Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
BFG Division

EmperorDanny13 is offline Gamertag: Emperor Danny 9 Steam ID: EmperorDanny
Question Evade Attack

i have a problem,i know bio mechs and khnums can shoot while going left or right,they are using evade animations while attacking
i want to make an enemy which shoots while going left but i dont know how to make it,this enemy has the same puppet as khnum and uses khnum behaviour but it has a different model and skeleton,mechanism,animations. it is set like the khnum but this enemy still does not move while playing the evade animation in game,
how to make this enemy move while shooting,i want this enemy to go left like the khnum does,he goes left and he shoots,in editor the khnum moves in place,but in game he moves while shooting
how to make my enemy behave the same ?
My Doom And Quake stuff in Serious Sam
Old 12-07-2015, 02:38 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Devostator is offline Gamertag: Florian324 PSN ID: Devostator501 Steam ID: devostator Raptr ID: devostator1 Facebook: florian.schneider.81 Youtube: Devostatorable
Default Re: Evade Attack

They mostly evade when you shoot projectiles at them like rockets, most noticable on the khnum, when I am back I could take a look at how it works
Old 12-07-2015, 03:06 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

For those evade animations, the Khnum and Biomech use the "ModelMover" envelope. It's a special envelope you can add to an animation to move the puppet around over the course of the animation. To add it to an animation, in the Animation Editor, have your animation selected, click on the drop-down box at the bottom-right of the window (where the bones in the animation are listed), select "Action > Manage envelope(s)...", click "Create custom", and put in "ModelMover" (case-sensitive). You can then animate this to achieve the movements you desire.

In older versions of the editor, the movements caused by the ModelMover were actually shown in the Animation Editor... but for some reason that was taken out.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
BFG Division

EmperorDanny13 is offline Gamertag: Emperor Danny 9 Steam ID: EmperorDanny

Ok thanks i will try it today
My Doom And Quake stuff in Serious Sam