Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #31  
Standing On Trial

Greyson is offline Steam ID: somekindofevilhorse Facebook: SomeKindOfEvilHorse
Default Re: Serious Sam Origins

SLAwww, contact John Dick / Booger on Facebook or Steam. He'd be more than willing to do it, hell, he said on his FB account that he'll do Origins for free if asked.
http://i.imgur.com/VjKWVjN.jpg
Men will suffer, that's for certain"

Last edited by Greyson; 10-21-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #32  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

Two SS games? What?

I mean, they did -some- parts of Next Encounter HD, but those resources had to be completely reworked. And it's not even near finished "entirely". What's the other one?

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #33  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww Send a message via Skype™ to SLAwww

Most resources from In The Flesh were reused in Serious Sam. For example, the original boss of the Egypt episode was supposed to be the final boss of In The Flesh. Also, the Origins team is not the same team that works on SSNEHD, though some people participate in both teams.
Of course we will contact John Dick when we will have a complete list of quotes for SSO. It's pleasant to know he is interested in helping us.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #34  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Just participated. They abandoned SSNEHD when work on Origins started, that's why we had to form a completely new team to work on it.

Quote:
In The Flesh (ultra pre Sam) and the pre Alpha Sam/2000-GCard Maker Test Build (Early Egypt+Planetoids+Sirius)
Uh what? There's an In The Flesh remake? Or you're just talking about Origins. Because Origins is not that.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #35  
Wake Up

FreekNik is offline Steam ID: freeknik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
They abandoned SSNEHD when work on Origins started
It's not correct to think that Origins affected on SSNEHD working process. I don't really know about the current situation in SSNEHD team, but those people who are involved in Origins team abandoned SSNEHD long before SSO's development started. Don't compare these two projects, please.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #36  
war

PikaCommando is offline Steam ID: PikaCommando

Is there an original design documents of In The Flesh? Was Sam supposed to be silent in the original? By the way, my question number 2 was "Are the secret levels in Origins also secret levels in the original build?"
Old 10-22-2013, 02:56 AM   #37  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreekNik View Post
It's not correct to think that Origins affected on SSNEHD working process. I don't really know about the current situation in SSNEHD team, but those people who are involved in Origins team abandoned SSNEHD long before SSO's development started. Don't compare these two projects, please.
Oh ok. It wasn't clear when they abandoned the project. Though, if Origins started the same time we got the alpha resources, then yeah, it was obvious that they abandoned SSNEHD before that, since we (the new team) were already working on it. (Though, the timeframes of both events are quite close to each other...)

Also, the last sentence doesn't make sense, because I never compared the two. I think you used a wrong word there.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #38  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww Send a message via Skype™ to SLAwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaCommando View Post
Is there an original design documents of In The Flesh? Was Sam supposed to be silent in the original? By the way, my question number 2 was "Are the secret levels in Origins also secret levels in the original build?"
To the best of my knowledge, there was no complete design document for ITF. However, Roman said that three episodes were planned for that game. He also described the final boss.
In the original build, most levels aren't even linked together. We made them secret in accordance to the design document.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #39  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Hmm, well okay. I guess I just calculated the whole thing to the time when the new team received the resources from Sanches. I guess he was working on them months before that happening.

Actually, the current SSNE team is not leaving the project how it is, it is just entering a phase of re-development to up the quality to be something remarkable, to be truly HD, not just some half-assed port.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #40  
Khnum

Thekazuya005 is offline Gamertag: Thekazuya005 PSN ID: Thekazuya005 Steam ID: Thekazuya005 Send a message via Skype™ to Thekazuya005 Twitter: KittyWizard Youtube: thekazuya005

Quote:
Originally Posted by noam2000 View Post
4. You could always ask booger (the original serious sam voice),though it might not be free...
still,making it only russian seems like a very very bad idea.
exactly, a very very bad idea! john dick already offered origins a free help for voice acting.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #41  
Awww

There will be an english version too.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #42  

AntonioR is offline Steam ID: AntonioR Facebook: AntonioR.Software Youtube: antoniorsoftware

Ask Damjan Mravunac to do Croatian Sam voice TFE was brilliant in Croatian, too bad the market is so small they stopped making cro versions.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #43  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually, the reason was that everyone pirated SS in Croatia.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #44  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Scratch is offline PSN ID: NimbleCatt Steam ID: ansjh Twitter: ansjh Youtube: youMrAG LinkedIn: 77325926

Way to support your own country

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog - My outdated portfolio website - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 10-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #45  

AntonioR is offline Steam ID: AntonioR Facebook: AntonioR.Software Youtube: antoniorsoftware

Back then (and it is not any different now) you could buy original video games only in Zagreb and maybe in two or three bigger cities for a very high price(=normal price for the west), or order it from those shops and pay the delivery too.

And then there were Internet Cafe-s in every smaller town which sold copies for 5-10€ depending on the number of CD/DVDs.

Buying original games was out of the question, not only because of the ridiculous prices, but because it is not very convenient to travel 200km to search for a video game shop. But with Internet, Steam, GOG and other stuff things are slowly changing even here.

So people DID support local businesses, but not game and bus companies
Old 10-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #46  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Scratch is offline PSN ID: NimbleCatt Steam ID: ansjh Twitter: ansjh Youtube: youMrAG LinkedIn: 77325926

Nobody in Croatia supports public transport services.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog - My outdated portfolio website - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 10-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #47  
Khnum

Thekazuya005 is offline Gamertag: Thekazuya005 PSN ID: Thekazuya005 Steam ID: Thekazuya005 Send a message via Skype™ to Thekazuya005 Twitter: KittyWizard Youtube: thekazuya005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
Nobody in Croatia supports public transport services.
lol i have to go 1 hour earlyer than i should to catch the bus, otherwise ill be late for school, then you got a 150 years old oldtimer bus which is made of wood XD

as for games, here in split you have 1 video game store which sells everything (you have many others but they sell pirated copyes XD)
Old 12-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #48  
>>M<<

King of the Cathedral

Mkbewe is offline Steam ID: SeriousMkbewe Send a message via Skype™ to Mkbewe Facebook: marek.szawara Twitter: MarekSzawara

Any news?
Old 12-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #49  
Awww

The development process is going on well, though we decided not to publish too much information before SSO is done.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #50  
>>M<<

King of the Cathedral

Mkbewe is offline Steam ID: SeriousMkbewe Send a message via Skype™ to Mkbewe Facebook: marek.szawara Twitter: MarekSzawara

Can we know when do You release this game?
Old 12-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #51  
war

Hmm, how about a few more screenshots to cure boredom? Is it nearing completion?
Old 01-02-2014, 04:59 AM   #52  
Khnum

wasn't the release supposed to be december 2013 then 1.1.2014, then they stated beggining 2014?
Old 01-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #53  
war

Don't be so impatient, kazuya. 2014 has just begun and they never stated 1.1.2014.

I have high hopes for SLAwww. He's busy doing things, and he's busy doing things right. Let's all just wait for him to finalize and quality-check everything in the mod so that when he release it we all get to enjoy what could possibly be Sam's greatest adventure. I'm very excited to see how close it will be to Croteam's original vision for the game.

Hey SLAwww, the mod better be so good that there won't be any need for patches
Old 01-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #54  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaCommando View Post
Don't be so impatient, kazuya. 2014 has just begun and they never stated 1.1.2014.

I have high hopes for SLAwww. He's busy doing things, and he's busy doing things right. Let's all just wait for him to finalize and quality-check everything in the mod so that when he release it we all get to enjoy what could possibly be Sam's greatest adventure. I'm very excited to see how close it will be to Croteam's original vision for the game.

Hey SLAwww, the mod better be so good that there won't be any need for patches
yes on russian pages they stated 1.1.2014 never belived in origins just wanted to check how will it actually look.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #55  
Khnum

news: russian guy wrote:

Ребят, не бурчите вы насчет этого, прошлого года)
В конце концов, не сомневайтесь - работа идет. Гарантированно. А работы было просто тьма тьмущая. По сути, это переиздание полноценной и огромной игры, которая не была завершена. Прибавим к этоим словам тот факт, что наша команда - не православные и оплачиваемые Croteam, которые тоже вправе задерживать релизы и анонсы разработок. У каждого в команде есть учеба, работа, отпуск и желание скорее закончить дело. Порт с движка ~1.1 на 1.7 - еще то пухлое дело. Не на равне с тем, чтобы отточить более чем 46 уровней, некоторые из которых и выеденного гроша не стоят своим состоянием. Отбросив технические моменты проекта, можно рассмотреть и менее видные, но значимые моменты, которыми мы сейчас и занимаемся. Music, voice, text's, error's, Roman's, model's, SDK, secret's and more... Stay serious!)

translation:

Guys, you do not mutter about it, last year)
In the end, no doubt - the work goes. Guaranteed. A study was just darkness multitudes. In fact, this re-release and a huge full game, which has not been completed. Etoim add to the words of the fact that our team - not Orthodox and paid Croteam, who also has the right to delay the development releases and announcements. Each team has a study, work, vacation and desire to finish the job. Port engine with 1.1 ~ 1.7 - still a chubby thing. Not on an equal footing in order to hone in more than 46 levels, and some of which are not worth a damn penny to their condition. Discarding the technical aspects of the project, you can consider less prominent but significant moments that we are now doing. Music, voice, text's, error's, Roman's, model's, SDK, secret's and more ... Stay serious!)
Old 01-08-2014, 02:40 AM   #56  
war

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
news: russian guy wrote:

Ребят, не бурчите вы насчет этого, прошлого года)
В конце концов, не сомневайтесь - работа идет. Гарантированно. А работы было просто тьма тьмущая. По сути, это переиздание полноценной и огромной игры, которая не была завершена. Прибавим к этоим словам тот факт, что наша команда - не православные и оплачиваемые Croteam, которые тоже вправе задерживать релизы и анонсы разработок. У каждого в команде есть учеба, работа, отпуск и желание скорее закончить дело. Порт с движка ~1.1 на 1.7 - еще то пухлое дело. Не на равне с тем, чтобы отточить более чем 46 уровней, некоторые из которых и выеденного гроша не стоят своим состоянием. Отбросив технические моменты проекта, можно рассмотреть и менее видные, но значимые моменты, которыми мы сейчас и занимаемся. Music, voice, text's, error's, Roman's, model's, SDK, secret's and more... Stay serious!)

translation:

Guys, you do not mutter about it, last year)
In the end, no doubt - the work goes. Guaranteed. A study was just darkness multitudes. In fact, this re-release and a huge full game, which has not been completed. Etoim add to the words of the fact that our team - not Orthodox and paid Croteam, who also has the right to delay the development releases and announcements. Each team has a study, work, vacation and desire to finish the job. Port engine with 1.1 ~ 1.7 - still a chubby thing. Not on an equal footing in order to hone in more than 46 levels, and some of which are not worth a damn penny to their condition. Discarding the technical aspects of the project, you can consider less prominent but significant moments that we are now doing. Music, voice, text's, error's, Roman's, model's, SDK, secret's and more ... Stay serious!)
All is well, we'll keep waiting patiently
Old 01-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #57  
Werebull

James989 is offline Gamertag: Nintendo989 XFIRE ID: seriousjesse989 Steam ID: CatoNator Send a message via Skype™ to James989 Youtube: Cato Nator

There has been some activity on the SSO Facebook page, but not anything major.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #58  
Zeo
Kleer

Zeo is offline Send a message via Skype™ to Zeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAwww View Post
The development process is going on well, though we decided not to publish too much information before SSO is done.
This is the right way to go. Good luck dudes, your project seems very awesome ^^
Old 01-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #59  
Khnum

they are having problems with ppl working on it.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:17 AM   #60  
Gnaar

It would be awesome if this came to Revolution when it is finished.