally maze for me.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #125   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

It's okay, I designed it to piss people off, including myself. So you switched on all the three switches/lights? There was supposed to be a small cutscene showing that a tube piece is lowered somewhere (though sometimes that gets canceled if you're being shot by enemies). So take the middle tube again, but when you see a ring that looks like it would lead downwards, take that tube that actually leads out of the puzzle area.

Also, I'd also suggest that instead of going straight to the Junkyard, you'd go to the secret level that is found in the underwater cave after the large bubbles, behind two metal plates near the right wall.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #126   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Ah i was totally into the idea i get to the Waterpipe i saw in the Cutscene by keep on teleporting, but i found it now and i will finish the Campagne soon to give a full feedback to your Work.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #127   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Dankzaii is offline Steam ID: SpazmadDankzaii

Well, let me say that....

THE LAST ARENA IS EPIC!!! And the Super Reptiloid is also awesome, is like the Khnum in SS3 but in SS:HD, also i loved your water elementals! you were so original (not considering they were part of the Serious Sam Early Beta)

I give you a 9.5/10 you should make more of these maps, dude you are a really mapper
Old 05-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #128   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Thanks. Have you found the secret level, or all the secrets? (I included a guide to help.)

Old 05-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #129   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

This looks epic i am going to try it ! Thanks Solais !
Old 06-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #130   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Can i have a download link for the scorpion assassin so i can put him in the original game ? Btw nice mod its seriously hard even on normal !
Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #131   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

You can find my SSHD enemy pack in the SSHD mods section of the forum.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #132   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

gfxmichaeldial is offline Steam ID: michaeldial Raptr ID: Ultimate_Extreme Send a message via MSN to gfxmichaeldial Send a message via Yahoo to gfxmichaeldial Facebook: 655220790 Twitter: michael_dial_GX Youtube: Extremeabc

wayyyyy to challenging lol
Have hard times trying to finish it but when I fricking saw 3 FULL SIZE UGH ZAN, I died endless times lol, i used developers cheat afterwards lol.
The Bubble levels (mainly the Water Temple) is frustrating to me but I finally got it through
I prefer this more to be a DLC and not just a Map for Mod.
It;s Toooo Good
Very Awesome Epic Map you created Solais. I can never get tired replaying this Map
3rd time playing it. Will do the Village again later. on Hard lol

Just asking maybe a dumb question lol, since I do change my computer system on yearly times about 2-3 years. If I save the steam app folder including the SSHD with your current map in it from my current pc, to the new one. Will all the Unlock Secret Levels be Ready Unlock on the New PC or Do i have to replay it again to Unlock the secret levels on the new pc ? Lol

Secondly which I am interesting in since I have no knowledge on Serious Editor 3, Are there any Tutorials on How to Add Enemies from your New Enemy Variations to Your Map and other supported maps that support your pack?

Thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #133   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Huh, maybe the first person who bothered getting all the Mega Secrets.

As for using my enemies, it needs no tutorial, because you add the new enemy variations to a map the same way you add enemies.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #134   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious

Solais i downloaded your map played on modable started the first map and it sed unable to load level then i open serious eidot t osee what the problem is and this came any chance of me fixing this
help me pls

Cannot open file Content/SeriousSamHD/Textures/Levels/GreatPyramid/MetalPlate02_CM.tex
Old 08-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #135   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

As said in the first post, the map needs the Fusion DLC. But if you have that, maybe you can post your log so I can look at it, maybe there's another problem.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #136   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
As said in the first post, the map needs the Fusion DLC. But if you have that, maybe you can post your log so I can look at it, maybe there's another problem.
Ups havent seen that. With fusion DLC then
Old 08-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #137   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

HI, I tryed to play Version 1.3 during a classic COOP (alone).
I got stuck early in the village part.
I killed all monsters and like on page 4 descritped I found 3 normal swtiches and 2 secret switches.

behind house: Pressed
behind pyramid: pressed
by the flamethrower: pressed
secret where rocket launcher ammo is pressed
secret behind wall where falmethrower ammo is pressed:

The city gate stays shut.... I'm cofnused on what I should do or not.
I did press the switches durring my combat witht he monsters, is that maybe the wrong 'order' of doing things?

Or is it a kind of bug that sometimes happens in COOP ? I dunno if restarting and replacing will recreate that bug...

As bonus note I played in serious difficult level but i think that should have nothing to do witht he problem?

Thanks for responding, and thanks for the map pack its quiet epic and epicly hard too. (but that makes it the more awesome. Just that kind of geting stuck is less fun.)
Old 08-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #138   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

gfxmichaeldial is offline Steam ID: michaeldial Raptr ID: Ultimate_Extreme Send a message via MSN to gfxmichaeldial Send a message via Yahoo to gfxmichaeldial Facebook: 655220790 Twitter: michael_dial_GX Youtube: Extremeabc

hmmmm. did you followed the Secret Guide? I did it and with no problems Can;t remember accurately but these are the switches I pulled then a cut-scene shown the Large gates opening
1 - soon as level starts - jump into the water and swim down u will fine some ammo and a switch
2 - as entering the room where the fish are, dive into water under a bridge u will find a rocket launcher and a switch
3 - after leaving that room and elevated upwards, somewhere behind you will see a switch near some rocks
4 - keep going untill you see a village place. a large wall like. Go behind the wall to the end and you will see a switch, ( Will trigger a Biomech-Major when pulled)
5 - into the village u will see two statues thing. hop on it and behind a wall you will see switch number 5

NOW where the Flamethrower at there is a Switch there. I Pulled that
then on wolking to right side closer to the heights land thing another switch behind of a building. Pulled that. Then do you see the Pyramid where the Blue Scorpion were at? I circled around that and found a switch there. From that moment the cutscene shown where the gates opening

THAT IS ALL I REMEMBER lol
switch 6-8 is after passing the gates
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #139   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Warmonger is offline Steam ID: HedgeMaster Send a message via ICQ to Warmonger

But he asked about normal walktrough, not secret spoiler...
Old 08-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #140   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Some enemies may get stuck back there where they came from after you pressed the switch on the pyramid. Go there and look for them.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #141   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
But he asked about normal walktrough, not secret spoiler...
Ahhh Right,
sorry about that
Old 08-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #142   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

So best idea would be, first kill all enemys, then go after any switch(es) ? thanks for the tips i will try to replay it and kill first all monsters befor touching any switches.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:00 AM   #143   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

The intended gameplay is this: Enter village, kill all the enemies. Pull one switch, kill the enemies, pull the other switch, kill the enemies etc.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #144   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Hi Solais, I think I found a bug on the battlefield (final) level:

I played COOP alone, on Battlefield (Both secrets).
And when I was in the second arena with the wave with the harpy I died. I stayed dead for a momment to get a drink, and when I returned I noticed that a hand ful harpy flyed very very very far away. So far away that my sniper rifle could not reach them.

I used fly and turbo cheat and flyed towards them to make this screenshot:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...8-20_00002.jpg
Then I turned around and made this screenshot, to show you how far away they are, from the actual map:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...8-20_00003.jpg

One of the harpy escaped my sight from there anyhow, with ment that I got stuck in that enemy wave... and gave after 30 minutes seeking up.

Now for my feedback on the maps:
Village map: I loved this map, it has tons of classic Sam action. I just wished that there was a quick link between the watertemple entry and the egyptican bonus area. (Walking 4 times from temple to the egyptican area wasnt that fun).

Watertemple: I respect the creative approach done on this map. But I did not enjoy the gameplay of this map. (The teleporter puzzle works great in pissing players of.) In futured COOP I would prefere to skip this map.

Biosphere bonus Level: A very intresting design for a bonus map. I liked it,except the grasshoppersin the end. I felt that part was a bit unbalanced. (To many to stay alive long enogth to attack the boss, for me)

Scrapyard: The first half felt very thight to me, I think I did things wrong when I moved along the waterfall. The second half on the bridge was pure awesome on the other hand.

Battlefield: Looks like to be as awesome as the first map. I love it even with the bug I encountered, and will try to replay it somewhen.

Therea note I like to hand out for the first arena;
Thanks to the hills I encounterd FPS lag, created by to many enemys waiting by the powerups for me. While I was near the gate you enter the arena battling biomechs. The idleing monsters could not see me because of the many hills you builded into that arena. I belive if it where more flat ground that they wont had stood still waiting, with would had ment a more intense battle and possible no fps drops.

All considered I recommented the map pack to a friend still. As its great fun all in all considered. Specialy with the use of the new enemy types. That really cool.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #145   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately I no longer plan to support this mappack with any new patches. I think I heard about the harpy bug and indeed it happened to others. It is something I'll have to pay attention to on my future levels. (BTW, you could use Kill All for "searching" for the Harpy using it.)

I agree on the second level. Back then I planned it to be a pain in the ass, and whenever I play that level, I hate myself for it. I tend to actually skip the teleport puzzle with cheats.

The bridge area in Scrapyard is still something I'm proud of. I mean yeah, I basically copied the end of Courtyard of Gilgamesh there during its planning, but I feel that area is the most balanced of the whole mappack.

For the enemies getting stuck on the Battlefield, yeah, I know about that. In the AfterFinal patch I included a reacharound fix for that, but I guess it doesn't work very well.

Glad that you enjoyed my map, while I myself consider it to be a map of many many mistakes and unpolish, using too many enemies and feeling just a little monotone, it is still a map that I can be proud of, and I can only get better.

Last edited by Solais; 08-20-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #146   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

One last thing I'd like would be a warp that would let you skip the Water Temple's dumb puzzles. I was enjoying the map pack until I got to those unfun water tubes that all look the same.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:11 AM   #147   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Too bad, I was kinda planning to use them tubes again somewhere down the line, but without the painful puzzle element. Maybe modeling them to look more better.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #148   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

The tubes were cool as a concept, but having to navigate a huge canyon filled with them to find some obscure switches? Ahahaha no.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #149   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

help please in water temple level game tell us that there is 8 secrets but your guide only have 5 and how to go to The Biosphere (Secret Level) I can't find it
Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #150   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Hmm, there must be only 6 with the Secret level. I'll check.

EDIT: Oh. Damn, I missed a secret in the guide, that would give both missing secrets. Damn. I guess I'll upload that fixed guide.

EDIT: Uploaded, see first post for download.

Last edited by Solais; 08-23-2012 at 12:56 PM.