Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Comments on the latest news and discussions from Seriously! Post your site questions, requests, and comments in here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
teitai

魂クラッシャー

Post Serious Sam 3 Gameplay Video @ Dailymotion

NoFrag posted several gameplay videos of Serious Sam 3 on Dailymotion (that have since been removed).
Quote:

Update: the game publisher has asked us to remove our videos. New ones will come out next week at GamesCom.

For those of you who saw them please note that the videos were not sanctioned by Croteam or Devolver Digital and were not representative of the final product. Rest assured that even the pre-beta version of the game that they were recorded on looks much better with all the epic graphics turned on, and the final version will be even better. Check back with us for even better videos.

Last edited by Louva-Deus; 08-15-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Default Re: Serious Sam 3 Gameplay Video @ Dailymotion

Looks awesome
Old 08-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Much better than the previous videos. I liek this.

250% Pure Evil Purple (Psycho) Sandwich.

Thank you very ****ing much.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Steam ID: BjossiAlfreds Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Gameplay looks just awesome. Fantastic work!

But sound? I have a few things to say on that subject:

I beg you Alen! Pitch to the rest of Croteam the idea to do last minute sound effect changes for the pistol and assault rifle. Or at least put it on a to-do list via patching. They are way, way too quiet. Sure they are weak-ish guns but the whole fun of using guns in the first place is to get the feedback of their power delivered in sound, not just in destruction and environmental effects. Shotgun and double shotgun could also be a bit louder but I really like their sound effect overall. But I really dig the explosion sound of the kamikazes, you're shooting them with a barely audible pistol and then kaboom! The contrast is pretty funny in a way.

I find the enemy spawn sound rather annoying by the way (Assuming that "wooish" sound is enemy spawn.). The sound in the old games is lower pitch and more subtle, making it disappear into the on-going action more easily.

Last edited by Fiendian; 08-12-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Terminal Meltdown is offline Steam ID: terminalmeltdown

OMG NOOOO!! A COMMERCIAL RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE VIDEO!!!

Thanks for the clip
Old 08-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
teitai

魂クラッシャー

I have it on good authority that the sounds are not final, and neither are the effects.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Steam ID: BjossiAlfreds Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

I'll take your word for it, but this close to release one begins to expect that not much will change.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

A lot of the sounds sound the same as the other HD versions. Sounded like a lot of IP recycling going on... :/

This is most likely an old unpolished clip, right?
Old 08-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

ROFL!!! I just watched the clip again, and this time the commercial was TROJAN Brand condoms. HAHAHA! Reminded me of this:

Sponsored by "Dtp Entertainment AG"

LOL
Old 08-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal Meltdown View Post
A lot of the sounds sound the same as the other HD versions. Sounded like a lot of IP recycling going on... :/

This is most likely an old unpolished clip, right?
It's so cute when people try to play off things they don't like by saying things like "I bet it's an old clip!".
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I like Kleers dirty brown bones look naturally
Old 08-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Cool Re: Serious Sam 3 Gameplay Video @ Dailymotion

I paused the video right when he switches his weapon, and I can see the Pistol, Shotgun, Double barrel shot gun, Rocket launcher, Sledgehammer, Machine gun. But what is the thing right next to the Rocket launcher and below the Sledgehammer?

Also I love how the kleers look!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:30 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Look at when the player is picking up items around 3:15; one of the items he picks up is called "StickyBomb". New weapon!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:37 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

tim.doherty is offline Steam ID: timdoherty

Single barreled shotgun sounds like a party popper. Not like a shotgun at all. That player was pretty shit lol

I thought those mechs would replace the red ones, but I see they are replacing the blue ones. You'd think the person who made this was thinking this is MW or something they way they play it hehe
Old 08-13-2011, 02:01 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Hey everyone! It's my first post here, though i've been reading up on these forums for a little while. Just thought with all the news coming out about the new Sam i'd wanna get in on the action and join the community!

Anyways, I'm getting really excited with what im seeing in that gameplay video! Though, does the way the assault rifle reloads bother anyone else? Like...it looks great, and i like the actual animation, but the way the clip doesnt even seem to go into the gun when he puts the new one in just seems...weird.

But man i cant wait for this to come out!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:03 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Warmonger is offline Steam ID: HedgeMaster Send a message via ICQ to Warmonger

I hate suburban areas, they feel just like any other generic FPS. Especially with no walls around

The gameplay looks as always, just graphic style changed. Finally.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  

This looks awesome. I'm just glad to finally see some real gameplay footage, rather than the spliced up "too-short-to-see-how-it-plays" clips we got from E3.

I agree that the assault rifle sounds pretty weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollybarracuda View Post
Hey everyone! It's my first post here, though i've been reading up on these forums for a little while. Just thought with all the news coming out about the new Sam i'd wanna get in on the action and join the community!
Welcome to the forums!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  

AntonioR is offline Steam ID: AntonioR Facebook: AntonioR.Software   Youtube: antoniorsoftware

I agree with Fiendian about the sound, it appears very unbalanced. You can hardly hear the rocket launcher and the "wooish" sound is too loud. I would say that enemies are spawning like 3 meter away according to that sound.

The guy who played this s*cks. If he were a Russian WW2 soldier, he would run backwards from Germans all the way to Alaska. There were not so many enemies out there to behave like that.

The item flashing is insane. It's like there are lasers on each item. There could be an item radar instead :/ Items were always funky in SS but this seems too much, you don't even need to look for them, they will find you instead.

Overall it looks good... but I am still waiting for a proper SS3 video, since there is too much First Encounter in this one. Basically no new SS3 features,design...enemies were shown here.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:21 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Deepblue is offline Steam ID: Deepblue_Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
I hate suburban areas, they feel just like any other generic FPS.
That all changes when you hear the music though

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR
you don't even need to look for them
You still need to run to them avoiding enemy fire.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Pan is offline Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

A shame that the first long gameplay video I get to see is of some guy playing it as if it was Call of Duty multiplayer. Hanging back and waiting for the enemy to come to him. XD I was hoping for some gameplay of the enemy spawning right next to him and there being large amount of action, but no.

That being said, it's looking like it's shaping up to be a good game. Am I the only one noticing the machine gun not aiming where the cross hair is actually pointing? Im not sure if it's an early build or what, but I'm certainly hoping there's some improvements to the Biomechanoid's AI as well as some of the finer points.

Last edited by Pan; 08-13-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  

AntonioR is offline Steam ID: AntonioR Facebook: AntonioR.Software   Youtube: antoniorsoftware

I always thought my biggest flaw when playing a FPS game is that I never made a habit to take cover. I usually rush in action to kill or get killed fast.

I didn't quite understand all the complaining about the cover stuff in modern games many of you talked about. But now I see how boring even Serious Sam can look when played by the "wrong" people.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I always thought my biggest flaw when playing a FPS game is that I never made a habit to take cover. I usually rush in action to kill or get killed fast.
I do the same thing in games like AVA, Black Shot, etc. I always end up with the most kills in the match, but also the most deaths. In those games you're brought back to life after a few seconds. It just isn't any fun hiding behind cover, I love to rush forward blasting everything in sight.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

I think you all are nitpicking like mad. Just because something sounds or looks different than in previous Sam games doesn't mean it's a bad move and we can't really judge how the effects work when playing the game by watching a video. If the concerns you all have actually mattered much, they would have been mentioned by people who played it.

The previews were done by people who haven't played every level in Sam games a hundred times and they loved it.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Sacorguy79 is offline Steam ID: sacorguy79 Youtube: TheMKFMusic

That was freakin' amazing. I love how Serious Sam 3 manages to add some new modern features to gameplay style, but still keeps some old, special features.

I like how they kept the method that if the double-barrel shotgun didn't penetrate and entire Kleer, you could use the single shotgun to finish 'em off.

Oh, and is it just me, or do the Beheaded Rocketeer's death sounds sound a lot like Doom soldier enemies dying? Because that's awesome!

About the music: It's, pretty good. I mean, it isn't Danjam's classic style of funky beats, but this certainly captures the environments of modern Egypt very well.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeserioussam View Post
I think you all are nitpicking like mad. Just because something sounds or looks different than in previous Sam games doesn't mean it's a bad move and we can't really judge how the effects work when playing the game by watching a video. If the concerns you all have actually mattered much, they would have been mentioned by people who played it.
You've misinterpreted what people have said. Give their comments another look through. =/ But I gotta admit, you can judge the effects by watching a video.

Im not sure what to make of that spawn sound. Im sure it's something I can grow to ignore, but it is a bit too noticeable. I'm also digging Sams gloves, haha.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeserioussam View Post
What matters and doesn't matter is down to the person. I for one think it is a big deal when guns in a first person shooting arcade game sound weak (And that is a huge understatement in the case of the AR and pistol.).

All suggestions and criticism matter, as long as they are constructive. I think everything here is perfectly reasonable and Alen could ask other people at Croteam to take a look and see what people say. Maybe they will agree with some of it and make changes.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Since when did Sam use silenced weapons? Definitely agree that they sound too weak...especially the assault rifle. Heck, I could make a ten times better sound effect myself by recording a real assault rifle sound. If I had permission. It should be loud enough to leave your ears ringing, not some lame pew pew toy gun. Shotgun sounded better imo, but it should be louder as well.

Also agree about the spawn sound, it sounded too 2D, no way to judge where the enemies are coming from really.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendian View Post
All suggestions and criticism matter, as long as they are constructive. I think everything here is perfectly reasonable and Alen could ask other people at Croteam to take a look and see what people say. Maybe they will agree with some of it and make changes.
Very well said, Fiendian.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Warmonger is offline Steam ID: HedgeMaster Send a message via ICQ to Warmonger

Ahh, so these were SPAWN sounds? I thought Biomechanoids get some additional attack effect. Definitely these are flat.

As to shots, I could compress themi in no time if Croteam lacks sound engineer
Old 08-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

We should send Brute to Croatia to help Croteam out with the gun sounds.

Finzy, wasn't the spawn sound in SS1&2 also direction-less? I don't like the sound itself but I'm not so bothered by it being 2D, gives more room for hilarious screw-ups.