Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Comments on the latest news and discussions from Seriously! Post your site questions, requests, and comments in here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
teitai

魂クラッシャー

Post Neowin.net Previews Serious Sam 3: BFE

The folks over at Neowin.net have posted their preview of Serious Sam 3: BFE and have revealed a few new tidbits of information. Check it out!
Quote:

We got to see two levels from the full version. One, which we did not actually play, takes place in a war torn Cairo and really shows off Croteam's own in-house Serious Engine 3's graphics which rival the best out there. We start out slow with just one or two enemies on screen at first but soon things ramp up with a number of characters firing or attacking you. We saw some familiar looking enemies such as the headless shooters and kamikaze bombers. All of them have gotten a huge bump up in terms of graphics and polygons. In fact early in the game you can do some melee action on the one-eyed creature by pulling his eye out and throwing it. We also got to see a new melee weapon, the sledgehammer, that can pound creatures to a bloody pulp. It can also be used on walls to expose some secrets and additional shortcuts in the level.

Circle strafe, check. Giant cannon, check. Sledgehammer, check, check, check! Hidden shortcuts? Sweet! Read more here at Neowin.net!

Edit: Neowin.net has also posted a preview of Serious Sam: Double D and it sounds like this game will be a blast to play!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Scratch is offline PSN ID: NimbleCatt Steam ID: ansjh Twitter: ansjh Youtube: youMrAG LinkedIn: 77325926
Default Re: Neowin.net Previews Serious Sam 3: BFE

Awesome!

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 06-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  

AntonioR is offline Steam ID: AntonioR Facebook: AntonioR.Software Youtube: antoniorsoftware

Quote:
We also got to see a new melee weapon, the sledgehammer, that can pound creatures to a bloody pulp. It can also be used on walls to expose some secrets and additional shortcuts in the level.
Well this sounds interesting

But not much new info here either.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
teitai

魂クラッシャー

You won't find a lot of new information in most news posts. They will all say the same thing, more or less. The trick is to see if you knowledge of the game has grown after each one you read.