Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2015, 02:46 PM   #61   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Thekazuya005 is offline Gamertag: Thekazuya005 PSN ID: Thekazuya005 Steam ID: Thekazuya005 Send a message via Skype™ to Thekazuya005 Twitter: KittyWizard   Youtube: thekazuya005
Default Re: Latest Official Patch Releases For Steam Versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Maybe you should be a bit more specific. It's really vague.

What is your monitor's highest resolution?
Did you select the proper aspect ratio associated with your monitor's highest resolution?
Does it work if you edit it manually in PersistentSymbols.ini?
1280 x 1024, yes.

I'll see if it can be done manually.

UPDATE: Yes it can be done manually, but still in the game's video options it shows 640x480 even though it's 1280x1024 idk why SLAWWW removed that one from the available resolutions to be setted from the game (same from TFE) I know it's old ware but still I prefer my monitor on games being done from 2007 and before, for the new stuff I have my TV. Like why to force the game to run on resolutions it wasn't supposed to run.

UPDATE V2: Seems that SLAWWW did a new Steam update for both games and fixed my problem. Thanks!

Last edited by Thekazuya005; 09-30-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #62   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

I remember talking about having to send heartbeat to multiple master servers. After Slawww updated DedicatedServer.exe - make the send heartbeat for a few master servers was easy enough.

This is my little work:
MultiHB_DedicatedServer.zip
DedicatedServer sends a heartbeat to three master servers:
1.) gs.ostap.eu
2.) qtracker
3.) openspy.org

Read Readme.txt.
To compile DedicatedServer - run the file "make.bat" in the selected directory.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #63   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww Send a message via Skype™ to SLAwww

Cool, but why didn't you just ask me to implement that? You had to hardcode the master server addresses, this is not a very good thing and it could be avoided.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #64   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Can we get an official version then?
Old 10-04-2015, 06:14 AM   #65   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Yes, the Idea is to send a heartbeat to the game server several master servers belongs to Louva-Deus.
It's a good idea to reduce the disunity of the players after the GameSpy closure.
These three master servers are quite reliable. Qtracker project develops from the end 90-h years and openspy, too, there is more than one year.
There are other 2 master servers in which the support Serious Sam Classic (333 networks and another)- but I don't know how reliable it is for the future.

It would be great if the official version in the steam could send the heartbeat for a few master servers.

And I did - because I find it interesting in my spare time to dig into some code.
And in order to (42amsterdam) the game server has not sent a heartbeat to themselves and sent to only for other master servers.
Table active game servers running on 42amsterdam taken from mysql.
This reduces the load on the master server. Heartbeat is taken only from a third-party game servers.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #66   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww Send a message via Skype™ to SLAwww

It seems that openspy and qtracker don't have any Serious Sam 1 servers.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:36 AM   #67   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

God Of Gaming is offline Steam ID: godofgamingbg Send a message via Skype™ to God Of Gaming Youtube: GodOfGamingBG

Can you switch the sound system to OpenAL Soft? The game currently uses old DirectSound3D which is dead since Vista and is getting wrapped to XAudio2 now, which severely hurts the audio. It can be wrapped to OpenAL with ALchemy to restore at least EAX and 5.1 surround, but I think it would be better if OpenAL Soft is added natively to the game itself, that way even HRTF should work like it does in SS2, SSHD and SS3 (it doesn't now).

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 10-04-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:29 AM   #68   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Sure, but that will take some time.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #69   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

qtracker have
http://www.qtracker.com/master-gamespy.php

http://www.qtracker.com/server_list_...ame=serioussam
http://www.qtracker.com/server_list_...e=serioussamse

openspy - not know
Old 10-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #70   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

I agree with the OpenAL suggestion. That would be cool.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 10-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #71   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

God Of Gaming is offline Steam ID: godofgamingbg Send a message via Skype™ to God Of Gaming Youtube: GodOfGamingBG

YouTube Video: listen with headphones

Considering Serious Sam's gameplay of keeping in mind enemies behind you while you're dealing with those in front of you, Im sure better positional sound would be very welcome And indeed in SS2, SSHD and SS3, where you can enable it with a bit of tinkering, it definitely helps

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 10-04-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #72   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Okay, I started working on OpenAL support. This is going to be a very hard task, so I don't promise it will work out. If it does, I'm going to use the beta branch again to test it. After that I'll add support for multiple master servers. Simply sending heartbeat to multiple master servers is not enough for SeriousSam.exe, because it has to receive data from multiple servers as well.

Update: Good news, OpenAL is working in SE1 but it still requires a lot of time to properly integrate it. This is going to be difficult.

Last edited by SLAwww; 10-06-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #73   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Can you add support for higher-res environment textures to the tools?

I.e., when you press "save pictures for environment" in Serious Editor it gives a dialog window asking how big you want it (with maybe options up to 1024x1024) instead of just dumping them at 256x256? And also an option for Serious Modeler to create environment textures bigger than 256x256 (again, 1024x1024 would be awesome)?
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #74   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Is he also going to beef up the engine so it won't run like poop with 1024x1024 textures everywhere?
Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #75   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAwww View Post
Okay, I started working on OpenAL support. This is going to be a very hard task, so I don't promise it will work out. If it does, I'm going to use the beta branch again to test it. After that I'll add support for multiple master servers. Simply sending heartbeat to multiple master servers is not enough for SeriousSam.exe, because it has to receive data from multiple servers as well.

Update: Good news, OpenAL is working in SE1 but it still requires a lot of time to properly integrate it. This is going to be difficult.
That's indeed really great news With OpenAL Soft fully working and proper modern resolutions support, there is really no reason at all for anyone to play SS HD
Old 10-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #76   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
Is he also going to beef up the engine so it won't run like poop with 1024x1024 textures everywhere?

You can already make 1024x1024 textures, that's not the problem here. When you take environment pictures, the max size per face is 256x256, and when you make an environment texture out of it the maximum size is also 256x256, which is really shitty with modern computers. I'd be happy enough with 512x512.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #77   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Next he should add support for advanced shaders and dot3 bump mapping.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:20 PM   #78   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

LD, you can actually add those without modifying an executable or engine.
Discy, okay, but after I'm done with current things (OpenAL, then multiple master servers option).
Old 10-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #79   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

How can you add those then?
Old 10-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #80   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

By adding stuff to the rendering routine, to which you have an access from the Player class.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:27 PM   #81   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

In that case, forget bump mapping, early versions of serious engine did support bump mapping and was later removed for some reason, how about something a bit more modern, like parallax occlusion mapping? (Doom 3 Sikkmod looks fucking awesome with POM enabled). Would that be possible in SE1? Or, how about fully dynamic lighting and shadows in real time? If I understand it right, all you need for this is the SDK? Would be really awesome if its possible to make SS Classic look as good as SS HD, without dropping the gravity sections and all the other small things that got changed in HD for no good reason.

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 10-09-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #82   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Dot3 bump mapping, or normal mapping, would let you be able to make low polygonal models look like high-poly models without any performance sacrifice. That with PoM and other things would make the game look a lot better.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:35 AM   #83   Add To Ignore List  
>>M<<

King of the Cathedral

Mkbewe is offline Steam ID: SeriousMkbewe Send a message via Skype™ to Mkbewe Facebook: marek.szawara   Twitter: MarekSzawara

SLAwww could you fix UV map importing, attachment adding and collision box in Serious Modeler?
Old 10-10-2015, 04:42 AM   #84   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
Dot3 bump mapping, or normal mapping, would let you be able to make low polygonal models look like high-poly models without any performance sacrifice. That with PoM and other things would make the game look a lot better.
Granted, you have to someone who can make a high-quality normal map for every model you want to improve.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:46 AM   #85   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

I'm not adding any graphical enhancements to the game. There's no point in this because none of the older maps will make use of such enhancements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbewe View Post
SLAwww could you fix UV map importing, attachment adding and collision box in Serious Modeler?
What's wrong with those?
Old 10-10-2015, 06:52 AM   #86   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

but is it true that its possible to make such graphical improvements with the SDK, or I misunderstood? You said you can do it from the Player class, that class is in the SDK, right?
Old 10-10-2015, 06:57 AM   #87   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Yes.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:34 AM   #88   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

sweet. I always thought that you need to modify the engine itself for such things
Old 10-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #89   Add To Ignore List  
>>M<<

King of the Cathedral

Mkbewe is offline Steam ID: SeriousMkbewe Send a message via Skype™ to Mkbewe Facebook: marek.szawara   Twitter: MarekSzawara

UV map - you know in 3DS MAX uv map is corrected to model, in Modeler - don't know why changes position or something, even after using Alexej's scripts.

Attachement - if you add thing to main model, it is correct with animations of model

Collision box - if i add it to model, it does not work in Serious Editor.

Maybe i am doing wrongly - don't know. If you don't want fix these problem, you could make official tutorials?

Last edited by Mkbewe; 10-10-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:14 PM   #90   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

You're doing something wrong. Or maybe I didn't understand you. Everything you described works fine for me. Although UV map import always was tricky, but you can learn how to use it properly.