Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Comments on the latest news and discussions from Seriously! Post your site questions, requests, and comments in here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #1  
Lava Golem

Post More Serious Sam 3: BFE Previews

Some more previews of Serious Sam 3: BFE have been published in the last 7 days. If you've read the previous previews, you probably won't find anything new in this round of previews, but they're all well written and enjoyable.

First up is the Shacknews Preview. The only thing that is newish is a little talk about the destructible environments.
Quote:
Buildings are destructible as well, which gives players a good strategy when wanting to box off attack points for enemies. But knocking buildings out in Serious Sam 3 is a risky proposition: items spawning within will be inaccessible if the building is turned into a pile of rubble.

Seems like knocking down buildings will be able to block enemies somewhat, allow for a bit of crowd control. Just make sure you empty out the building first.

Next up is G4's preview. This one is actually a combined preview of Serious Sam 3: BFE and Serious Sam: Double D, and apparently corpse stacking will not be exclusive to Serious Sam: Double D.
Quote:
The HD remasters of the first two games look great, but BFE blows them out of the water. Even in its currently unfinished state – a “summer” release is planned – the textures show off a fine amount of detail, the environments crumble convincingly under sustained fire and Mental’s hordes come in huge waves. They stay behind in huge waves too; the Cro-Team rep conducting our E3 2011 demo pointed out that one advantage of the new engine is being able to keep all of the bloodied-up corpses lying around for you to marvel at.

Following that is the Dealspwn preview. This one is full of goodies such as the quote below.
Quote:
The werebull split in half. Right down the middle. And without losing momentum, the two severed sections merrily flew past either side of me, covering the screen and gun in blood. It was a demonstration of the advanced gore mechanics as much as it was a testament to my skill, but I felt like a vengeful, unstoppable God. And so will you.

So what weapons caused this bloody mess? Well, you'll have to read the preview to find out - it's worth your time.

Finally we have the Rock Paper Shotgun preview. This one is pretty straight forward, but has it's own fun tidbits.
Quote:
However, the exploding rounds shotgun was also a lot of fun. But oddly enough, the weapon that proved the most fun was waiting until a bunch of enemies were near some Kamikazes and then blowing one of those up. Much more satisfying.

Update: And fresh from the presses is the Ripten preview.
Quote:
Bottom line, the game is fun. Frankly, I couldn’t give less of a damn about Duke Nukem Forever- Serious Sam 3 has my attention this summer. Duke can chew all the bubblegum he wants- Sam’s going to kick his ass anyway.

Last edited by jasser; 06-23-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #2  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Steam ID: BjossiAlfreds Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian
Default Re: More Serious Sam 3: BFE Previews

"Bottom line, the game is fun. Frankly, I couldn’t give less of a damn about Duke Nukem Forever- Serious Sam 3 has my attention this summer. Duke can chew all the bubblegum he wants- Sam’s going to kick his ass anyway. " - I had predicted in my mind that DNF would attract more people towards Serious Sam since the Duke didn't deliver in his newest adventure.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #3  
Lava Golem

Default Re: More Serious Sam 3: BFE Previews

Yeah, i guess DNF's poor reception is gonna shift some more attention over to SS3.