Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-16-2017, 01:23 PM   #1891   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is online now Steam ID: joey42
Default Re: Serious Sam 4 ideas ?

That doesn't make a lot of sense. It was probably supposed to open at some point but just got removed later in development.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 07-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #1892   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

PikaCommando is offline Steam ID: PikaCommando

Yeah, it's a bit of stretch. My money is on Courtyards of Gilgamesh being TFE Lake&Alley though.

https://i.imgur.com/uapxbsZ.png
Old 07-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #1893   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is online now Steam ID: joey42

I suppose I can concede 'influenced by', but pinning a mechanically working door made inactive because it's secretly a retooled alpha level is a stretch. The similarities here are superficial and limited to general layout.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 07-16-2017, 04:54 PM   #1894   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Like I said, I don't believe Elephant Atrium was the beta (not alpha/Sam2000) version of Lake&Alley, but keep in mind that picture above depicts Sam2000 Lake&Alley and not the beta TFE version of Lake&Alley (which we have no idea how it looks like), as well as the fact that Tower of Babylon and Land of Damned saw little changes in geometry from being Temple of Thoth and Terrain&LavaCaves.

https://i.imgur.com/ERm9U.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/RtmML.jpg

I think it's less of a "secret retool" and more of a "blatant laziness"
Old 07-17-2017, 01:35 AM   #1895   Add To Ignore List  
Born to grill

Dead_Kadath is offline Steam ID: HolyNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaCommando View Post
I think it's less of a "secret retool" and more of a "blatant laziness"
Do you really think that any old and unused idea is a "secret retool" cause of "blatant laziness"?
Anyway, it's a little offtopic.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:57 AM   #1896   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Serious Sam(BG) is offline Send a message via Skype™ to Serious Sam(BG)

Oh, Babylonian temple... Sometimes, when I replay Karnak and reach the crossroad yard, I'm sitting and wathin' to the temple.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:19 AM   #1897   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

What does this have to do with Serious Sam 4 ideas?
Old 07-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #1898   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Kadath View Post
Do you really think that any old and unused idea is a "secret retool" cause of "blatant laziness"?
Anyway, it's a little offtopic.
It's ALWAYS blatant laziness, not some super sekrit retools because they have nothing else to do. Just ask all the other developers who retooled unused maps for DLCs. Remember, it's all about making the most money with the least amount of effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman40 View Post
What does this have to do with Serious Sam 4 ideas?
Because we all know the Eiffel Tower is an alien structure.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #1899   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Sometimes unused ideas can be re-used to recreate new ideas like the old Lake & Alley could of inspired ideas for Courtyards of Gilgamesh I dunno... Like agreeing to the above like the Legend of the Beast DLC reused the level Babilion I think it is.. And a few others.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:19 PM   #1900   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Serious Sam(BG) is offline Send a message via Skype™ to Serious Sam(BG)

Well, Babylon level was based on alpha Egypt level, and because later they decide to insert 3 more levels in Egypt they re-reused old idea The look and layout of the LotB levels is amazing, but as gameplay theu are too repetitive.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:16 PM   #1901   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Serious Editor is actually really flexible, like it can allow you to copy/paste sectors easily, or even whole worlds & templates, allowing user to make worlds really fast. Also probably the idea of re-using other ideas previously not used also saves effort on having to try and think of more ideas (for example, time restriction, etc), so it's probably far easier & quicker to base one idea off another rather than start from scratch...
Old 08-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #1902   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

I have to say that I sincerely hope that Croteam does not include any politics in Sam 4. Political discussion is seeping in media where it has no business and it brings out the worst in everyone and everything. The only politics I want involve Sam exercising his right to pop caps in that ass.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #1903   Add To Ignore List  
Wake Up

FreekNik is offline Steam ID: freeknik

Yeah, for some reason I had a similar concern in the latest year or two (and still have). They have Jonas on board, he's a great writer who can bring some good meaningful and social topics to the game, yet he's also known for, let's say, certain active citizenship traits and pretty vocal thoughts about various topics such as politics and society. I believe some of the Croteam veterans have a similar attitude as well. Not that it's bad at all, but I hope they'll keep these things to the minimum, without direct references and excessive propaganda of whatever ideas they have in their minds. Not only that, but there's also an excessive PC culture and SJW pandering in modern media as well, and that's another thing that should be left overboard. Serious Sam is certainly not a place for these things, just leave it alone and stay true to the roots, which is fun and games. If anything, there's a lot of more basic and better thought provoking things that can be explored.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #1904   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I agree.
Unless it is a political game, or they are using some era that was very politically charged (wwII, vietnam war, etc), then I want nothing to do with politics OR religion in my games.
I almost dont want to play FarCry 5 because it has this crud in it. And, I actually might not play it, its that bad (for me).
But, SS has never been known for having this in its games, so why would they start now? I get that they have a writer now, and thats ok I guess (I mean, how much story do you need? We already have the backdrop for the game, and know whats going on. unless they intend this game to be a huge triple a title like Half Life or Mass Effect, which I would sadly not like. I like those games for what they are, but thats not Sam).